Men, Math and Marriage--arguments against marriage

Page 11 of 12 [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2013, 7:02 pm

I was married for twenty years,I don't ever intent to marry again.I like my maiden name,took it back after the divorce.I intend to keep it.

AnonymousGIrl
Raven
Raven

09 May 2013, 7:21 pm

DialAForAwesome wrote:
It's a sarcastic answer to his post, thus the :? emoticon.
I thought that was the confused emoticon. Hmm that may be why appletheclown took my comments as sarcasm then confusion.

I'd like there to be equality, but the truth of the matter is, it won't happen.
Not as long as you got feminists and MRAs running around.
Egh I think even if feminists and MRAs weren't around equality wouldn't happen. Feminists and MRAs weren't around in the past yet still no equality. I think it may just be human dynamics to have one group dominate.

It certainly doesn't help that there's a "RARGH CRUSH THE MAN-MALE" attitude that's slowly seeping into our society.
To me that attitude could help as perhaps suffering under such an attitude will help acknowledge the need for equality. I find when others have the same problem they're more willing to help fix the problem.

I could understand if the men who were actual misogynists were the ones who suffered, but it's often the good guys who respect women that get dragged into the whole thing. And if a man points out misandry, it's simply tucked away because "women have everything soooooo much harder." For people who talk about not believing in gender roles (aspies), it's sure hypocritical to tell men that they have to suck up whatever happens to them. That is sexist in and of itself.
Different experiences as I've known guys who were actual misogynists that were the ones suffering their suffering being incel (involuntarily celibacy) or having a difficult time getting dates or a relationship and the good guys who respect gals rarely suffer. The only good guys who respects gals I've seen suffering is a misogynist with cognitive disassociation who thinks he's a good guy because he doesn't rape/beat/murder gals even though he could and should. It was quite 8O to me on one account to see many guys insisting they were good guys that gals just kept passing over for jerks while stating gals deserved to be raped, are flesh portals to hell, should be used and abused, are snakes with tits, and etc. It was freaky to the point where I will likely never attend a comic book convention that is not all-female. Care to share your experiences?

I think Fnord put it best in another thread:
Fnord wrote:
Multi-page threads exist wherein post after post seems to reinforce the idea that only misogyny is real, and that claims of misandry are just the selfish whining of spineless males who refuse to grow up and act like mature adults. Women are encouraged to elaborate on their troubles, while men are told to "just drop it".

Both sides have it very hard, just in different ways. But it seems like the more that that particular fact is mentioned, the more ire it brings. In fact it brings more ire than simply making a misogynist comment. It just makes no logical sense. :?
It makes sense to me as a defense mechanism from acknowledging that there are scenarios in which one group's needs are addressed and one groups aren't. No different than I understand it's a defense mechanism that tends to keep most guys in my experience from acknowledging misogyny such as being more upset at the response to misogyny than misogyny itself because acknowledging it would mean having to address it and doing such makes them butthurt.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2013, 7:52 pm

AnonymousGIrl wrote:
appletheclown wrote:
I don't even know what the hell misandric means. Not only that, let's get back to the drawing board.
Misandric means pertaining to the hatred of men.

You assumed ArriantParriah has an opinion of guys that they should be violent and abusive, which is horses**t.
I assumed ArriantParriah had this opinion due to this exchange:
ArrantPariah: I think that Feminism isn't so much about "gals should stay away from guys" as "gals should go to work and undo millions of years of evolution that make men what they are", and that gals should have legal, moral, and other advantages over men.
Me: Your thought process seems to be quite misandrist as feminists have worked to undo rape, domestic violence, and sexual harassment so if those things make men what they are...yeah that's quite an opinion of guys.
ArrantParriah: But, you seem to have made my point: Feminism is about changing men

You see no faults in what you said because it is true, and 'assume' that we mean the extreme of what we say such as, "guys do TOOOO" means that we think guys have it ohhh sooooooo touuuugggghhhhhh...........
You then after saying something like this, tell us you never said guys don't have it tough when you were obviously being a sarcastic prick, which deserves me to be a jerk to you.
I wasn't being sarcastic so I guess that means I don't deserve you being a jerk to me.

