Yes 39%  39%  [ 24 ]
No 61%  61%  [ 37 ]
Total votes : 61

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

09 Jun 2013, 3:09 pm

Not a question if he will, or if he'd be convicted, or if Bush/previous presidents should be as well, or what if Joe Biden took over, just Obama. Should Barack Obama be impeached when considering all of the abuses he has presided over such as the NSA spying on a large portion of the American public, the DOJ targeting of whistleblowers, seizing of AP and other media records, the cover up at Benghazi, the political targeting of the IRS, the DOJ gun running to Mexican drug cartels, the illegal drone war that has killed thousands of civilians including Americans as well, there is SO much more it's hard to even remember all of it off hand but if you been paying attention you should know. God bless PFC Bradley Manning and Edward Snowden, they are courageous beyond words.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2013, 3:14 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yB3n9fu-rM&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

ModusPonens
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2013, 4:10 pm

I voted yes, but my yes applies to the recent predecessors.

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2013, 4:20 pm

Did Obama tell the IRS to target specific people/organizations?
Did Obama tell the NSA to spy on people, and if so was that illegal? What is the NSA supposed to be doing, if not spying on Americans?

I'm not sure if any of Obama's actions warrant impeachment.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2013, 7:12 pm

I voted 'No' only because "Impeachment" is over-rated. Only 19 out of 64 attempts (~29.7%) have resulted in the House passing articles of impeachment against anyone, and only two presidents have been "impeached" - in both cases (Andrew Johnson and William Clinton), the Senate failed to achieve the 2/3 majority necessary to remove them from office. 7 federal judges have been removed from office, however.

By the way, Richard Nixon was never impeached. While the House Judiciary Committee approved articles of impeachment against him and reported those articles to the House of Representatives, Nixon resigned before the House could consider the impeachment resolutions and was subsequently pardoned by President Ford.

So far, in regards to presidents, the record is 0 for 3 attempts.

Care to try for 4?

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2013, 7:28 pm

Yes.
1. Because he deserves it for the charges stated above.
2. The quarreling over it in this forum will be entertaining.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2013, 7:31 pm

Raptor wrote:
Yes.
1. Because he deserves it for the charges stated above.
2. The quarreling over it in this forum will be entertaining.

Meh ... go for it ... I hope people have the stomach for "President" Joseph Biden ...

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2013, 8:05 pm

The only charge of those listed above that could possibly be laid at Obama's feet would be the IRS thing - and I don't think that would stick, because a) none of the organizations investigated were denied their tax-exempt status, and b) that's what the IRS is supposed to do. If a sudden spate of organizations, all claiming to be independent but all espousing the same philosophies, all arise at the same time, demanding tax-exempt status, it would be remiss of the IRS not to investigate them.

The other matters are more in the nature of the NSA and other organizations not bothering to brief the President or his people on ongoing projects (PRISM predates the Obama administration by almost two years). You can't realistically prosecute someone for a crime he didn't actually commit, just because someone else did it without telling him - that doesn't even meet the standard for "accessory after the fact".

And it's hard to feature anyone who got elected to office on the platform of stopping government waste who could back such a maneuver, then survive the next election season as his opponents gleefully point out how much money he wasted on the Obama impeachment proceedings...

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2013, 8:07 pm

Nixon resigned only when it was clear he would be impeached and likely convicted. Nixon wanted to continue on fighting but Barry Goldwater made it clear that he could not count on the GOP to support him. Without the undivided support of the GOP and the Democrats with large majorities in both houses in 1974, Nixon's removal from office was all but certain, at least that is the way I learned it.

I have no confidence in the fact the Obama would be convicted or even if he was that his successor would be any better. (Biden and then Boehner would be up to bat, god help us all) That's not really the point tho, we must hold our leaders responsible and what other way of recourse is there? Bush II, Clinton, Bush I, Reagan, etc all did terrible things as well but what Obama is doing right now is unprecedented. We are on the verge of a police state.

Last edited by Jacoby on 09 Jun 2013, 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2013, 8:09 pm

There is no way a Democrat controlled Senate will vote to remove even if a bill of impeachment is passed by the House. If the government of the U.S. could not remove Bill Clinton for getting a blow-job on the tax-payers nickel there is no way Boss Obama is going to be removed. The Liberals will not permit it.

ruveyn

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2013, 8:11 pm

Jacoby wrote:
I have no confidence in the fact the Obama would be convicted or even if he was that his predecessor would be any better.

Mr. Obama's predecessor was George H. W. Bush. His successor is yet to be determined.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2013, 8:24 pm

Fnord wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
I have no confidence in the fact the Obama would be convicted or even if he was that his predecessor would be any better.

Mr. Obama's predecessor was George H. W. Bush. His successor is yet to be determined.

George W. Bush but yea mixed them up.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2013, 8:27 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

No, George W. Bush was William Clinton's predecessor. George H. W. Bush was William Clinton's successor.

LeeAnderson
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2013, 9:02 pm

I vote yes.. :lol: but damn it Biden would be a horrible replacement. At least as bad if not worse for the job.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

09 Jun 2013, 9:03 pm

I voted no.

Last edited by glider18 on 09 Jun 2013, 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

09 Jun 2013, 9:12 pm

Fnord wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

No, George W. Bush was William Clinton's predecessor. George H. W. Bush was William Clinton's successor.

Correction on the Bushes on the predecessor and successor

The order of the presidents was:

George H.W. Bush
William Clinton
George W. Bush
current President Obama

George H.W. Bush was William Clinton's predecessor and George W. Bush was William Clinton's successor. The predecessor comes before and the successor after.