Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

musicforanna
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2013, 1:44 pm

EmberEyes wrote:
Actually, I think it's in fashion right now to have full brows!

I would not recommend plucking your brows on your own at first. Well, if you have a good 'eye' for art then perhaps you can... My experience is that plucking them on my own always end up looking really uneven and makes my face really unbalanced. Having them done by a professional at first, all you have to do after that is pluck the strays every week or so.

Yeah, fuller brows are in right now. Sometimes I feel like I was 'blessed' with the Backstreet Boy Kevin Richardson/Oscar the Grouch/Massive Caterpillar of eyebrows though.

My brow grooming started with one of my older sisters attempting to tweeze my brows, first when I was 16 to take a picture and the 2nd time at 18 before prom. She did a good job (she used to sell mary kay and always had a thing for cosmetics so she was pretty natural at it), She said that my eyebrows are weird, in the way that I have a lot of random strays and weird growth patterns.

Also, as I have learned doing my brows myself, I have to be careful, because of how my face structure is (deep set eyes, pretty prominent brow ridge, lots of forehead, high cheek bones, prominent nose), because anything gone wrong is essentially amplified on me. If I make them too thin, I look like a conehead. If I taper them too much, it draws emphasis to my nose. If I angle them too much, it looks highly unnatural against the shape of my brow bone.

Also, one thing I haven't noticed mention of is hair color too. I prefer my brows a little thicker because if you over-tweeze naturally blonde eyebrows, they end up looking invisible, and that's when you end up using eyepencil (which some brands suck royally at getting "blonde eyebrow pencil" correct in shade, their hint should be that blonde is actually not red, or medium brown either one)

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2013, 2:10 pm

^ Hi, welcome back to WP :)

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2013, 5:55 am

I do my own. It's just a case of tidying them up more than anything.

aspiekelly
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Oct 2013, 9:43 pm

I started getting my eyebrows waxed maybe two years ago, not entirely sure. Anyway, I have gone to three different estheticians, and they use different things, but the pain isn't too bad, sometimes I'm like "OUCH!" and then it's okay, lol. But I am pleased with how they look... I made sure to tell them I want a "natural" look, and "clean things up". It usually lasts about 2 months and then I get them done again.

I made the mistake when I was 10 years old and went on a shaving spree, including my eyebrows, so one of them in my opinion looks fine, and the other one gets a bit wild due to the shaving, lol.

SirReality
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Oct 2013, 10:38 am

My mother was the one that always plucked and shaped my eyebrows because she thought I would like it more. I actually did. I looked good and felt better about myself because they looked nice. Now I'm not as concerned with them. I have thick eyebrows but I don't pluck them, I simply trim them. Comb them upwards and then cut any hairs that exceed the horizontal. That keeps them looking "managed" at least while still looking natural.

Yay eyebrows.

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2013, 9:22 am

I learned shaping eyebrows by watching various youtube videos. :) Mine are not bushy, though. I only need to pluck a few stragglers and trim down the longer pieces. I cut my own hair, too. I don't like strangers touching my head.

butterflymama
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

15 Nov 2013, 9:35 pm

What about naturally sparse eyebrows? Once, my mom asked why I over plucked my brows. I told her I never plucked them. I don't know how to apply makeup, and for some reason I can't learn (no matter how many times I try). I certainly can't ask anybody to do for me, I stay home all the time. Definitely not going the tattoo route either, my grandma has it done. Let's just say, it looks like absolute **** to me. :?

BetwixtBetween
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2014, 1:14 pm

Quote:
What about naturally sparse eyebrows?

You can fill them in. They have powders and pencils for that. I don't know much more than that since sparse brows have never been my problem. For my own brows, I stick to the Sally Hansen's kit. I take out one of the prewaxed strips, cut it to only take off what I want, warm it by holding it tightly in my hand for a couple seconds, smooth it into place, then pull it off. Getting both brows into shape takes seconds instead of minutes, and there's FAR less pain than when I pluck. There's other brands that work the same way, but that's the one I know I can buy near me. All the ones I've seen come with soothing wipes for after if you need them.

GivePeaceAChance
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2014, 7:34 pm

mine were moderately full, I tweezed them for years on my own and then I reached a point as I got older that I got a little hair on my lip and got electrolysis so I decided to have the technician do my brows as well, now I never worry about them

pinkgurl87
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Mar 2014, 11:55 pm

I have never touched my eyebrows, I don't really care to much about how they look people comment on how I should shape them but it seems to much effort, I think maybe once in my life a girl plucked a couple of my eyebrows but that's about it, and I am 26.

Eye test score: 21
AQ test score: 40.0 , AQ-10: 7.0
(RAADS-R): 183.0

sudowoodo
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Jun 2014, 10:50 am

Maybe you could just try combing them daily and occasionally trimming them. There are guides on how to properly trim your eyebrow hairs on YouTube.

Thicker eyebrows are definitely on trend at the moment, as long as they are neat and well groomed.