don't forget the premiere of 24 is tonight!

Page 16 of 18 [ 285 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2007, 9:30 pm

i wonder i they could kill off milo and nadie...maybe a nice spontaneous combustion.

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2007, 10:17 pm

Yeah, kill off Milo...Nadia I don't mind except that she is taking away Chloe screentime, which is not cool. That little stunt CTU pulled was awesome. I had to watch it twice, mostly because I just loved the sound of the gunfire and the different rates of fire for each gun, and also how Jack kind of popped up like a wind-up toy.

And about Jack----Doyle summed it up nicely with his "Damn, Jack" comment after surveying the damage he did. That was awesome. And the evil Chinese Cheng! Marked for Death by Bauer in First Hour Cheng! He is going DOWN! I bet Daddy Bauer is in on this somehow.

And what is the deal with Palmer 2.0? Seriously, dude, you can't lead a country if you're dead, so just sit down and rule from a wheelchair. Seriously. FDR did it, and he's supposedly one of the greatest presidents in American history.

I think that if the next episodes are like this episode, then the season will pick up nicely. I was very happy with this episode.

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2007, 9:51 pm

President Palmer 2.0 loses it in front of the world. Oh, stupid Vice President Satan Incarnate. I really HATE him. Palmer is out of the season, I think. Terrible. It's a good thing Jack got his approval for his Special Ops Mission before Palmer's brain went on vacation.

Jack Bauer decides that he can die if it means his girlfriend lives---obviously he is hoping she will sacrifice herself and they can be together in heaven...

Chloe and Morris have a major fight involving national security (apparently, Morris thinks that Jack isn't God while Chloe knows better.)

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2007, 11:31 pm

i was just glad to see chloe again :D

i was wondering when palmer would collapse aaand down he goes.

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2007, 9:09 pm

Don't you just hate it when you order Chinese takeout and CTU agents come and shoot at your delivery boy?

And I always thought Bill would get canned for drinking on the job. I guess I was wrong.

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2007, 10:00 pm

Yeah, and also when your boss doesn't trust you even though you saved the United States five times previously.

And can I just say that I hate politics!

And Audrey---what is up with that?

And the nasty make-out session between Trigger-Happy President and his evil FemBot (Who is SOOOO the Russian spy.)

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2007, 10:05 pm

i really hope that the president dies...he annoys me.

BazzaMcKenzie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2007, 10:33 pm

werbert wrote:
Don't you just hate it when you order Chinese takeout and CTU agents come and shoot at your delivery boy?

And I always thought Bill would get canned for drinking on the job. I guess I was wrong.

Have you noticed how Chinese food has infiltrated the whole country? Its part of Red China's plan for world domination. The chinese will take over the world soon enough without us eating their food. That's why the delivery boy had to get shot. Well done.

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2007, 11:12 pm

I just saw Vegas Vacation and guess what! Nadia is in it. She sure grows up to get a cool job at CTU.

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2007, 9:29 am

BazzaMcKenzie wrote:
Have you noticed how Chinese food has infiltrated the whole country? Its part of Red China's plan for world domination. The chinese will take over the world soon enough without us eating their food. That's why the delivery boy had to get shot. Well done.
Did you know that a lot of "Chinese food" was actually created in America?

And have you ever wondered if Chinese people get sick of eating Chinese every night?

And how does Jack know about all these abandoned motels and non-camera-having highways when he's been out of the country for two years?

jimservo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2007, 10:49 am

Jack is going off the deep end. Actually it makes sense that he kinda lost it considering he in a held by the Chinese almost 24 hours ago. Wayne Power is a worse President then his brother, and that is saying alot (sorry, Jack). I wonder how Vice President Satan McEvil Pants will do. He seemed to suddenly become more of a realist when he he took over. We'll have to see.

EDIT: I'm starting to like President Horrible Man (Powers Booth). He's starting to grow on me. Part of that is was starting to find President ex-President David Palmer's brother kind of annoying. Let's hope they don't bring his sister back. What they heck happened to Logan? I guess he died.

I liked the fact that Audrey was all screwed up (not many people like her it seems, but I think she's OK), it kind of punishing Jack for his strategically foolish decision to try to use the plot advancer as a bargaining chip. There have been some complaints that "the old" Jack would never do this, but "the old" Jack lost his wife, an his friends, nearly lost Audrey (he wasn't willing to give her up before), and was tortured by the Chinese.

This isn't to say this season has been on par with the previous ones, however.

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2007, 12:23 pm

jimservo wrote:
Jack is going off the deep end. Actually it makes sense that he kinda lost it considering he in a held by the Chinese almost 24 hours ago.

