Look out! It's a Nice Guy! DESTROY HIM!!

Page 1 of 25 [ 392 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25  Next

Greb
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2013, 7:37 am

I think many people here are gonna like this video.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9XDb0nxSO4[/youtube]

Shau
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2013, 8:30 am

Give them what they want. If they hate nice guys, it's their loss.

mattarga
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Jul 2013, 9:48 am

DELETED!! ! :evil:

Last edited by mattarga on 25 Jul 2013, 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2013, 10:30 am

I don't think it makes a difference if you're nice or a douche, to be honest.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2013, 11:24 am

Can a guy be a nice guy when he's rich, popular, tall, wide, ripped and giant c*cked all at the same time?

Relicanth7
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2013, 1:03 pm

Uprising wrote:
Can a guy be a nice guy when he's rich, popular, tall, wide, ripped and giant c*cked all at the same time?

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2013, 2:34 pm

Uprising wrote:

Nope, gotta uncheck at least one of those.

It's like the saying with cars. Cheap, fast, reliable, pick two.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2013, 6:30 pm

It's funny how so many e-feminists group all men they disagree with as "nice guys TM". Most of these so-called nice guys TM, are simply no more than frustrated teenagers who do not see why they're not getting laid. Many of them are in fact nice, but they fail to realize that the as*hole, despite not necessarily being more athletic or better looking, still has better social skills, still are much more popular, are always invited to the coolest parties, have acces to alcohol and party drugs and almost always have rich, upper middle-class parents.

Moreover, being a spoiled brat well into your 20's, dressing gangsta and talking to homies while you're still in the wealthier part of the city or being a pretty boy with a stick up your ass, is portrayed as being really cool s**t by MTV and reality shows--and many teenage girls therefore like boys who are like that.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2013, 8:14 pm

mattarga wrote:
Finally!! A woman who tells it just like it really is! This is what I have struggled with my entire life. I am a genuine 100% nice guy, and yet I am alone. So what does that tell you? The answer is obvious!

Could it be that there are other factors besides niceness in attraction?
Could it be that your Asperger's causes poor social skills, and that since romantic relationships are some of the most complex social interactions you'll find, your poor social skills mean you have trouble with them?
Nah, it's gotta be that women hate positive personality traits.

Quote:
Moreover, being a spoiled brat well into your 20's, dressing gangsta and talking to homies while you're still in the wealthier part of the city or being a pretty boy with a stick up your ass, is portrayed as being really cool sh** by MTV and reality shows--and many teenage girls therefore like boys who are like that.

So teenage girls don't like you because you're not a pretty boy with a stick up your arse. Personally, I'd consider that a good thing.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Lezoah
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Jul 2013, 8:45 pm

I've had a lot of thoughts on this subject, so I might write up a more detailed response to this video once I've gotten a chance to watch all of it.
One thing in particular jumped out at me right away, though. I think it's very interesting that she uses My Best Friend's Wedding as an example of a movie sympathetic to a friendzoned woman. I thought that the film was pretty explicit in not making Julia Roberts' character out to be the good guy all the time. Particularly after the "kiss and run" scene toward the end, all the scheming she does throughout the story kind of comes back to bite her in the a$$. The point of the whole thing wasn't to glorify a woman in the friendzone so much as it was to allow others to relate to Julianne's reaction while carefully reminding them that while it's okay to feel bad about unrequited love, taking it out on others isn't. So it's not really an example of any sort of double standard.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2013, 10:17 pm

for 99.99% of my life, being "friendzoned" would've been a huge promotion.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

24 Jul 2013, 11:15 pm

auntblabby wrote:
for 99.99% of my life, being "friendzoned" would've been a huge promotion.

Welcome to the club. NT women usually want to either f**k or get as far away from me as possible. I am not friend material for them at all. Too whiny, bitchy, reserved, macho, feminine, abrasive, quiet, awkward, pretentious, as*hole, nice guy, feminist, sexist, and all the other wrong things. Except when drunk, high, or manic. Then I'm f***able for at least a few days or weeks. Then the girlz r lyke get lost u dumb dyke!!

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2013, 11:21 pm

Let's be honest.

Women have no problem with men who are genuinely decent people.

They have a problem with 2 things:
a) Guys who feel they deserve, are entitled to, or have a victim attitude about things, especially about women
and
b) Guys who lack purpose, clarity, and depth; who aren't great at something and don't have something to give to the world and live it and don't have something to show for it.

Now if you are both A and B, well then yes, you are well and truly screwed.

Last edited by Kjas on 25 Jul 2013, 1:27 am, edited 4 times in total.

Vectorspace
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2013, 12:27 am

Oh well...

I know a girl who has been beaten by her boyfriend a number of times, but instead of dumping him, she is moving in with him now. You could argue that there are dozens of "nice guys" around who would never do that to her – but neither does her teddy bear.

But neither her teddy bear nor the "nice guys" are actually attractive to her. Her boyfriend is, so she choses him.

Greb
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2013, 12:31 am

Kjas wrote:
Let's be honest.

Women have no problem with men who are genuinely decent people.

They have a problem with 2 things:
a) Guys who feel they deserve, are entitled to, or have a victim attitude about things, especially about women
and
b) Guys who lack purpose, clarity, and depth; who are great at something and have something to give to the world and live it and have something to show for it.

Now if you are both A and B, well then yes, you are well and truly screwed.

Yeap, this is exactly the problem. If you meet a decent guy and you're not attracted by him, then he has to fit one of those two options. Or perhaps both of them. Because otherwise, you'd find him attractive (what doesn't mean that you would want something with him, but at least you would agree he's attractive).

So this is the problem for decent guys. In order to justify the lack of attraction they're accused of points (a) and (b) you stated. It's understandable they get disappointed.

Vectorspace wrote:
Oh well...

I know a girl who has been beaten by her boyfriend a number of times, but instead of dumping him, she is moving in with him now. You could argue that there are dozens of "nice guys" around who would never do that to her – but neither does her teddy bear.

But neither her teddy bear nor the "nice guys" are actually attractive to her. Her boyfriend is, so she choses him.

Yeap. And that's OK. Everyone is free. The problem appears when:

(1) To justifiy from an intelectual point of view her emotional choice, she needs to depreciate someway the guys around.

(2) Besides that, to avoid, from the same intelectual point of view, the consequences of her choice (she's beaten) she has to blame those guys around, as a part of a 'patriarchal' conspiracy. So those guys around, who didn't beat her and didn't have any decision making authority over her choices, suddenly they're responsible of her abuse.

Not nice.

Last edited by Greb on 25 Jul 2013, 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2013, 12:39 am

Vectorspace wrote:
Oh well...I know a girl who has been beaten by her boyfriend a number of times, but instead of dumping him, she is moving in with him now. You could argue that there are dozens of "nice guys" around who would never do that to her – but neither does her teddy bear. But neither her teddy bear nor the "nice guys" are actually attractive to her. Her boyfriend is, so she choses him.

that makes my brain hurt every time I try to make sense of it. so I don't bother anymore, I just accept that fact of life as one more mystery to be revealed upon matriculation into the elysian fields.