Page 1 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

MyFutureSelfnMe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2013, 1:13 pm

Men rarely get unsolicited messages on OkCupid. I had an excellent profile and good results with women I took initiative with, but even then my unsolicited contacts pretty much amounted to 1 or 2 when I would change something in my profile and end up in the news feed. The girls who did were all lower quality than the ones I would initiate with.

I would never use OkCupid outside a major city. The quality isn't there.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2013, 1:25 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Most of my dates were from there but I've stopped frequenting it - now there are 0 message activity. Yes, if you are a male and not close to perfect then you won't get any message.

Fixed.

Yes, cynical, but true sadly enough.

lost561
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2013, 1:46 pm

Uprising wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Most of my dates were from there but I've stopped frequenting it - now there are 0 message activity. Yes, if you are a male and not close to perfect then you won't get any message.

Fixed.

Yes, cynical, but true sadly enough.

The same can't be said if you're a female; if you're a woman, all you have to do is not be ugly or overweight and you will get messages.. Probably a lot of messages.

MyFutureSelfnMe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2013, 1:58 pm

How is that cynical? It's just the way it is. I don't feel bad about it.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2013, 2:04 pm

And you know what's funny, I've been in contact with those I've dated from okc and they *all* (a dozen) still active and single to this day, so weird.

MyFutureSelfnMe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2013, 2:06 pm

That is weird. Now that you mention it, I wouldn't say *all*, but it has been a trend.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2013, 2:08 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
And you know what's funny, I've been in contact with those I've dated from okc and they *all* (a dozen) still active and single to this day, so weird.

It's probably because they CAN.

Just like the big guys can dodge taxes, but the average joes can't.

lost561
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2013, 2:11 pm

Uprising wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I don't think anybody is saying that it's wrong.

If I could manipulate people with looks and body parts than I would too.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2013, 2:18 pm

lost561 wrote:
Uprising wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Yeah but if you would do the same as those girls on okcupid do, would you get away with it the way they do?

Or will your popularity on okcupid decrease?

Life is all about having the fine balance between being a cock and being able to back up your cockiness with what are considered to be your qualities to society.

lost561
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2013, 2:24 pm

Uprising wrote:
lost561 wrote:
Uprising wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Yeah but if you would do the same as those girls on okcupid do, would you get away with it the way they do?

Life is all about having the fine balance between being a cock and being able to back up your cockiness with what are considered to be your qualities to society.

I don't really understand the question.

I can't pull the same moves as most women can on ok Cupid can. I'm a dude.

There's really only 2 things that effect a woman's market value when it comes to sexual attraction: 1.looks & 2. How many guys she has slept with. It's hard to know how many guys the woman has slept with unless she tells you the truth.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2013, 2:33 pm

lost561 wrote:
Uprising wrote:
lost561 wrote:
Uprising wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I don't really understand the question.

I can't pull the same moves as most women can on ok Cupid can. I'm a dude.

There's really only 2 things that effect a woman's market value when it comes to sexual attraction: 1.looks & 2. How many guys she has slept with. It's hard to know how many guys the woman has slept with unless she tells you the truth.

I'm just saying that guys in general can't pull off the same s**t that hot women can, purely because of the fact that hot women have more societal value compared to guys no matter how hot or ugly those guys are.

On rate-me sites guys generally get a way lower score than girls by both genders really despite of everything, it's just the way the world works these days and I doubt it will ever change.

Mike_the_EE
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Oct 2013, 2:50 pm

Well, I hate to break with the majority here. But my experience on OKCuipd has been great. I received an unsolicited message from a really wonderful woman. The only problem is that she lives in another state. We messaged for weeks, then moved to email and phone and next week I am flying to Colorado so we can meet. I have disabled my OKC account and will probably delete it after this trip. I really don't want to do the long distance relationship thing, but she is worth it.

Aspie Score 141 of 200
NT Score 50 of 200

MyFutureSelfnMe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2013, 3:13 pm

Mike_the_EE wrote:
Well, I hate to break with the majority here. But my experience on OKCuipd has been great. I received an unsolicited message from a really wonderful woman. The only problem is that she lives in another state. We messaged for weeks, then moved to email and phone and next week I am flying to Colorado so we can meet. I have disabled my OKC account and will probably delete it after this trip. I really don't want to do the long distance relationship thing, but she is worth it.

I hope she is. Please keep enough doubt in the back of your mind to stay somewhat rational. I say this while being happy for you.

Mike_the_EE
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Oct 2013, 4:01 pm

MyFutureSelfnMe wrote:
I hope she is. Please keep enough doubt in the back of your mind to stay somewhat rational. I say this while being happy for you.

Oh absolutely! I fully realize that there are a few thousand things that could sink this thing, she does as well. We have exchanged hundreds (literally) of messages and spent many, many hours on the phone over the course of several months. We know each other about as well as it is possible to without actually meeting. If we come anywhere near matching each others mental picture of the other then this will be great. One or both of us may be disappointed, however. We'll find out, one way or the other, in a few days.

Aspie Score 141 of 200
NT Score 50 of 200

Codyrules37
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2013, 9:59 am

I did, I set up a Lord Voldemort account and I got 5 messages. But the account was shut down

Codyrules37
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2013, 10:02 am

I did, I set up a Lord Voldemort account and I got 5 messages. But the account was shut down