blunnet
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2013, 5:52 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
blunnet wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:
hartzofspace wrote:
IMO, this man has been badly burned and that is the sole reason for his speech. He lacks positive marriage experience, and therefore is seeking to open a school for misogynists

I know nothing about this man, but he seems more of a gynophobe than a full-blown misogynist.

well, in the land of political correctness..... gynophobe=misogynist, so the comparison becomes pretty much useless.

A gynophobe fears women. A misogynist hates women. One can fear women without hating them, and one can hate women without fearing them.

I don't think that Mr. What's-his-name hates women, but he definitely fears them.

I know that, just that the term misogynist has been bastardized to mean more than dispising women, so is used conveniently (ie: "advertising using female models is misoginistic because it portays women as sex objects" and so on) , and I expect few women (specially from english-speaking countries) questioning the term gynophobia and think of it as "misoginy disguised" . Yeah, perhaps I come up a bit pessimistic here, but women (and men) are prone to stupidity.