I liked the fact that Audrey was all screwed up (not many people like her it seems, but I think she's OK), it kind of punishing Jack for his strategically foolish decision to try to use the plot advancer as a bargaining chip. There have been some complaints that "the old" Jack would never do this, but "the old" Jack lost his wife, an his friends, nearly lost Audrey (he wasn't willing to give her up before), and was tortured by the Chinese.

This isn't to say this season has been on par with the previous ones, however.

Good point. I never had anything against Audrey; in fact, I think she is a good thing. And I would probably be the same as her if I had been held in a prison. Jack is losing it. It's hard to believe it would have been otherwise. I think the show is finally starting to pick up speed. I think we're going to have more of Papa Bauer in the next four episodes...at least to tie up that thread.

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2007, 9:58 pm

Sucks to be you, Jack.

All in all, a good episode, but where is ol' Potatoface?

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2007, 9:53 am

Dude, this episode totally sucked. President Daniels would have made Shakespeare happy with his "lover spurned" routine---and did we really need ANOTHER make-out session? Poor Jack. Stupid Heller. I can't believe Heller is acting like that, considering (a) it wasn't Jack's fault, (b) Jack totally saved his life, and (c) Jack totally saved Audrey's life multiple times. I guess Heller would rather still have a DEAD daughter than one who is emotionally scarred but still alive.

Jack has nothing to live for now...

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2007, 3:12 pm

Yeah, was it really Jack's fault that his father, brother, and old boss were connected to a terrorist plot. And was it really his fault that the Drazens wanted revenge back in season 1, and that Stephen Saunders turned bad in Season 3.

Anyway, if Jack's cursed, how come Heller is still alive?

jimservo
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2007, 4:56 pm

For some reason I didn't mind the episode while I was watching it although it seems somewhat weaker now in retrospect.

After the ending of the last episode it would have been fun to keep the chase going but I guess...um... :? .

The uncovering of the leak was, in my opinion, very predictable. I thought it would be the generically hot blond and I was only slightly off. Since I expect to be surprised by 24 this is disappointing.

Unlike others I appear to be taking a liking to Vice President "Andy" from Red Dawn (Powers Booth). Again this largely because President David Palmer's little brother Wayne, who were all adored as a misbehaving prankster who broke the law and ended up getting people murdered, has much less stature then his big brother as an incompetent, bugling Commander in Chief.

At least his sister didn't show up though (although I liked Whalid).

The um...plot um...thing...with Audry coming back in uh...her state of mind...thing was... :roll: .

She comes back, OK. She's really screwed up. OK. They have to give her drugs that might kill her to make her normal. OK. Jack objects. OK, so he's screwed up too. But then Doyle backs Jack? What the heck?

Why is Doyle backing Jack? Okay, I guess earlier Jack "proved" himself "right" in TV-logic when Doyle interfered in his little adventure with the magic Russian nuclear chip (although if Jack never went in THE FIRST PLACE that situation wouldn't have occurred), and therefor Doyle is now "won over" to Jack's side.

Like Chloe. To be honest, this is something that is a bit annoying about 24. Chloe, OK, she's weird, so maybe she'll do what Jack tells her. Plus, in past seasons they did a more convincing job of having Jack win her over. But Doyle?. A big shot agent? Previously he has always followed the rules, the only case of bending them is declining to report some technical violating in regards to Milo (to bad because it would have been great to get him out of there). Is this regard he's the anti-Jack. Jack, in the past, has not been willing to let reports like that slide but boy has he been willing to "go rogue." I worry that Jack is starting to become like Captain Janeway in that we are suppose to view him almost some sort of idol character that is never wrong ever. This is something 24 really needs to avoid.

Jack's barracking himself with Audrey, and the sequence that followed I thought was anti-climatic. What really would have been dramatic is if she said nothing. Or if they barged in and shot Jack, and we had to wait till next week to find out that (of course) he survived. Or something really weird, like she attacks him. Instead, of course, she says something and the chase continues.

The end was a bit of a surprise, although not really a exciting surprise. Secretary of Defense Heller is a cool character from the past, although his survival in the last season was contrived. While his outburst to dramatic was not entirely unpredictable, it was well written, and perhaps the best material on the show. Not the usual way to an end episode but effective, none the less.

Other notes: I was happy when Morris refused to stay with Chloe. He needs to go away. I didn't dislike him at first, but this whole this whole "relationship" is screwing Chloe up, but then again I wonder where Chloe disappeared to...I hope nothing has happened to her (I don't know anything, don't spoil it!)

Nadia is so far looking good as head of CTU. Big shoes to fill, or well there were big shoes to fill before they paired Bill up with Frau Bill at the White House and made him less interesting.

Transition episode. Chinese are up to something! Next week looks more interesting.