Which of these following cases is rape?

Page 4 of 5 [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Ladywoofwoof
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2013, 12:00 pm

This discussion reminds me of an episode of 'What would you do" -

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QcLs98NeJY[/youtube]

Perhaps this matter could be resolved (at least to a great extent) by the introduction of a law against people using drugs in public to the extent that they become incapable of sentient thought.
The situation could still be problematic at private parties and suchlike of course, but the frequency of it happening would most likely be greatly reduced.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2013, 12:06 pm

Ladywoofwoof wrote:
Perhaps this matter could be resolved (at least to a great extent) by the introduction of a law against people using drugs in public to the extent that they become incapable of sentient thought.

Rape is illegal.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2013, 12:12 pm

minervx wrote:
A
A woman is drunk and a man is sober. She strongly comes on to him, initiates almost every, and after she's persistent about it, he agrees to have sex with her. The next day, she doesn't regret it at all.

B
Same situation as "A", but regrets ever sleeping with him and vows that if she were sober she wouldn't have came onto him.

C
Both the man and woman are equally drunk. The man pursues her and she agrees to have sex. The next day she has no regrets at all.

D
Same situation as "C" but she regrets ever sleeping with him.

E
A man is drunk and the woman is sober. The woman totally takes advantage of him and he enjoys it the whole time. The next day he has no regrets whatsoever.

Only a fair court can decide that, there are many factors like how drunk one is and how sex was done.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2013, 12:24 pm

minervx wrote:
A
A woman is drunk and a man is sober. She strongly comes on to him, initiates almost every, and after she's persistent about it, he agrees to have sex with her. The next day, she doesn't regret it at all.

B
Same situation as "A", but regrets ever sleeping with him and vows that if she were sober she wouldn't have came onto him.

C
Both the man and woman are equally drunk. The man pursues her and she agrees to have sex. The next day she has no regrets at all.

D
Same situation as "C" but she regrets ever sleeping with him.

E
A man is drunk and the woman is sober. The woman totally takes advantage of him and he enjoys it the whole time. The next day he has no regrets whatsoever.

None of the above.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Ladywoofwoof
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2013, 12:29 pm

Tequila wrote:
Ladywoofwoof wrote:

Rape is illegal.

.. and grass is green.

Trousers have two legs, and toast is heated bread.

Your point being ?

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2013, 12:31 pm

Ladywoofwoof wrote:
Your point being ?

It's difficult to enforce.

Rules regarding drunkenness in public are rarely enforced here at the moment as it is.

Ladywoofwoof
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2013, 12:48 pm

(shrug) The rule against rape is also often difficult to enforce, but that doesn't mean there shouldn't be a law against it.
Of course, it would help if a law against being antisocially drunk in public was actually enforced properly.

Shuucreme
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Aug 2013, 1:37 pm

appletheclown wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Embrace true Islam and none of these cases would occur.

Embrace Russian orthodoxy, or Rasputin will eat your dreams!

OMG this is great hahaha Rasputin really does look like a soul dream eater

Shuucreme
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Aug 2013, 1:39 pm

Tequila wrote:
Shuucreme wrote:
Tbh I think it all depends on how one looks at it. You could make a case out of A, B, and E because one party did not have full control over mental facilities--ergo, they may not have been coherent enough to give actual "consent". C and D, with both parties intoxicated would probably be considered "poor judgement" as long as both parties agreed and were adults.

It really does all depend on how pissed they were.

Agreed. Everyone has a different alcohol tolerance. I guess it depends on if one is willing to argue that even the slightest bit of impairment=not able to give consent.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2013, 3:26 pm

If are able to consent to getting drunk, your choices and situations are yours to deal with.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2013, 3:30 pm

appletheclown wrote:
If are able to consent to getting drunk, your choices and situations are yours to deal with.

To a point, but if someone is that intoxicated that they don't know what they are doing, they are not able to consent to anything. Same as being asleep.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2013, 3:49 pm

Tequila wrote:
appletheclown wrote:

To a point, but if someone is that intoxicated that they don't know what they are doing, they are not able to consent to anything. Same as being asleep.

The point is, if your can't control your self, don't start drinking at all, that is why people need to be held accountable. You're saying (Hypothetical) it wasn't my fault I got drunk, and got some woman pregnant? It is still my child! I don't have to be like any other lousy man and walk away from that type of ordeal. I'd raise the kid myself if I had to. (hypothetical) Obviously this is useless trying to explain, and a pointless effort as well.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

11 Aug 2013, 4:05 pm

If it is rape on the bases of the rapee was intoxicated so he/she could not cosent; the same rules should apply when the rapist was intoxicated & he/she should be deemed incapible of making the informed judgement sense the rapee cant when he/she is intoxicated. I cant grasp how it's not a double standard if the same rules don't apply equally to the rapist & rapee.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2013, 4:17 pm

drunk rape is disgusting

albedo
Toucan
Toucan

11 Aug 2013, 4:20 pm

Any rape is disgusting.

I find simulated rape disgusting, but people partake in it legally.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2013, 4:31 pm

nick007 wrote:
If it is rape on the bases of the rapee was intoxicated so he/she could not cosent; the same rules should apply when the rapist was intoxicated & he/she should be deemed incapible of making the informed judgement sense the rapee cant when he/she is intoxicated. I cant grasp how it's not a double standard if the same rules don't apply equally to the rapist & rapee.

Here is why it's not a double standard.

If the rape occurred because the victim was barely mobile or passed out a rapist in the same position would be physically unable to rape.

Being drunk does not give you a free pass to commit crimes but it doesn't stop you from being a victim of a crime either.