Page 2 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

adamlindsaspiefan
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Aug 2013, 6:20 pm

Hi everyone I am heather Frederick and I have been diagnosed with autism aspergers syndrome let me list for u the difficulties of this disorder for me

1. The sensory issues the noise level is too loud in life and it all overwhelms me whether its a car motor people laughing screaming loud dog barking ,crowds malls
2. Paranoid thinking and aggressive outbursts when people stare at me or walk into me !

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2013, 12:50 pm

adamlindsaspiefan wrote:
Hi everyone I am heather Frederick and I have been diagnosed with autism aspergers syndrome let me list for u the difficulties of this disorder for me

1. The sensory issues the noise level is too loud in life and it all overwhelms me whether its a car motor people laughing screaming loud dog barking ,crowds malls
2. Paranoid thinking and aggressive outbursts when people stare at me or walk into me !
Welcome to Wp. We are glad to have you.

I am sensitive to sounds so I know what you mean.

Do people walk into you often? That can be uncomfortable.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2013, 5:18 am

anxiety/sensory issues, though head injurys don't help 8O

Mr_Nice
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Aug 2013, 5:21 am

anneurysm wrote:
Absolutely agreed. People assume that because you look like the average person that you have the capabilities of an average person.

And yes, a diagnosis can help people understand, but this is exactly why there needs to be more services and support for people with ASD everywhere. Most people with AS can drive, work, and live independently with the right supports. The problem is that there is either no supports or very minimal ones.

This is why we need to fight for these services...to prove everyone wrong and to prove that we are capable of achieving what other people can.

I usually finfd people with asperger's are better looking with more style and sophistication in appearence. Or is that just me?

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2013, 5:21 am

anotherswede wrote:
I could not agree less.

Being able to live a life able to pass in society without having my stigma show is something I value greatly.

Agree with this. No one knows about my ASD/HFA (and probably never will) and that is something I value very highly.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2013, 5:23 am

Mr_Nice wrote:
anneurysm wrote:
Absolutely agreed. People assume that because you look like the average person that you have the capabilities of an average person.

And yes, a diagnosis can help people understand, but this is exactly why there needs to be more services and support for people with ASD everywhere. Most people with AS can drive, work, and live independently with the right supports. The problem is that there is either no supports or very minimal ones.

This is why we need to fight for these services...to prove everyone wrong and to prove that we are capable of achieving what other people can.

I usually finfd people with asperger's are better looking with more style and sophistication in appearence. Or is that just me?

Low key ?

I thought we where sloppy dressers :?

Mr_Nice

12 Aug 2013, 5:29 am

skibum wrote:
I don't like that sometimes when you tell people they argue with you about it and try to convince you you are not.

My family won't accept that i have asperger's and it's a form of autism. I'm losing all credibility with them for insisting that we talk about my "asperger's" so from now on, i'm toning it down before they disown me. :D

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2013, 8:15 pm

CO MORBIDS LIKE ANXIETY 8O

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2013, 8:19 pm

wathcing their stupidty and not being allowed to speak up one of the reasons I'm so fond of the swiss their not afraid to do so ! and if they don't they regulate the hell out of it they even hire bin inspectors to check if your recycling , in fact having to buy "special bags" at SFr 2 each ? enourages people to waste less yeah Switzerland !

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2013, 4:50 am

Quote:
Nt's are just as diverse and unique as we are. You can't judge them all unless you have met and interacted with all of them.

I find when meeting strangers in public places they all seem to be the same on the outside (most of them), but people have their own unique personalities and characteristics when you actually get to know them personally.

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2013, 5:05 am

redrobin62 wrote:
I'd give my eye teeth to be normal.

What the hell are eye teeth?

I'm sorry I have seen this saying pop up a few times now.

I have hind teeth and that would make sense, do you mean hind teeth as in back teeth...meaning you would give up your back teeth to be more normal? What are eye teeth? My eyes don't have teeth at all.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2013, 7:12 am

bumble wrote:
redrobin62 wrote:
I'd give my eye teeth to be normal.

What the hell are eye teeth?

I'm sorry I have seen this saying pop up a few times now.

The eye teeth are the canine teeth in your upper jaw

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2013, 7:00 pm

Having to work extra hard to trick people in to believing I'm loveable :roll: