Why many people think asperger is disease

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2013, 12:47 pm

I really like read articles about Neurology, Psychology and Psychiatry.

I thinking about starting study psychology someday

When i was kid i was wrongly diagnosed as ADHD i destroying everything because i wanted to look like something look inside,

I dissembled my older brother toy electric train set to tiny part because i wanted to knew how it look inside :D

I was stopped to be hyperactive when i was about 9-10 years old., and i become very withdrawn character instead,
that's when doctors began to suspect that I have some type of autism, but I grew up in a normal human, a bit eccentric and geeky :D

I read that the doctor stuff drugs to children with suspected ADHD, it's good that when I was little there was of such drugs.

Although I do not have ADHD, I do not know why doctors use pharmaceuticals for ADHD or Asperger.
Somehow, no one will try to treat gays and Lesbians from homosexuality.

ADHD or Asperger's no fun, support is needed, but in my opinion they are not "diseases" that require stuffing with pharmaceuticals.

I do not take any drugs except sleeping pills, antidepressants during the winter and allergy medicines

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2013, 5:49 pm

pawelk1986 wrote:
I really like read articles about Neurology, Psychology and Psychiatry. I thinking about starting study psychology someday. When i was kid i was wrongly diagnosed as ADHD i destroying everything because i wanted to look like something look inside, I dissembled my older brother toy electric train set to tiny part because i wanted to knew how it look inside :D

I did things like that, destroying toys [tearing 'em apart] so I could see their innards and try to figure out how they worked. I remember once my mother made my older brother let me "borrow" his camera that was his birthday present, and I promptly tore it apart and threw it in a mud puddle. he wasn't too happy about that. :oops: as far as studying head shrinking stuff, I thought when I was younger and dumber that I myself could actually practice as a social worker or such, only to find out I was woefully untalented in that department, after 2 wasted years in college.

pawelk1986 wrote:
Although I do not have ADHD, I do not know why doctors use pharmaceuticals for ADHD or Asperger.

to treat dysfunctional symptoms of such so the kids involved can better live their lives in terms of getting through the day and getting through school in one piece, with some accomplishments under their belt as a side benefit. better living through chemistry, as they say.
pawelk1986 wrote:
Somehow, no one will try to treat gays and Lesbians from homosexuality.

because, since DSM-III, those were declassified as diseases.

pawelk1986 wrote:
ADHD or Asperger's no fun, support is needed, but in my opinion they are not "diseases" that require stuffing with pharmaceuticals.

I can tell you that in my case, a script for Strattera [Atomoxetine generic] was just what the good pdoc ordered, it made me feel "normal" for the first time in my life. :D