Do Some Nationalities Seem Easier to Talk to?

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

zacb
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2013, 8:52 pm

For me, Asians (Indonesia, Philippines, and China) and Mexico seem to come easy. I don't know why, but I find them to be easier to talk to than the average American girl online. I can tease them, and they don't care, and tend to play along more easier. I am not trying to b***h about a nationality, but just something I have found. Have you found this?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2013, 9:12 pm

I lack the flirting genes, but in general conversation I default to the commonwealth nations because of the common language.

Thelibrarian
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2013, 9:18 pm

zacb wrote:
For me, Asians (Indonesia, Philippines, and China) and Mexico seem to come easy. I don't know why, but I find them to be easier to talk to than the average American girl online. I can tease them, and they don't care, and tend to play along more easier. I am not trying to b***h about a nationality, but just something I have found. Have you found this?

I too find Hispanics particularly easy to get along with, though I don't know any Asians.

I recall reading in college that after WWII, the Japanese became fanatical about baseball. A particular treat for the Japanese was when a professional US team would visit to play for the locals. Well, players didn't like playing in Japan at all. The reason was that the Japanese were much more quiet and subdued in their applause and encouragement. The American ball players perceived this as a seemingly tepid response as disapproval, and thought it indicated they weren't welcome. It's a complex thing.

jamieevren1210
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2013, 9:48 pm

I'm Asian and I will close the chat window if anyone tries to flirt.
I'm fine with almost anything else though.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2013, 10:11 pm

My wife is from the Philippines. Half of my co-workers are from Viet Nam. My physician is from Korea (South) and his nurse is from Thailand.

I get along better with them than with any person of African or European ancestry.

SaveTigers
Raven
Raven

08 Jun 2013, 10:57 pm

I find Ukrainians to be a warm and friendly people. I used to tutor ESL students, mostly Ukrainians.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2013, 12:17 am

I have found a high level of acceptance among groups deemed minorities (e.g., jewish, african-american) in the US.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

09 Jun 2013, 12:38 am

Black and Asian girls for sure.

Black girls are often more amenable to my style of over-the-top, antisocial humor as part of flirting. Asian girls bring out the quiet, shy, kind side of me, which mirrors them.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2013, 9:16 pm

I seem to get along great with those of East Asian descent as well as African descent. I still can't figure out why maybe because their cultures don't believe the BS that little eye contact means you are lying.

I was bullied severely in school but even though the scariest dudes were two black males they generally didn't have an issue with me and surprisingly never did a thing to me even though just about everyone was scared of them.

Meepasaur
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Jun 2013, 9:25 pm

I find Ukrainians and people of African descent easier to talk to.
People of similar European decent are the most difficult.
I have considered that those who have been oppressed in some way socially are easier to communicate with.

FrankiDelano
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Jun 2013, 4:40 pm

I have an easy time talking to girls (and just anyone) from Europe, and Russia. I think it's because I always want to know more about the culture an society of the countries they come from, and a female friend of mine from Russia finds my weirdness and interest in her country entertaining.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2013, 4:47 pm

Quote:
For me, Asians (Indonesia, Philippines, and China) and Mexico seem to come easy. I don't know why, but I find them to be easier to talk to than the average American girl online

Because a lot of them are interested in your green card.

WildTaltos
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2013, 6:05 pm

Most peple living where I live are Irish, andd I wouldnt really be interested in dating soemone who wasnt Irish. I dont get much oportunity to interact wth a whoel lot of other types of nationalities or races then; Ive traveled before, and maed some acquaintnces in other cuontries, and from my experince with othre people, I get along best wth Texans and southwestern Germans. I visited Texas years ago, so maybbe it has changed, but thy were soem of the friendliest and moost hospitalble people I ever met. The Germans I kno werent as open, more staid, but they aer still very hospitablle people and easy to talk to (if you know the languge). I also lieked Romanians, thuogh seems they may onl be very open if yuo have somone they alredy trust to introduce you, and yuo had to watch out for pickpockets. In general, northeastern and far westrn caucasian americans were probaly the most unfrindly people I have met.

vk2goh
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Jun 2013, 12:25 am

As a westernised Asian, I get along quite well with all nationalities, although I do admit sometimes I struggle to communicate well to people from more extraverted nationalities (e.g. Australia, England, Greece, Lebanon), mainly because I struggle to articulate my thoughts and feelings correctly.

IlovemyAspie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2013, 12:42 am

What if you are online an you didn't know the nationality of the other person. would that make a difference? I've only sent my pic to 3 people here. 2 of which remarked that they weren't expecting me to be what I am. :shrug: :shrug:

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2013, 3:47 am

I get along with other cultures better because they automatically excuse me for being an Afrikaner. They assume I should be different so I tend to get away with a lot :D Social mistakes, that is. But if I was to try that in my own culture I get ignored.