Anyone here like metal/hardcore music or similar music?

Page 3 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2007, 5:52 am

Apostledanub wrote:
I recently discovered Disturbed. I LOVE THEM!

Da, am likink Disturbed very much.

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2007, 8:41 pm

No one has mentioned Lamb of God or Chimaira, and I find it disturbing that almost no one has mentioned any of the heavy stuff. I think I saw someone mention Deicide but other than that I haven't seen many suggestions of death metal or grindcore bands. Bands like Nile, Hate Eternal, Cannibal Corpse, Cryptopsy, Dying Fetus, Despised Icon, Aborted, Skinless, Akercocke, Misery Index, or Behemoth. If you haven't heard of these bands then I would recommend that you check them out, these bands focus on pure speed and brutality. And although you can't understand the lyrics, if you look them up on the internet you'll find that some of these bands have really funny lyrics (especially Skinless and Cannibal Corpse).

SpectreWithin
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Feb 2007, 7:38 pm

GoatOnFire wrote:
No one has mentioned Lamb of God or Chimaira, and I find it disturbing that almost no one has mentioned any of the heavy stuff. I think I saw someone mention Deicide but other than that I haven't seen many suggestions of death metal or grindcore bands. Bands like Nile, Hate Eternal, Cannibal Corpse, Cryptopsy, Dying Fetus, Despised Icon, Aborted, Skinless, Akercocke, Misery Index, or Behemoth. If you haven't heard of these bands then I would recommend that you check them out, these bands focus on pure speed and brutality. And although you can't understand the lyrics, if you look them up on the internet you'll find that some of these bands have really funny lyrics (especially Skinless and Cannibal Corpse).

No death metal or heavy stuff eh?

Morbid Angel and Death are pioneers of death metal and they were listed. Also Bolt Thrower is excellent death metal and has been listed. These are all a bit old-school compared to some of the bands you mentioned. But without the pioneers those newer bands probably wouldn't exist.

And I don't think "heavy" has to exclusively mean fast and brutal. Some of the doom and death-doom bands listed are extremely heavy but slow.

As for brutal death metal I'll add Suffocation to the list - great stuff.

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2007, 3:18 pm

I cant believe I forgot about Suffocation. I got their new album just a few days ago. Cannibal Corpse is nothing new. Their best album is from around 1994 (The Bleeding), and they weren't new when they released that. I like Morbid Angel too. Hate Eternal has some former members of Morbid Angel. And Death has not been around ever since Chuck Schuldiner died, RIP. I tried to focus on bands that are still active. I guess I missed the other person's reference to Bolt Thrower, I was reading it too fast.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2007, 5:13 pm

psych wrote:
Suicidal Tendancies

Used to be pretty big into them, also Pantera, Minsitry, Type O Negative, a little Biohazard here & there, Pantera - I had friends who were into Slayer, 6 Feet Under and all that, I kinda liked Slayer's later stuff though because it was more muddy (I like the stuff that's high in the low end and low in the mids with lots of murk and which holds real tight to the beat).

SpectreWithin
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Feb 2007, 8:01 pm

GoatOnFire wrote:
I cant believe I forgot about Suffocation. I got their new album just a few days ago. Cannibal Corpse is nothing new. Their best album is from around 1994 (The Bleeding), and they weren't new when they released that. I like Morbid Angel too. Hate Eternal has some former members of Morbid Angel. And Death has not been around ever since Chuck Schuldiner died, RIP. I tried to focus on bands that are still active. I guess I missed the other person's reference to Bolt Thrower, I was reading it too fast.

Well yes I know Cannibal Corpse isn't new but I just meant in general the bands you listed were a bit newer (even if only by a few years) than the mid to late 80's death metal bands. Anyway I mainly just wanted to mention there was some good death metal in the thread that's all. A few of the bands you listed I haven't heard yet (only heard of) - I'll definitely check them out. I saw Behemoth and Lamb of God live a while back (I think opening for Slayer) - definitely quality bands.

dalhousie12
Veteran
Veteran

Location: A frozen baron wasteland, me and my friend tuk have to watch out for flying frozen hockey pucks Eh!

19 Jan 2008, 11:59 am

I enjoy hardcore:
Bleeding Through, Terror, Hatebreed, Walls of Jericho

and Metal:
Shadows Fall, It Dies Today, Throwdown, Atreyu, 2cents, Soilwork, In Flames, Killswitch Engage, Pantera, Bullet for my valentine, Avenged Sevenfold, Black Label Society, Fireball Ministry, Protest the Hero, Trivium, Metallica, A Perfect Murder, Black Sabbath, Darkest Hour, Down, Flaw, God Forbid, The Haunted, Heaven Shall Burn, Ill Nino, Meshuggah, Soil, System of a Down, Voivod, White Zombie, Iron Maiden, Lacuna Coil, Judas Priest, Rob Zombie, Wicked Wisdom, Disturbed, Arch Enemy, Dragonforce, 3 Inches of Blood, Cradle of Filth, Nightwish, Slipknot, Coal Chamber, Soulfly, Symphony X, Megadeth, The Confession

A lot of these bands do cross over into other genres but are still considered metal.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2008, 12:26 pm

Flagg wrote:
Tool is Techno Rock

Sorry yo but I can't get my head around on that one; not the fact that they aren't metal but the 'techno' metal aspect. Where are the loops and synthesizers?