You then disregard anything anybody has to add to the disscusion, and assume your arguement is flawless, even though most aspies don't understand sarcasm, and it usually pisses them off, as said by almost everyone else.
I didn't disregard anything anybody had to add in fact I addressed them. If anything others disregarded my argument adding in mocking, insults, name calling, and accusations. I wasn't being sarcastic so there is no sarcasm on my part to be pissed off at.

You also bullied arriantparriah, and pretended that he was and abussive jerk, when he is probably a shy nice guy who enjoys asian ladies
You also make it a point to belittle others by making them feel guilty in anything they say that goes against your argument whether it is true or not
I didn't bully ArriantParriah nor did I pretend he was an abusive jerk I stated it's a possibility no different than you stating he is probably a shy nice guy. I haven't bullied anyone nor made anyone feel guilty in anything they say against my argument if anything that yours and BlueMax's tactic as recall your first post to me was either I have your opinion or I'm a dumbass.

You also completely ignored Trion's story, that he went through horrible abusive sh**, and it was never brought to justice, and that the person respnsible was a woman, and then acted like a heartless narcisist and argued with him again, bilittling everything he said in his next post
It's not being a heartless narcissist or arguing to state that only 2 out of 7 of the sources he listed actually say what he claims. Him being abused doesn't give him a free pass on making false claims.

Are you happy now, I bet not, so I'm not going to talk to you any more.
Actually I'm quite happy and for not talking to me anymore I won a certain bet with my sorority sisters

Really this is bullying and making him feel guilty? LMFAO XD :)
AnonymousGIrl wrote:
Tyrion wrote:
At least some of them support it. Yes, I have read the study in the past when it came out. I just thought it was common knowledge and didn't want to (1) dig it up and (2) parse it once again. Anyway, if you read what I wrote, you wouldn't be so nitpicky about it. All I'm trying to say is that it's unfair to blame cheating primarily on men. As you have seen, at least some surveys indicate that women are as likely, or more likely, to cheat.

Different opinions as 2 out of 7 is not what I call some. It's not being 'so nitpicky' to state the almost all the studies you're claiming show gals are more likely or as likely to cheat don't state such. No different than someone is saying a house is yellow and it's blue it's not 'so nitpicky' to tell them it's not yellow but blue.

No one was blaming cheating primarily on guys saying gals having more rights than in the past means they don't have to put up with a cheating husband like in the past is not blaming cheating primarily on guys. Do tell where does this blame cheating primarily on guys rather than explaining a possibility that divorce rates are higher because of gals increasing financial freedom meaning not having to stay in an unfortunate relationship?
"In addition, maybe the divorce rates are higher since women have more rights than to put up with a husband who cheats(In the past they would just keep quiet since they were financially dependent). "

DID I HEAR SORORITY.........?

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2013, 8:04 pm

appletheclown wrote:
AnonymousGIrl wrote:
appletheclown wrote:
I don't even know what the hell misandric means. Not only that, let's get back to the drawing board.

You assumed ArriantParriah has an opinion of guys that they should be violent and abusive, which is horses**t.
ArrantPariah: I think that Feminism isn't so much about "gals should stay away from guys" as "gals should go to work and undo millions of years of evolution that make men what they are", and that gals should have legal, moral, and other advantages over men.
Me: Your thought process seems to be quite misandrist as feminists have worked to undo rape, domestic violence, and sexual harassment so if those things make men what they are...yeah that's quite an opinion of guys.
ArrantParriah: But, you seem to have made my point: Feminism is about changing men

You see no faults in what you said because it is true, and 'assume' that we mean the extreme of what we say such as, "guys do TOOOO" means that we think guys have it ohhh sooooooo touuuugggghhhhhh...........
You then after saying something like this, tell us you never said guys don't have it tough when you were obviously being a sarcastic prick, which deserves me to be a jerk to you.
I wasn't being sarcastic so I guess that means I don't deserve you being a jerk to me.

You then disregard anything anybody has to add to the disscusion, and assume your arguement is flawless, even though most aspies don't understand sarcasm, and it usually pisses them off, as said by almost everyone else.
I didn't disregard anything anybody had to add in fact I addressed them. If anything others disregarded my argument adding in mocking, insults, name calling, and accusations. I wasn't being sarcastic so there is no sarcasm on my part to be pissed off at.

