On the verge of something bad happening....

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Bec
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2005, 7:16 pm

Kitsune wrote:
I've never seen much sense in the economy. Like, in 1929, they could have just nullified half of the debt of the country, and allow the people damaged by losing that income to be tax exempt for ten years.

That wouldn't have worked. Everyone was in debt.

Kitsune wrote:
By the way, on people being 'leeches' to this earth, that can be said of many other animals on this planet. Locusts, cows (methane) horses (Trampling plants) any hooved animals actually.

Locusts, cows, horses etc. are not planning on drilling for oil in Alaska. Locusts, cows, horses etc. do not leave waste that is not biodegradable. Would you like me to keep going or do you see my point?

Kitsune wrote:
Of course, some people use this earth like slothenly pigs. Though the trouble isn't as bad as some people will have you believe. This provides the other side's perspective (Christian perspective, by the way) and in the first two paragraphs gives a few shocking statistics.

There are, of course, Christians who want to protect the environment, but wanting to protect the environment is not necessarily the universal Christian perspective. George W. Bush wants to drill for oil in the Arctic Wildlife Refuge. This will destroy the wildlife. George W. Bush is also a Born-Again Christian. See the problem there?

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2005, 7:30 pm

Bec wrote:
There are, of course, Christians who want to protect the environment, but wanting to protect the environment is not necessarily the universal Christian perspective. George W. Bush wants to drill for oil in the Arctic Wildlife Refuge. This will destroy the wildlife. George W. Bush is also a Born-Again Christian. See the problem there?

There's no conflict, the price of oil is so high that oil companies can still lower gas prices, take extreme environmental percautions, and still turn a profit.

KingChaosNinja
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Apr 2005, 8:32 pm

At times I feel like an observer of the world around me ad if it were all a bad TV show. It's is just real amusing to watch the humans become the victoms of their own devices. At the very least I can at least break into the nest egg I have that made from the currency market in my spare time. Then I can pass the bar once I get out of high school and I should be fine. In the event of the unholy appacolypse and mass rioting in the streets and a complete destruction of goverment and order then I'll get to survive off of my supirior intelligence. Darwinism in action has got to be an interesting sight as sad as it sounds.

*I picked this username 4 years ago when I was in high school. Don't hold it against me.

Kitsune
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 Apr 2005, 12:33 pm

Quote:
Locusts, cows, horses etc. are not planning on drilling for oil in Alaska. Locusts, cows, horses etc. do not leave waste that is not biodegradable. Would you like me to keep going or do you see my point?

I'm not trying to debate you, but this is actually a case of enviromentalism gone bad. If oil was drilled for the actual space used would be less than one tenth of one percent.

Technically everything is biodegradeable, as we have only used resources on this earth. The thing is the oil is a transition phase from no electricity to solar and wind power.

Don't you make the mistake of thinking I'm not for the protection of wildlife, I've sent my fair share of ugly letters to aerial wolf hunters and others, but there is a balance that needs to be found and we're pretty close to it overall.

Hopefully there's some great discovery in passive solar technology that makes the energy much easier to harness, I could only run my monitor or TV off of a 300 dollar solar panel.

On the debt liquidation thing, if people dropped other's debts nationwide then it would have stopped, unfortunately it's the human condition not to move as a single unit, else we wouldn't be having this discussion, even though our motives and ideals are pretty close to the same we have different means, eh?