Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

velocirapture
Raven
Raven

09 May 2013, 10:44 am

Last night, my husband took a picture of me on his phone when I was watching TV. He showed it to me and asked, "What are you doing with your face?"

How embarrassing! I thought I "outgrew" my facial tics. Apparently not, or if I did, they have returned.

It is upsetting to me that I might be sitting around all the time, making faces but never realizing it. That photo looked quite bizarre. I imagine somebody might be disturbed by it if they saw me making that face at the grocery store or in the park. :oops:

Is there anything I can do about this? Does anybody have tips for increasing one's awareness of what one is doing with one's face? Maybe not, but I am not sure who else I could possibly ask about this.

catwhisperer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 May 2013, 11:56 am

I try to practice relaxing my facial muscles when I can. I sometimes randomly check in mirrors to see how I'm doing. I've been working on it for years, but I still have trouble in conversation. Its tough and taking your pic while you're talking on the phone isn't really fair. One of the good things about talking on the phone is they can't see us. Down with those people who created skype and web cams. :wink: conversations are complicated enough with choice of words, tone of voice, volume, and knowing when to speak.