Nutritional Deficiencies - Symptoms Check-list

Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2013, 1:25 am

ASDsmom wrote:
I'm not suggesting vitamins is a cure. Again, if we eat healthy we are less likely to get a host of symptoms and ailments because the body is designed to treat itself. I'm not for vitamins in a bottle, as I believe we need to access local, seasonal and organic foods.

It don't matter where you get the vitamins, lack of vitamins does not cause gangrene and taking vitamins by whatever means is not going to cure it.

Another thing that is hilarious is the claim that color blindness is the result or can be treated by Vitamin A! I take it the author does not have any knowledge at all of genetics.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2013, 2:25 am

eric76 wrote:
Another thing that is hilarious is the claim that color blindness is the result or can be treated by Vitamin A! I take it the author does not have any knowledge at all of genetics.

No no that makes sense; my father was born with vitamin deficiency which caused him to be color blind and he has never been able to eat enough vitamin A to recover. I however, got enough vitamins in utero and kept eating vitamin A, so I don't mix up red, green and brown.
That was sarcasm BTW,

What a list of nonsense! It shouldn't be allowed anywhere near naive, impressionable people like some spectrumites are. It's important to have your vitamins covered, but they don't prevent nor heal gangrene, color blindness, skin cancer or a number of other diseases and condition mentioned on that imaginative list.

Eat healthy and make sure you get the vitamins you need people, but if you're sick, see a doctor, not a quack.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2013, 3:19 am

The link of the website (health science SPIRIT) gives them away. It's a bunch of superstition. I was reading another hilarious article on there on living water and it said stuff like this: "Water has the ability to attract and accumulate bio-energy. It also stores an energy memory of harmful or helpful vibrations to which it was exposed in the past. This is the basis of homeopathy."
Then it goes on about chi and other crap.

Thelibrarian
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2013, 9:35 am

1000Knives wrote:
eric76 wrote:
ASDsmom wrote:
Yes. When our body is at it's best, it will keep those bugs at bay.

Do you really believe that?

I have never heard of anyone being too healthy to get the flu, gangrene, hantavirus, rabies, ... .

Some reading. While I still believe germ theory is technically correct, it's not really that simple for the simple fact that some things/people get sick from germs and others do not. Why is this so? You'd say "oh, well, their immune system must be stronger?" Now, WHY is their immune system stronger?

Why do some people have stronger immune systems than others? Genetics.

ASDsmom
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2013, 8:00 pm

Thelibrarian wrote:
1000Knives wrote:
eric76 wrote:
ASDsmom wrote:

I have never heard of anyone being too healthy to get the flu, gangrene, hantavirus, rabies, ... .

Some reading. While I still believe germ theory is technically correct, it's not really that simple for the simple fact that some things/people get sick from germs and others do not. Why is this so? You'd say "oh, well, their immune system must be stronger?" Now, WHY is their immune system stronger?

Opinion.

I didn't actually review the link .. I just thought it was interesting and I do believe our bodies are built to protect itself and if you lack vitamins and minerals, it will have an adverse effect.

Thelibrarian
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2013, 8:21 pm

ASDsmom wrote:
Thelibrarian wrote:
1000Knives wrote:
eric76 wrote:
ASDsmom wrote:

Opinion.

I didn't actually review the link .. I just thought it was interesting and I do believe our bodies are built to protect itself and if you lack vitamins and minerals, it will have an adverse effect.

Opinion is personal preference, such as one's favorite flavor of ice cream. Bearing this in mind, do you think all science is opinion?

ASDsmom
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2013, 8:28 pm

No, science is not all opinion. I do think science is given too much credibility though.

Thelibrarian
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2013, 8:30 pm

ASDsmom wrote:
No, science is not all opinion. I do think science is given too much credibility though.

But you do think that any link between genetics and the human immune system is opinion? If so, how so?

