Why do you desire to be in a romantic relationship?

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2013, 10:41 pm

V_for_Verbose wrote:
appletheclown wrote:
V_for_Verbose wrote:
I would like to know why, out of curiosity, do you desire a romantic relationship?

My answer: I want to have children. I want to be able to know that I can talk to someone about stuff that you would only talk to your wife about. I want to be able to know someone loves me as much as I love them. I want to be a great husband, loyal and always faithful. An aspie male/female in a successful relationship is a victory of its own. I want to be able to have that someone who appreciates my genius and is willing to weed through the nonsense and pull me and any good info out of my own head. I want to know I make someone happy. I want to be a good father. I want romance, infatuation, and sex. I want to know that I am what a woman wants, and no more of this feeling inadequate bullcrap.
I want to give the same satisfaction listed above to another, because I know it is a two way street, not a one way ticket to happiness.

That is why I want to be in a relationship.

All good reasons. Your answer is devoid of selfish ambitions to only satisfy your needs, and is more focused on making another person feel loved/happy. Very admirable indeed.

:) Much obliged.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

29 Apr 2013, 11:06 pm

appletheclown wrote:
V_for_Verbose wrote:
appletheclown wrote:
V_for_Verbose wrote:
I would like to know why, out of curiosity, do you desire a romantic relationship?

My answer: I want to have children. I want to be able to know that I can talk to someone about stuff that you would only talk to your wife about. I want to be able to know someone loves me as much as I love them. I want to be a great husband, loyal and always faithful. An aspie male/female in a successful relationship is a victory of its own. I want to be able to have that someone who appreciates my genius and is willing to weed through the nonsense and pull me and any good info out of my own head. I want to know I make someone happy. I want to be a good father. I want romance, infatuation, and sex. I want to know that I am what a woman wants, and no more of this feeling inadequate bullcrap.
I want to give the same satisfaction listed above to another, because I know it is a two way street, not a one way ticket to happiness.

All good reasons. Your answer is devoid of selfish ambitions to only satisfy your needs, and is more focused on making another person feel loved/happy. Very admirable indeed.

You sound like you will make a great catch for someone! 8) Plus, I like what you said about an aspie male/female relationship. I don't know if you meant specifically aspie/aspie or aspie male/nt female, but either way is good! That is what I have, btw. Aspie/aspie.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2013, 11:17 pm

Ad victorium, hoc primo victorium. (To victory, this first victory. Translated form Latin)

Last edited by appletheclown on 29 Apr 2013, 11:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2013, 11:26 pm

hartzofspace wrote:
appletheclown wrote:
V_for_Verbose wrote:
appletheclown wrote:
V_for_Verbose wrote:

You sound like you will make a great catch for someone! 8) Plus, I like what you said about an aspie male/female relationship. I don't know if you meant specifically aspie/aspie or aspie male/nt female, but either way is good! That is what I have, btw. Aspie/aspie.

Again, much obliged. I mean an aspie in any successful marriage whether with another aspie or not. In truth a lifelong marriage is a treasure to this country's future. It is vital to a child's development that both parents, a mother and father, raise them and nurture their learning experience. The splitting pain of a divorce is especially hard on autistic and asd children, as I have lived this hardship my entire life, my parents never being married in my earliest of memories. We all have choices to make, and we need to make them carefully, especially us men, who lately have been messing up on being a father. This is always under-reported, and women plastered all over the news when they mess up, when they are already traumatized for what they have done, mentally mostly, yet sometimes they have also been abused themselves. It hurts me inside when these things happen, seeing my father drunk on occasion drives it home, never something you want to remember someone who you know truly loves you by.

Pabalebo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Apr 2013, 12:38 am

Because I need to know that it's possible for another human to love me in a non-platonic way. Also, I consider sexual relationships to be my one area of real hardcore failure in life. Being that I don't really have any other weak areas that I care about, I want to eliminate this one. It's quite selfish, really, and is probably the reason I've been thus far unsuccessful.

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2013, 1:39 am

It's hard for me to describe why in words. So I'll let some song I guess describe why...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kC2UCM-1ST4[/youtube]