Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

24 May 2013, 8:37 am

A "fix post" - until it was made this thread didn't appear on the forum index and although a page two was shown, it wasn't accessible.

Vectorspace
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2013, 5:24 pm

Thanks.

For me, coffee apparently doesn't help. I drank two cups today, and I didn't really feel an effect. The taste is still disgusting to me, and it has some side effects on my digestion.

MrStewart
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2013, 6:42 pm

I require caffeine to function. I am aware that I have a chemical dependency to it. But I also know what I was like when I did not use stimulants like sugar and caffeine. I don't have enough energy to do a full day of work without caffeine.

Loyd16
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Jun 2013, 1:34 am

I think yes but then drinking too much of it is still bad.

TornadoEvil
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2013, 12:04 am

Coffee tends to make me dehydrated. I would say half the placebo effect would probably be from having a new experience. I try to keep it to one to two cups a day. Though currently, I am up all night and sleeping most of the day so I really need to watch when I consume caffeine. And there is definitely differences in coffee taste and acidity depending on how its prepared and what kind it is, age, ect. My dad's tends to be scheiss.

Gazelle
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2013, 12:15 am

Usually I drink one cup of coffee per day with one coffee creamer. Sometimes I may have a diet cola in the afternoon, but it is not that often. I find that I avoid caffeine after lunch most days since I sometimes I have trouble going to sleep if I have tea or coffee then. :coffee:

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2013, 10:52 am

nope

Vectorspace
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2013, 11:14 am

So... I noticed that it makes me more awake in the morning, and with enormous amounts of milk and sugar, I can even stand the taste.
But when I'm worn out, it doesn't improve anything.

Vectorspace
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2013, 6:04 pm

Update: I confirm that coffee doesn't "push" me, as other people report. Well, it does, slightly, but that's probably more the sugar than the caffeine. My motor function isn't influenced at all.

But apparently, coffee affects my mood in a positive way. It doesn't fix tiredness, but at least I don't get a headache from it any more. It doesn't boost my brain activity, but it makes me worry less about irrelevant things, so it indirectly helps me focus.

Some people describe that coffee turns them into a "zombie". I think this applies to me a bit. As a zombie, I do what needs to be done. As a human, I keep pondering about my life, which doesn't lead anywhere.