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2013, 8:34 pm

Skilpadde wrote:
eric76 wrote:

No no that makes sense; my father was born with vitamin deficiency which caused him to be color blind and he has never been able to eat enough vitamin A to recover. I however, got enough vitamins in utero and kept eating vitamin A, so I don't mix up red, green and brown.
That was sarcasm BTW,

What a list of nonsense! It shouldn't be allowed anywhere near naive, impressionable people like some spectrumites are. It's important to have your vitamins covered, but they don't prevent nor heal gangrene, color blindness, skin cancer or a number of other diseases and condition mentioned on that imaginative list.

Eat healthy and make sure you get the vitamins you need people, but if you're sick, see a doctor, not a quack.

You mean I can't cure my myopia with vitamins? What a disappointment :lol:

ASDsmom
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2013, 8:35 pm

I don't know enough about the role of genetics vs immune system but I do believe it's the environment that affects the function of our immune system.

Thelibrarian
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2013, 8:39 pm

ASDsmom wrote:
I don't know enough about the role of genetics vs immune system but I do believe it's the environment that affects the function of our immune system.

I'm not sure why you want to believe that. Here is what Wikipedia has to say in its article on the immune system:

"Disorders of the immune system can result in autoimmune diseases, inflammatory diseases and cancer.[2][3] Immunodeficiency occurs when the immune system is less active than normal, resulting in recurring and life-threatening infections. In humans, immunodeficiency can either be the result of a genetic disease such as severe combined immunodeficiency, acquired conditions such as HIV/AIDS, or the use of immunosuppressive medication."

Science isn't a matter for opinion; its essence is knowledge, which is informed belief.

ASDsmom
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2013, 9:06 pm

Science has made many errors in the past about many things. Wikipedia is not a reliable source.

ASDsmom
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2013, 9:07 pm

I will say that if the mother is unable to pass on enough gut flora to her infant, the immune system will be compromised by environmental toxins.

Thelibrarian
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2013, 9:08 pm

ASDsmom wrote:
Science has made many errors in the past about many things. Wikipedia is not a reliable source.

Okay, what is your source that says that genetics have nothing to do with the immune system? Or is that the way you want things to be?

Thelibrarian
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2013, 9:10 pm

ASDsmom wrote:
I will say that if the mother is unable to pass on enough gut flora to her infant, the immune system will be compromised by environmental toxins.

I agree, but since we're all affected by environmental toxins, there has to be a reason that some children develop ASD's and immune system problems while others don't. What science suggests, as it hasn't be definitively proven, is that some people simply have a genetic predisposition to problems.

ASDsmom
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2013, 11:10 pm

Thelibrarian wrote:
I agree, but since we're all affected by environmental toxins, there has to be a reason that some children develop ASD's and immune system problems while others don't. What science suggests, as it hasn't be definitively proven, is that some people simply have a genetic predisposition to problems.

Yes.

"Science has discovered that about 90% of all cells and all genetic material of the human body belongs to the gut flora - a mixture of various microbes, which live inside our digestive tract." - Dr. Natasha Cambell-McBride

If an infant is born with an inadequate supply of gut flora, the environmental toxins will have adverse effects, causing impairments of the gut and brain, a weakened immune system which poses a threat towards a host of disorders and ailments.

Some reasons may be:
1) Mother was unable to pass on enough gut flora onto her newborn (she, too, may have a shortage of supply which could stem from her mother's shortage, their lifestyle and medical practices) .. an endless cycle
2) Mother chose or was unable to breast feed - therefor, bottle fed her infant
3) Antibiotics was used which wiped out the flora - good bacteria/probiotics were not replaced
4) [Therefor] infant/child was environmentally intoxicated - a weak immune system prevented infant/child to fight off toxins

What happens in the gut, happens in the brain.
These are just from the top of my head.

I'm not here to preach. I've read multiple theories and this theory is the only one that fit closest to my own personal philosophy and connected a lot of dots for me and my family. If you disagree or think it's bogus, I'm ok with that. We all strive for a quality of life that works for us.