Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ZanneMarie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2007, 9:40 am

I took drama class in high school and performed in plays. What I learned in those classes really did help me to be able to "act" like a NT when it was required. I can still do it. It also taught me a great trick to deal with mean NTs. We were taught to visualize the audience like rocks to get over stage fright. Basically, we dehumanized them to take away their power to frighten us. Worked great and it was a wonderful tool for mean NTs. Once I saw them as a rock, I just turned and walked away. They no longer had any effect and it showed. Made the other NTs turn around and tease them. So maybe those classes have a two fold advantage for us?

Matt_the_Rat
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Apr 2007, 10:48 am

I've always loved acting. I'm part of a puppet team at my church. I've performed in school productions of: Our Town, Sorry Wrong Number, Pullman Car Hiawatha, Cards of Fate, The Miser, The Crucible, Evita, Oklahoma, and a student written one act called Inner Monologue. On May 8 I'll be performing in White Room of My Remembering for my final theatre project. I plan to pursue acting professionally after college.

Kcihtred2
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Apr 2007, 10:57 am

well i no that one of the people in boston legal plays a autistic (check my spelling) lawyer