You also bullied arriantparriah, and pretended that he was and abussive jerk, when he is probably a shy nice guy who enjoys asian ladies
You also make it a point to belittle others by making them feel guilty in anything they say that goes against your argument whether it is true or not
I didn't bully ArriantParriah nor did I pretend he was an abusive jerk I stated it's a possibility no different than you stating he is probably a shy nice guy. I haven't bullied anyone nor made anyone feel guilty in anything they say against my argument if anything that yours and BlueMax's tactic as recall your first post to me was either I have your opinion or I'm a dumbass.

You also completely ignored Trion's story, that he went through horrible abusive sh**, and it was never brought to justice, and that the person respnsible was a woman, and then acted like a heartless narcisist and argued with him again, bilittling everything he said in his next post
It's not being a heartless narcissist or arguing to state that only 2 out of 7 of the sources he listed actually say what he claims. Him being abused doesn't give him a free pass on making false claims.

Actually I'm quite happy and for not talking to me anymore I won a certain bet with my sorority sisters

AnonymousGIrl wrote:
Tyrion wrote:
At least some of them support it. Yes, I have read the study in the past when it came out. I just thought it was common knowledge and didn't want to (1) dig it up and (2) parse it once again. Anyway, if you read what I wrote, you wouldn't be so nitpicky about it. All I'm trying to say is that it's unfair to blame cheating primarily on men. As you have seen, at least some surveys indicate that women are as likely, or more likely, to cheat.

Different opinions as 2 out of 7 is not what I call some. It's not being 'so nitpicky' to state the almost all the studies you're claiming show gals are more likely or as likely to cheat don't state such. No different than someone is saying a house is yellow and it's blue it's not 'so nitpicky' to tell them it's not yellow but blue.

No one was blaming cheating primarily on guys saying gals having more rights than in the past means they don't have to put up with a cheating husband like in the past is not blaming cheating primarily on guys. Do tell where does this blame cheating primarily on guys rather than explaining a possibility that divorce rates are higher because of gals increasing financial freedom meaning not having to stay in an unfortunate relationship?
"In addition, maybe the divorce rates are higher since women have more rights than to put up with a husband who cheats(In the past they would just keep quiet since they were financially dependent). "

Now I can bag on your sorority, and how it fails to realize WHO THE HELL I AM! I am the guy who can fit in with anyone, as a matter of fact I hung out with the sororities and fraternities to study, they were cool dudes and girls, just not yours. RA's, yep hung out with them, boozers yep, CA's yep, President of the university yep, professors yep, campus sec yep, janitors yep, I was pretty damn popular, and I dropped out, still have my ra's cell, my friends cell whom I skype with, and tweet everyone there too. Whoah, don't get all upset, this is my game now, MUAHAIUHAHHAUAIAHAIBVNOEJBVPEI!! !! !

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2013, 8:07 pm

appletheclown wrote:
appletheclown wrote:
AnonymousGIrl wrote:
appletheclown wrote:

AnonymousGIrl wrote:
Tyrion wrote:

Now I can bag on your sorority, and how it fails to realize WHO THE HELL I AM! I am the guy who can fit in with anyone, as a matter of fact I hung out with the sororities and fraternities to study, they were cool dudes and girls, just not yours. RA's, yep hung out with them, boozers yep, CA's yep, President of the university yep, professors yep, campus sec yep, janitors yep, I was pretty damn popular, and I dropped out, still have my ra's cell, my friends cell whom I skype with, and tweet everyone there too. Whoah, don't get all upset, this is my game now, MUAHAIUHAHHAUAIAHAIBVNOEJBVPEI!! !! !

You couldn't beat us in hocky if you tried, muahaahahaaah! LSSU beats U of MI and MI state in hockey almost everytime.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2013, 8:14 pm

[img][800:1800]http://cornerpieces.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Hockey_LSSU.jpg[/img]

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2013, 8:30 pm

AnonymousGIrl wrote:
DialAForAwesome wrote:
It's a sarcastic answer to his post, thus the :? emoticon.
I thought that was the confused emoticon. Hmm that may be why appletheclown took my comments as sarcasm then confusion.

I'd like there to be equality, but the truth of the matter is, it won't happen.
Not as long as you got feminists and MRAs running around.
Egh I think even if feminists and MRAs weren't around equality wouldn't happen. Feminists and MRAs weren't around in the past yet still no equality. I think it may just be human dynamics to have one group dominate.

