X-Men: Days of Future Past Possible Plot

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

newageretrohippie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2013, 1:39 am

Moviefan2k4 wrote:
In my opinion, the worst one so far was "The Last Stand", but even that had a lot of cool moments. I loved Storm going badass with the lightning, frying the tattooed chick on the fence. My inner geek cheered when Bobby finally iced up all the way; I'd waited six years for that moment.

The main problem with that entry was having way too many characters to introduce at once, and the only memorable one was Archangel.
Technically, it wasn't Archangel but Angel ( Archangel would have required Apocalypse to turn Warren into the horseman of Death )...

and the tattooed chick you referred to was supposed to be Callisto, but I can see how you might not have recognized her as they effed her up a lot ( also: Spike & Psylocke had cameos...but both retardedly as villains and both were ultimately killed )

Best bits for me in Last Stand were: Bobby icing up all the way, hearing Kelsey Grammar as Beast actually say "Oh my stars & garters", Ellen Page as Kitty and Storm being a badass. Now if we could just get a Wolverine movie with him & Kitty or him & Jubilee.... ( sorry, I always loved the "sidekick" stories )

Moviefan2k4
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2013, 2:33 pm

newageretrohippie wrote:
Technically, it wasn't Archangel but Angel ( Archangel would have required Apocalypse to turn Warren into the horseman of Death )...
I thought they might be the same character, but since there was a female Angel in "First Class", I used Archangel for Warren as a distinction.

Quote:
...and the tattooed chick you referred to was supposed to be Callisto, but I can see how you might not have recognized her as they effed her up a lot ( also: Spike & Psylocke had cameos...but both retardedly as villains and both were ultimately killed )
I didn't recognize any of them, and I haven't read the comics in years. I thought all of them except Multiple Man were just generic "mutant pride" wannabes.

Quote:
...hearing Kelsey Grammar as Beast actually say "Oh my stars & garters"...
I don't remember that line, but Kelsey was great as Beast. I loved his first meeting with Wolverine.

Quote:
...Ellen Page as Kitty...
I'd never seen her in anything before that, and the only one I've seen since is "Inception". I was kinda confused about why they kept switching actresses for the same character, but having Ellen back for the new one looks promising.

Quote:
...and Storm being a badass.
You can mostly thank Halle Berry for that; she declined to appear in the film unless Storm was given more of a prominent role. She definitely deserved it, though I liked her fight with Toad in the original.

Quote:
Now if we could just get a Wolverine movie with him & Kitty or him & Jubilee...
Well, "Future Past" will have something to do with that, since its Kitty who somehow sends Logan's soul into the past. Jubilee's a great character, and I hope they eventually put her at the front lines. She'd be older than Rogue by now, so it doesn't make much sense to keep her out.