men, could date a woman who is tougher than you

Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2013, 1:24 pm

I wonder would any guy here date a woman that could kick your ass,
like an MMA fighter, karate blackbelt, judo champion, top rank boxer.
or a woman who is just plain tough.

( before any guys here say, ''no way any women can be tougher than a man''
trust me there are very tough women out there, especialy women who
trains in mma or boxing)

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2013, 1:36 pm

Oh I'd love to :lol:. I don't really feel threatened by such things, actually, it would be most amusing.

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2013, 1:38 pm

One of the girls I'm seeing is a very tough Leo. Quick lean muscle and likes to brawl. Could probably kick my ass pretty bad if I tried to cross her.........Very hot! If we ever end up getting intimate I'd probably let her hit me a few times (not the face.)

billiscool wrote:
( before any guys here say, ''no way any women can be tougher than a man''
trust me there are very tough women out there, especialy women who
trains in mma or boxing)

I find it sad that you felt the need to include this warning. Based on this board, I understand. I happen to find female empowerment sexy but I know there are a lot of guys here that resent it. :(

Iloveshoujoai
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Apr 2013, 2:07 pm

Of course. I wouldn't want to date someone who is weaker than me, but there are exceptions.

Ancalagon
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2013, 2:44 pm

Sure.

But I have to add a couple of caveats:

I find the bodybuilder physique really unattractive on women. If she looks like the Incredible Hulk with tits, that's a dealbreaker.

She would need to not be physically rough on me. Actually, this one applies equally to non-tough girls, since who would win in a physical fight is much less important than whether a physical fight would get started. If she could easily kick my ass but never would, that's fine, if she couldn't possibly kick my ass but would try, that's not fine.

undercaffeinated
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Apr 2013, 2:52 pm

As long as she wasn't controlling, hostile, violent, or anything like that, it wouldn't bother me. I can't see it being relevant for any reasons more beyond worries about social backlash from others because of meaningless stereotypes and perceived gender roles... even if abuse is an issue it's not as relevant as people might think.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2013, 3:02 pm

If she has courage and fortitude, the willingness to fight for what's right and defend the righteous - absolutely!

If she's stubborn, bullheaded, demanding and fights to get what she wants with no regard to others, harming them to benefit herself - not a chance.

"Tougher" has a lot of possible contexts - some good, some evil.

Tsproggy
Toucan
Toucan

05 Apr 2013, 4:25 pm

Sorry to ruin your fantasy man but I have dated some women who are very skilled in things like martial arts and could take me down if needed. But they've never teased me for it and even if a girl is *tough* she's still a girl, she still could be insecure and come to you to make her feel better etc. The toughest, grittiest, strongest woman in the world could be a total puppy dog with her man and the world would never know. Just because a girl has an image of toughness doesn't mean she's not a loving and vulnerable person.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2013, 6:49 pm

Some guys who don't stand up for themselves very well actually prefer a woman like that. Also, some guys who do stand up for themselves just fine prefer one too because they like to be able to know that their woman's got their back if need be.

And like somebody else pointed out, not all girls who can fight are the roller derby chick type. Some women who can fight really well don't look all bulked up or walk around with a swagger and a lip full of skoal. Most look like a regular ordinary girl and you only know about what they can do when either they tell you, or you see it happen (or you screw up bigtime and put a hand on them and it happens to you). Of course with girls who do some sort of fighting sport regularly, especially as their primary exercise form, it would be something you would notice right away in a relationship, because it's a big part of their life and they would either want to share it with you or it would be something they would tell you about so you would understand why they devoted so much time to it. You would then know right up front that she could probably kick your ass and you proceed at your own, informed, risk.

On the other hand, you have a girl who doesn't do any sport like that and isn't overly athletic in her hobbies or anything but if push came to shove, it would go immediately to punch, with her fist right up against her opponents jaw. She might look like your average sweet little Junior League, butter wouldn't melt in her mouth, runs from spiders lady. She may even ask you to open tight jars because they are so tight, and with those long perfect nails she has it's no wonder she can't. She's a real sleeper and you would never see it coming because she would never think of bragging about it or even mentioning it, but let somebody start something and she will put an ass whoopin on any man or woman foolish enough to bow up at her. This type usually learned her stuff by being a younger daughter in a large family of boys, or she has had some rougher and wilder past that she never talks about. While she looks, acts and sounds like a princess, she can go from Anglo to Saxon in a trice.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

05 Apr 2013, 7:05 pm

It would depend on her personality. If she was tough physically but never acted tough with me & showed her sensitive side

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

05 Apr 2013, 7:45 pm

Yes, definitely. The harder, the better. I stack up fairly well in these areas compared to most men, so I would have no reason to be insecure if a girl were better. I tend to feel much more threatened by men than by women.

Sadly, few women are like this.

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2013, 11:04 pm

Lydia Valentin. :heart:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRSPuxOXqo4

Anyway, I'd date a girl weightlifter or powerlifter in a heartbeat. Traditional martial arts, probably, MMA, probably not. Because MMA people tend to have in my opinion, bad attitudes, or just are very, I dunno. They like listen to Pantera and Slayer 24/7 and everything has to be extreme and hardcore.

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2013, 11:06 pm

1000Knives wrote:

Anyway, I'd date a girl weightlifter or powerlifter in a heartbeat. Traditional martial arts, probably, MMA, probably not. Because MMA people tend to have in my opinion, bad attitudes, or just are very, I dunno. They like listen to Pantera and Slayer 24/7 and everything has to be extreme and hardcore.

wow, she's cute.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

05 Apr 2013, 11:08 pm

billiscool wrote:
1000Knives wrote:

wow, she's cute.

Yes, sort of cute, but she looks way too skinny to actually lift that weight, or else it's fake. I would like to date a woman who could actually lift that bar.

EDIT: never mind it's only 25 pounds on each side, so yeah... it's pretty much the third lightest weight in the gym, and the smallest that would typically be used with that type of bar. I would prefer to date a woman who could lift at least 50 on each side.

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2013, 11:12 pm

Tyri0n wrote:
billiscool wrote:
1000Knives wrote:

wow, she's cute.

Yes, sort of cute, but she looks way too skinny to actually lift that weight, or else it's fake. I would like to date a woman who could actually lift that bar.

She competes as a 75, so she probably walks around at like 77kg, or 170lbs, at 5'7, in daily life. And yes, she can lift that bar and is a real person and not just a silly fitness model.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ng1rkNXyh0g[/youtube]
122K on the snatch, more than I'll probably get to in my life.

As far as looking too small...lol.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th-DIj1c7vs[/youtube]

Last edited by 1000Knives on 05 Apr 2013, 11:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2013, 11:12 pm

Tyri0n wrote:
billiscool wrote:
1000Knives wrote:

wow, she's cute.

there different weight class in weightlifting. Some weightlifers are very skinny and don't look strong. The overall strongest are the big fat guys and ladies. watch some youtube on olympic wieghtlifters and you will see a variety of size.