Page 6 of 6 [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

earthmom
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2014, 11:15 pm

I hope it gets better, too. If these 2 episodes were the first time I'd seen this show, I wouldn't come back for a third I don't believe.

-- Emerson

mikassyna
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2014, 1:56 pm

earthmom wrote:
All the storylines and characters from last season vanished without a word. No Charlotte, Cesar, RayRay, Linder, Brother Bob, they moved Eva out of the picture quickly, Alma and kids are gone, Tate disappeared, Kitty, Daniela was taken at the end of last season and oh well, she's just gone. No more references to the Lost Girls of Juarez..... It's a very strange thing to tune into your favorite show and the show is gone. In its place is this ugly ill conceived thing.

This happened in other series that I'd followed obsessively. Dexter, Unce Upon A Time...

In the new seasons of many shows there are often things inserted in the opening that never happened from what I remembered from the previous season. Sometimes this even happens from episode to episode. This greatly perturbs me. I find myself searching and getting upset thinking I had missed watching an episode somewhere, or thinking maybe I'm dumb or my memory sucks. There are big disjointed narratives, like a giant eraser had come and just mangled the whole story, replacing parts and moving things around. I've had to drop watching other TV series because of this. I'm hanging on to this show because I think my husband accidentally got hooked into it (over the gore scene!), and it may become one of the few things we can actually tolerate watching together. Maybe because it is almost as confusing to me as it is for him (having never seen Season 1), we might just bond over it.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2014, 4:07 pm

earthmom wrote:
All the storylines and characters from last season vanished without a word. No Charlotte, Cesar, RayRay, Linder, Brother Bob, they moved Eva out of the picture quickly, Alma and kids are gone, Tate disappeared, Kitty, Daniela was taken at the end of last season and oh well, she's just gone. No more references to the Lost Girls of Juarez.....

So it seems elements are coming back into the story, little by little.

earthmom
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2014, 6:17 pm

YES! After those first two awful episodes it got measurably better! I'm happy with it now :D

-- Emerson

Brianruns10
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2014, 12:14 pm

Yeah I get the impression Alex isn't involved at all anymore, or his role has been diminished, because Kruger's marvelous performance of season 1 has been sublimated in favor of the typical television trope of the hot mysterious chick who likes kinky sex. A richly drawn character on the spectrum is now just a female lead who bares her ass in every other episode.

And the worst of it is there is very little chance of this show righting things, because based on the ratings, it's doomed. And rightfully so. It has squandered nearly all of my good will this season.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2014, 3:10 pm

I missed it this week. Tyrant seems more interesting.

The English/French version and the original seem more interesting.

They aren't using the device of an aspie cop to artfully explore the assumptions and prejudices of cultures on both sides of the border. They aren't teaching me anything about Juarez or El Paso. They aren't exploring sexual politics, gender politics, drug politics or individual psyches.

It seems like an empty husk with the vague shape of the old show.

earthmom
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2014, 1:29 am

I agree with the statements that they've changed Sonya - pretty drastically. She seems quite UnAspie this season and that's a shame. But I've seen Alex in pics with the cast from this season so it seems that he's still involved (?) Alex, I would really like to hear if you are. It's confusing how they have changed her so much and watered down all of her uniqueness.

That said, I am really enjoying this season (after the first two horrible episodes). Most of the usual cast are back and I like it. I would like it more if Sonya's character was true to originally created though.

Just watched this week's episode and I spotted the first viewing of the WrongPlanet coffee mug for this season! :)

Here's the mug

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n8las99pw072k ... 3.jpg?dl=0

-- Emerson

AutumnSylver
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Oct 2014, 5:02 am

Not only does it seem that Sonya's Aspergers has cleared up like a bad cold, she also recovered from that injury to her arm that she never had surgery for amazingly quickly.
The first 3 or so episodes of the show were not very good, but it got better as the season progressed. Still not as good as the first season, though.