Am I above average looking, just average or ugly?

Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2013, 9:04 pm

To me you look of average attractiveness in the 1st and 3rd photos and of above average attractiveness in the 2nd photo

The main problem is that you aren't smiling in any of the photos and look anxious/not self-assured/stressed out in the photos

Marcia
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2013, 9:22 pm

I agree with others that there's nothing wrong with your looks. A smile may help, but for me the most off-putting and distracting element, certainly in the first two photos, is the background. Photos in an uncluttered space, ideally a living room or similar would look much better.

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2013, 11:34 pm

nessa238 wrote:
To me you look of average attractiveness in the 1st and 3rd photos and of above average attractiveness in the 2nd photo

The main problem is that you aren't smiling in any of the photos and look anxious/not self-assured/stressed out in the photos

Which is typical of Asperger's.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2013, 3:29 am

In the third one you look like you're turning away sulkily. The second one isn't much better. If you use those pictures on dating sites, people will think you don't want to talk to them.

You aren't ugly, though.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2013, 3:54 am

I think you are good looking. Although you either look angry in those pictures or like you are trying to look hard. I honestly don't think any dating problems you are having are because of looks. You seem to come across, at least on here, as just very bitter. That tends to push people away. Yes, being passed over time and time again can make you feel bitter and not at all kind toward most girls but acting like it wont get you any dates and it will just make the problem worse.

Why not start seeing women as individuals rather than just part of the female borg collective? You may meet a girl who would be great for you but you might see her as just another girl who is like the rest of the girls have been to you and treat her like that and lose your chance.

I understand what it's like to be down on yourself, I really do. I do not think I am nice looking at all and never have, but at my age now I guess I'm content with what I've got. So, I do understand how you constantly see better looking people, because I do too. All the time.

When you meet a girl and you go into it with the attitude of "She wouldn't want me if she could have better" or "She doesn't want me, she will dump me" or even "She is just stringing me along until somebody better comes along" you basically shoot yourself in the foot. While you may be angry at the female race in general because of a lack of luck in your love life so far, not seeing each girl as an individual with different tastes and preferences and personalities is just going to keep you from having any luck from now on. You seem to generalize too much. You seem to do it all the time in the threads you create about how women must want somebody else completely different. That kind of attitude, even coming from Johnny Depp, would make any girl turn around and walk the other way.

You look fine. There is nothing wrong with your looks. Work on attitude, that's my advice.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2013, 4:31 am

Can't be bothered trying to help this guy. lol

Last edited by MR_BOGAN on 06 May 2013, 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Popsicle
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2013, 8:59 am

I would say you are above average looking.

I didn't like the first two photos. Reasons why? They are selfies. Selfies give the impression you have no friends.

(Selfie = photo taken of yourself, by yourself)

Also in the first two photos the angle of your head and where your eyes are pointed makes you look a bit cross eyed. Also don't furrow your brow. The line (between eyebrows) isn't attractive in a photo. Your facial expression seems uncertain or annoyed in the first two photos.

In the third photo you seem much more relaxed and it is not a selfie. Also it's outdoors not in your closet. A closet is a strange context for a photo. Unless you want to show someone your closet, try to have a more pleasant backdrop. In this case the closet is even messy. Doesn't make a great impression. You want to make the best impression you can while being truthful about your appearance.

If I had to choose one of those three I would choose the third. I think it would be better if you also had at least one photo in which you looked at the camera and looked more contented somehow.

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2013, 9:09 am

I'd say the 3rd photo is the least good

It looks like you're irritated about something and giving someone a dirty look

You look less well-groomed than in the first 2 photos but more down to earth so it all depends on the image you want
to present

Popsicle
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2013, 9:17 am

Maybe take a new photo, outdoors, looking relaxed, similar to the third but with better clothes and better grooming. Look directly into the camera if you can. Think about something you like while the photo is being taken. Or have the person make you laugh.

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2013, 9:29 am

Could we possibly see what you've put on your profile as well so we can see the overall impression you are giving
to people

Hannah89
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 May 2013, 8:07 am

I would say your photos need to be more causal and less posed. Seeing a man looking like he's having fun is attractive.

revolutionarygirl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 May 2013, 9:26 am

You aren't ugly. Post some better pics and drop the bitter attitude towards women. We are not all mindless drones. I had a dating website profile for years and if I received a message from a guy who gave me an inkling of a chauvinistic attitude or bitterness, I wouldn't answer him back. And women are bombarded with messages on that site, I know I got 20+ some days (and I'm not even that attractive). Normally, I'd only pick one to answer back. Be positive and try to post a pic with a smile! It's frustrating but maybe with a different approach, you'll get some replies :)

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2013, 9:38 am

I´d say you are average until a bit above average. (To be sure, because my english is bad: I mean the good side.) If you use these photos for dating/first contact, I´d maybe avoid the sloppy T-Shirt and change it against one with a message you like or a normal shirt or anything. Its not as if it was bad, but its the only thing that gives me a idea of what you could do better. :)

Normalbutbetter
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 May 2013, 10:15 am

See my wikibook "Online_dating"
As others suggested, you also need a three pronged attack on pics, messages and profile.

AnonymousGIrl
Raven
Raven

06 May 2013, 9:42 pm

To me you're slightly below average looking however in my opinion guys have vastly lower beauty standards to meet than gals so likely society wise you're average looking or above average looking.

My advice would be to lose weight and build muscle as you look a bit flabby, get a hairstyle that suits your face shape, and improve your dress sense.

AldousH
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 May 2013, 1:55 am

You're a little above avarege looking. Just drop the frown - most girls hate that.