X-Men: Days of Future Past Possible Plot

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2013, 3:49 pm

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=83291

Sounds exciting though I was kinda assuming that Apocalypse would appear as the main villain because of the whole time travel thing. I remember seeing that in the 90's cartoon series (never really read the comics) but then again if Trask is in the movie maybe the Sentinels will as well. Also how can Kitty Pryde send Wolverine back in time, she phases through solid object.

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2013, 4:14 pm

tb86 wrote:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=83291

Sounds exciting though I was kinda assuming that Apocalypse would appear as the main villain because of the whole time travel thing. I remember seeing that in the 90's cartoon series (never really read the comics) but then again if Trask is in the movie maybe the Sentinels will as well. Also how can Kitty Pryde send Wolverine back in time, she phases through solid object.

Apocalypse isn't all that heavily involved in time travel stories in the original comics. That was more something from the cartoon. The main link that comic Apocalypse has to time travel, is that Cable comes from a future where Apocalypse has pretty much conquered the world.

In the comic books, it isn't Kitty who sends someone back in time, rather it is future Kitty herself who is sent to the past by another mutant who has psychic powers. Basically what happens is that the psychic mutant (Jean Grey's daughter Rachel) switches the consciousness of future Kitty (2013) with that of teenage Kitty in the past (1980). So Kitty is not supposed to have that kind of power, only Rachel should be able to pull it off.

Mike89
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

15 Jul 2013, 4:17 pm

Yeah the link would definitely make sense.
As a HUGE comic nerd i'm immediately thinking towards the original comic plot, where mutants have been hunted down in the future to near extinction, this came as a result of Senator Robert Kelly being murdered by the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, led by Magneto, only a handful of mutants remain including Wolverine and Colossus and Storm.
Mutants can undergo secondary mutations where their powers expand, since Kitty's power includes the ability to adjust molecules, maybe it lies there.

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2013, 4:59 pm

Mike89 wrote:
Mutants can undergo secondary mutations where their powers expand, since Kitty's power includes the ability to adjust molecules, maybe it lies there.

I would find that plausible. It reminds me of how Piper Halliwell from Charmed 'freezes time' by basically slowing down all the molecules in a limited area surrounding her.

Edit: I just want to add that it seems Havok may also be involved in this movie.: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=83286

Mike89
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

15 Jul 2013, 6:08 pm

It'll be good to see Havok again, there should always be a Summers hanging around.

It will be interesting to see how they handle it all. Iceman is also involved and his powers are monstrously powerful in most future timelines.

Moviefan2k4
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2013, 1:36 pm

Here's the first trailer for the film; enjoy! :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9-9U6Rm46U[/youtube]

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2013, 5:43 pm

Already saw it on cbm.com. Look friggin awesome though the only thing that was missing was the sentinels.

AGhostWriter
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Oct 2013, 7:51 pm

I'm always saddened by how mediocre the X-men movies turn out to be, despite great source material and terrific actors. One of their biggest problems is continuity and bad writing in general. In theory Days of Future Past has me excited, but by now I'm really skeptical about how it will turn out. I'd say the movie technically has the potential to be a A- movie, but I know it's more likely to be a C or C-.

Moviefan2k4
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2013, 10:24 pm

In my opinion, the worst one so far was "The Last Stand", but even that had a lot of cool moments. I loved Storm going badass with the lightning, frying the tattooed chick on the fence. My inner geek cheered when Bobby finally iced up all the way; I'd waited six years for that moment.

The main problem with that entry was having way too many characters to introduce at once, and the only memorable one was Archangel.

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2013, 3:00 pm

I'm kind of worried about the prominence of Wolverine in this first trailer. Of course, he's not featured all that much in the (action) scenes that take place in the past from what I can tell, but come on. Wolvie was a central character in the first X-Men trilogy, and had two solo movies so far, one of which is still fresh in everbody's memory. Not sure why he has to be the guy who has to travel to the past.

But we'll see how it'll turn out. Could still be great!

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2013, 3:11 pm

CyclopsSummers wrote:
Not sure why he has to be the guy who has to travel to the past.

My guess is his healing factor. Odds of him being killed during the mission is near nil but anyone else....

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2013, 4:41 pm

I'm looking forward to seeing X-Men: Days Of Future Past, but like many X-Men fans, I would have preferred Matthew Vaughn directing, not Bryan Singer.

However, Singer is a talented director.

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2013, 7:32 pm

Same about the director. It's likely the major sequences and special effects in the movie aren't finished yet so we won't see them until future trailers. It would explain the lack of Sentinels, and extended shots of the future.

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2013, 7:54 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote

Quote:
I would have preferred Matthew Vaughn directing, not Bryan Singer.

However, Singer is a talented director.

But Singer did direct the first two.

Moviefan2k4
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2013, 10:47 pm

Singer was involved in the best of the series so far: "X2" and "First Class". The main difference with "Days" is that he and Vaughn are switching places this time around.

newageretrohippie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2013, 1:39 am

Moviefan2k4 wrote:
In my opinion, the worst one so far was "The Last Stand", but even that had a lot of cool moments. I loved Storm going badass with the lightning, frying the tattooed chick on the fence. My inner geek cheered when Bobby finally iced up all the way; I'd waited six years for that moment.

The main problem with that entry was having way too many characters to introduce at once, and the only memorable one was Archangel.
Technically, it wasn't Archangel but Angel ( Archangel would have required Apocalypse to turn Warren into the horseman of Death )...

and the tattooed chick you referred to was supposed to be Callisto, but I can see how you might not have recognized her as they effed her up a lot ( also: Spike & Psylocke had cameos...but both retardedly as villains and both were ultimately killed )

Best bits for me in Last Stand were: Bobby icing up all the way, hearing Kelsey Grammar as Beast actually say "Oh my stars & garters", Ellen Page as Kitty and Storm being a badass. Now if we could just get a Wolverine movie with him & Kitty or him & Jubilee.... ( sorry, I always loved the "sidekick" stories )