Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Velopsy
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Jun 2013, 3:37 am

Hey

I've been going through a very emotional journey several years now. Now it's clear to me that the most important solution is for me to learn to be okay with being alone.. I suffer from severe depression and anxiety which makes my waking hours a daily nightmare. I have lost the ability to be content with myself and very needy. Despite being an introvert, I get very uneasy when I know that none of my friends are available and want more attention from my friends than they can give (they have their own lives and are not committed to me as a S.O. after all). I want to break from this loneliness; it's destroying my life. Any advice on some first steps I can take to be comfortable with myself and not need so much attention?

LookTwice
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Jun 2013, 12:47 pm

The things that help me the most are
- finding something you care about and get ambitious about it (this is a lot of work but can be very rewarding and stabilizing, in my experience)
- reading, sometimes watching TV, sometimes music

I guess it depends on the kind of attention you're looking for, though, and what it is you (hope to) get from the attention.