Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Otherside
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Aug 2013, 3:12 am

So I've been vomiting at random times, pretty much without any warning. Usually, it has been in the middle of the night and at home. It's acid reflux, and I've noticed that if I take fluoxetine without eating anything, I'm going to feel sick, and well most likely, vomit.

Only thing is, the last time I vomited (While back now, to be fair) was in public, at a concert, which resulted in me having to explain to them that I had a medical condition, that I hadn't known it was going to happen and that there was no way I could have avoided it happening, and having to say about twenty five times that I was not on drugs, or drunk...and in the end, I got kicked out, partly for the vomiting, partly for getting frustrated with the guys six million questions. I have a feeling it may have been due to the Chinese food I'd eaten before at the buffet, and the fact I ended up walking across the city in a heat wave from the restaurant to the O2 place, because somebody thought that that was a brilliant idea. And we also had to walk back after getting halfway there because said person decided they didn't need there handbag, before remembering the tickets were in there.

I'm being taken off the stomach protectors, which lets be honest, weren't stopping me being sick much. However, whether it's because of something else, or whether it's because I'm off them, or maybe even because of anxiety, I'm beginning to feel nauseaos pretty quickly when eating, and well...I'm obviously eating less at meals, and I'm skipping them, out of anxiety that I will start to feel ill again. And it's really beginning to mean that I'm struggling to leave the house right now, in case I am sick again, in public.

If anything, I just want the stomach protectors back on because it gave me some confidence that I had them. Guess it was mostly a placebo. But still...I have my suspects that a lot of this is caused by anxiety, or made worse by anxiety...

Does that make sense? Could anxiety be making this worse, and be causing me to feel nauseous pretty quickly after eating, and avoiding eating?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

11 Aug 2013, 8:44 pm

I think your anxiety could be making it worse but people who can tolerate Prozac can generally take it with or with out food after abit & you mentioned that it makes it worse so maybe your one of the people who's tomachs cant tolerate Prozac & a different antidepressant would work better for you.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2013, 11:51 am

Quote:
Only thing is, the last time I vomited (While back now, to be fair) was in public, at a concert, which resulted in me having to explain to them that I had a medical condition, that I hadn't known it was going to happen and that there was no way I could have avoided it happening, and having to say about twenty five times that I was not on drugs, or drunk...and in the end, I got kicked out, partly for the vomiting, partly for getting frustrated with the guys six million questions.

That sounds like an awful bunch of people. I can't imagine blaming someone for vomiting. If I saw someone vomit, I would be grossed out, but also concerned and sympathetic and wanting to help them feel better.