It certainly doesn't help that there's a "RARGH CRUSH THE MAN-MALE" attitude that's slowly seeping into our society.
To me that attitude could help as perhaps suffering under such an attitude will help acknowledge the need for equality. I find when others have the same problem they're more willing to help fix the problem.

I could understand if the men who were actual misogynists were the ones who suffered, but it's often the good guys who respect women that get dragged into the whole thing. And if a man points out misandry, it's simply tucked away because "women have everything soooooo much harder." For people who talk about not believing in gender roles (aspies), it's sure hypocritical to tell men that they have to suck up whatever happens to them. That is sexist in and of itself.
Different experiences as I've known guys who were actual misogynists that were the ones suffering their suffering being incel (involuntarily celibacy) or having a difficult time getting dates or a relationship and the good guys who respect gals rarely suffer. The only good guys who respects gals I've seen suffering is a misogynist with cognitive disassociation who thinks he's a good guy because he doesn't rape/beat/murder gals even though he could and should. It was quite 8O to me on one account to see many guys insisting they were good guys that gals just kept passing over for jerks while stating gals deserved to be raped, are flesh portals to hell, should be used and abused, are snakes with tits, and etc. It was freaky to the point where I will likely never attend a comic book convention that is not all-female. Care to share your experiences?

I think Fnord put it best in another thread:
Fnord wrote:
Multi-page threads exist wherein post after post seems to reinforce the idea that only misogyny is real, and that claims of misandry are just the selfish whining of spineless males who refuse to grow up and act like mature adults. Women are encouraged to elaborate on their troubles, while men are told to "just drop it".

Both sides have it very hard, just in different ways. But it seems like the more that that particular fact is mentioned, the more ire it brings. In fact it brings more ire than simply making a misogynist comment. It just makes no logical sense. :?
It makes sense to me as a defense mechanism from acknowledging that there are scenarios in which one group's needs are addressed and one groups aren't. No different than I understand it's a defense mechanism that tends to keep most guys in my experience from acknowledging misogyny such as being more upset at the response to misogyny than misogyny itself because acknowledging it would mean having to address it and doing such makes them butthurt.

WTH is mysogyny ogony ogger waggyy? WTF? use words that make sense. Please you have yet to point out the areas we do agree on.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2013, 8:31 pm

You can win your little bet, proves why you were being a crazy jerk.

blunnet
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2013, 11:32 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
hartzofspace wrote:
IMO, this man has been badly burned and that is the sole reason for his speech. He lacks positive marriage experience, and therefore is seeking to open a school for misogynists

I know nothing about this man, but he seems more of a gynophobe than a full-blown misogynist.

well, in the land of political correctness..... gynophobe=misogynist, so the comparison becomes pretty much useless.

As for marriage, meh........ I know I won't ever get married so I don't care for people who speak for it or against it, one thing is that you have to put up with things that you won't like about your partner, and I can can say that is a fact that after getting married, you get to know your partner they way he or she really is, and not when people pretend to be more than they are in order to initiate a relationship, that and because I dispise other people's issues, I rather not get married, that is good enough for me.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2013, 4:17 pm

blunnet wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:
hartzofspace wrote:
IMO, this man has been badly burned and that is the sole reason for his speech. He lacks positive marriage experience, and therefore is seeking to open a school for misogynists

I know nothing about this man, but he seems more of a gynophobe than a full-blown misogynist.

well, in the land of political correctness..... gynophobe=misogynist, so the comparison becomes pretty much useless.

A gynophobe fears women. A misogynist hates women. One can fear women without hating them, and one can hate women without fearing them.

I don't think that Mr. What's-his-name hates women, but he definitely fears them.

DialAForAwesome
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2013, 5:41 pm

A gynophobe is pretty much what I am these days.

I respect women well enough to keep the hell away from them! :idea:

blunnet
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2013, 5:52 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
blunnet wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:
hartzofspace wrote:

A gynophobe fears women. A misogynist hates women. One can fear women without hating them, and one can hate women without fearing them.

I don't think that Mr. What's-his-name hates women, but he definitely fears them.

I know that, just that the term misogynist has been bastardized to mean more than dispising women, so is used conveniently (ie: "advertising using female models is misoginistic because it portays women as sex objects" and so on) , and I expect few women (specially from english-speaking countries) questioning the term gynophobia and think of it as "misoginy disguised" . Yeah, perhaps I come up a bit pessimistic here, but women (and men) are prone to stupidity.