I am a german and got bored in my own messageboard.

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Paukipaul
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 May 2013, 12:14 pm

Hi there,

i am on the waiting list for AS diagnosis. I am on a german messageboard about autism and stuff, but it is a bit narrowminded and slow.

so i am here to see what is going on international.

i am 29 and currently working as a construction helper. I like languages and judas priest and alice cooper.

bye!

paul.

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2013, 12:35 pm

Hello and welcome Paul.
We had another German join just the other day.
Iam half Prussian, maybe if you hear of any Prussian decendant events going on in Germany, you would be kind enough to let me know please?

Paukipaul
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 May 2013, 2:55 pm

i will kindly inform thou of such peculiar events in those hither hills of mine when it is the wish of my honourable kaiser.

as his proud herald, i hereby greet my amerikanisch bethren with my most affactionate words and most generous gestures, my kaiser hopes to be embraced warmly by his preussian halfings in their thoughts.

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2013, 3:35 pm

Paukipaul wrote:
i will kindly inform thou of such peculiar events in those hither hills of mine when it is the wish of my honourable kaiser.

as his proud herald, i hereby greet my amerikanisch bethren with my most affactionate words and most generous gestures, my kaiser hopes to be embraced warmly by his preussian halfings in their thoughts.

Thank you, (I think), though I should point out the other half of me is English rather than American.

Twolf
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 May 2013, 6:13 pm

Hi Paul, welcome to Wrong Planet.

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2013, 3:13 am

Serwas, Pauli. :)

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2013, 8:07 am

Welcome :)

Paukipaul
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 May 2013, 2:30 pm

oh, sorry, i was just making a joke, I naturally greet englishers as well as any other countrys ;-)

Si_82
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2013, 7:26 pm

Hi and welcome! :)

I approve of your taste in music - I came very very close to playing Poison on guitar at my wedding. Went with Back In Black in the end.

I hope we prove less narrowminded over here.

Si

Alexithymia: 137

Paukipaul
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Dec 2014, 12:13 pm

I got diagnosed as being on the spectrum a while ago. Still, I have to wait for the written, official statement to be issued; bureaucracy stuff.

Usually, you don't pay for stuff like this in germany, as health insurance is mandatory. But You wait and wait and wait for stuff to happen.

KAOS
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Dec 2014, 1:02 pm

Tach, Paul! Wie geht's? :wink:

I'm also new here and German.
Wrongplanet simply has a much bigger community than all German AS boards, so I preferred to sign up here. Though here I have the disadvantage that I find it rather hard to express everything I want to say in English and I worry a lot about bad style and weird expressions in my posts. (Actually, I think this might count as a symptom - I've always been a spelling and grammar nazi since I learned how to write, and it only got better during the last years, after I finally understood it's not nice to always correct other people's mistakes. :wink: So it's hard for me to accept my English is not nearly as perfect as my German.)

Xanthic~Rain
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Dec 2014, 1:32 pm

I would love to learn German! I've tried teaching myself, but I'm not so good at it (Deutsch ist sehr schwer zu lernen.) I'm proud to have a Germanic language as my mother-tongue, and I'd like to get back to my linguistic roots. Can you guys give me tips on speaking German? My biggest problems (besides memorization) is conjugation and syntax. Maybe we could practice messaging each other in German?

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2014, 1:51 pm

Hey Paul welcome. :sunny:

Paukipaul
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Dec 2014, 2:39 pm

Thanks for U all.

The german messageboards are indeed a little less crowded, and IMHO more backwards, knowledge-wise. More sticks in people's bums.

For learning Deutsch:

Somebody open up a fun topic "learn german with germans", I'll be aboard.

alex
Developer
Developer

10 Dec 2014, 2:40 pm

Welcome! 8)

Nightingale121
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2014, 10:43 am

For all of you who want to practice German: In the foreign language section there is a thread in German:
viewtopic.php?t=11946

KAOS, I worry also about that, but it gets better. And about correcting other peoples´mistakes: It is hard for me not to do it all the time, but I try to avoid it since I know some people don´t like it.

I am from Germany, by the way.