Have you ever gone in for a Neuropsych eval and....

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Faye712
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Aug 2013, 6:08 pm

Sorry everyone, just couldn't get back here. My regular psychologist and my primary physician referred me to the neuropsychologist for testing on my brain to see if everything is working properly or if I needed brain scans, also because my psych wanted a new eval done since it had been 10 or more years and sh wanted an outside view of me as I seem to be a rather complex patient as she puts it. To bgin with it was because I had been having a lot of strange symptoms. Mainly forgetfulness, more anxiety attacks, stronger fight or flight and irrational fight or flight responses and sensory issues that went way beyond hypersensativity...I could hear purple and tast 6... very strange! I also didn't seem to have a need for sleep or food for weeks then that started taking its toll as well. I have slowly been improving on my own and with help but am still having a lot of problems with this stuff and with gastro and chronic pain of my back. I have also changed into a completely different person as far as food and beverage likes and dislikes. My hypersensitvities and meltdowns are through the roof and I have seemingly lost most of my coping mechanisms I had before.

I have Asperger's, Bipolar 2, Complex PTSD, and many features of personality disorders to include, borderline, histrionic, avoidant, I also have a few learning disabilities like discalculia, dyslxic dysgraphia,and a couple others I can't remember. My IQ is just below what Mensa looks for, I believe my psych said top 15% maybe 10%.... not really that important to me.

The nueropsych's report basically stated in a nutshell that I recntly sufefred a huge trauma, I had very recently succombed to a schizophrenic break and was currently in one of the many cycles of said break, I am a petulant and whinny troubled women who needs inpatient treatment and that I sit on my ass and am a drug addict. The last comes from medical records according to hr report.

Needless to say I was very upset. Thankfully so was my psych... She laughed at a large portion of the report and said that she would be doing the retest herself. I am no where near being a schizophrenic, no offense intended to anyone but that's just not me. The drugs well I have been on either hydrocodone of tramedol for the three years I have been a chronic pain patient. I have an eight year old on the spectrum and a 21 month old in speech and OT with an IEP awaiting his diagnosis, I could not and do not sit on my butt and my medical issues or mostly due to the fact that I never sit down and run myself to death. The word hyper doesn't even cover it, especially if I am in a manic state. On that note none of these teachers or social workers I see every week for my kids would let me have them if I were in need of inpatient treatment.

I think I agree with my psych when she said she thought that som docs gt a bit upset over the IQ results of a patient, specially when that patient asks questions.

Thanks everyone for your support and answers!!

NT: 44
MBTI: INTP