Mother charged with attempted murder of autistic daughter

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

09 Oct 2013, 1:03 am

Hey check this out!

http://silversarcasm.tumblr.com/post/60 ... r-eugenics

These are some responses to an article about the attempted murder of Issy Stapleton. These attitudes expressed are not limited to just her, and the ones that are about her are still horrific.

When people start pushing for sympathy for the murderer (or attempted murderer) this promotes the idea that it's not as bad to kill autistic (or otherwise disabled children).

RubyWings91
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Oct 2013, 10:38 am

Why is it that all the articles seem to be showing sympathy for this girls parents but not her? It burns be up. This 14 year old girl has been betrayed and nearly murdered by her mother and her life will never be the same. Yet there are all these articles and responses that seem to empathize with the poor mother who was pushed to this point. Disgusting.

And while it may seem bad to some that the father is being investigated, I think it's very necessary for Isabel's safety as well as that of her sisters' that they make sure the man living under the same roof is actually safe. It could be possible that he had no idea how bad things were. I know my dad had no idea that my mom hit me sometimes until after she moved away and I was willing to talk about it without fear. The thing is that, we can't rule out the possibility that this man was a major influence in this situation. Until authorities are sure that these children are in a safe environment, they should continue with this investigation.

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2013, 11:45 am

Verdandi wrote:

wtf? 8O

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2013, 12:04 pm

I saw a thread on a childfree board about this and the OP linked to another article about it but it's not founded anymore but it mentioned the Issy also abused her sister. I totally felt angry about it and felt less sympathy for the girl. I have no respect nor sympathy for abusers. Gee I wonder what was the sister doing to provoke the abuse. :roll: I think that is even more disgusting to dismiss the abuse she did.

Let's see if I can try and find that thread again. I do agree with one comment in the link Virandi posted, I think violent kids should be locked up and mom told me if I ever hit her again, she will send me away and have me locked in a hospital where I can get help. I stopped trying to have ODD like my aspie friend and started to hate him and everyone else like him.

I will tell my son once he starts abusing me and threatening us, he is out of here. If he can't help it, too bad, we are not safe, no one is safe, we lock away criminals and rapists and child molesters even if they can't help it and the world is safe from them so why not violent people? Oh we do lock away violent people if they have committed a crime but why not do that to kids? Some kids do go to detention center for assault.

I have noticed it's okay to think child molesters and abusers should burn in hell and be locked up but think this about violent kids, oh no that is so wrong. Really not all kids are innocent, ever seen The Bad Seed or The Good Son. People have called those movies disturbing because kids are supposed to be innocent but Henry and Rhoda were evil. But because they are movies, people will refuse to believe there can actually be kids out there who are not so innocent. But hey people don't show sympathy for those kids even though they are not even real. But if you're autistic, oh no you get sympathy and no one has no right to be a victim of them. It's always the victims fault if they are getting abused. Oh yeah the mother did attempt to kill Rhoda and then she attempts to kill herself due to remorse but lives and Rhoda lives too but dies from getting struck by lightning and at the end of The Good Son, the mother could only save one child so she let go of her son's hand and saved her nephew. But I could tell she didn't want to do it but she did so she let go without watching him fall to his death. Then she looked after saving her nephew and his body gets washed away by the waves. I bet if those kids were autistic, oh no wrong for anyone to be victims and to try and kill them and wrong for the mother to not save her son and she should have let go of her nephew's hand. It's okay to endanger everyone else's lives and you have to endanger your own. Or I can just get my own kid arrested so he or she will get charged and be locked away unless I am willing to have my child get killed from self defense if he or she decides to attack them with a knife.

Here is another thing that pisses me off, when someone does abuse, the abuser also blames it on other people by saying the victim provokes it but we always make them the bad guys and they also have issues too like with anger but when they are autistic, it's the victim's fault and we have to ASSume the person must have done something to provoke it. Why is autism a free pass and an exception but not everything else? I was never given a free pass, why should everyone else with it? Luckily I never sent my mother to the hospital.

Honestly if I had a child who was an abuser and I was in danger and so were my other kids or other people, I would probably do what Kelli did, sacrifice myself by killing my child like in The Bad Seed and then kill myself because I know people will never understand and my life is already over. Sure I could keep the kid tied or locked in their room to protect everyone and myself but then it will be child abuse and f**k if you are in danger and all your other kids. You have to be god and how the f**k do you control an abuser? Or I will just threaten to kill my child if they make me take him/her home and then myself just so all my kids can get taken because it will be the only way to protect them and have them be safe from the child and I would be safe too and maybe the kid will get more help even if it means I may be locked away too but hey sometimes you have to threaten suicide to get attention so you get the help you need or threaten to hurt someone else to get the help you need. Or maybe I would just dump the child at social services and let everyone else be in danger in their foster home but if my husband wanted to keep the child, I would leave him with our other kids and he can allow himself to get abused by our child. So yeah there are other options I just listed Kelli could have done instead. There are also group homes and I am sure they have professionals there who know how to handle violent kids who are size of adults and be able to restrain them. They sacrifice themselves taking care of them.

I can't find that thread after trying to find it for 15 pages as I was typing all this. Maybe it got moved to the members section.

Well this article mentions she targeted her little sister.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/0 ... 79302.html

I wonder if the girl had other problems besides autism.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

grahamguitarman
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Oct 2013, 3:07 pm

League_Girl wrote:
I saw a thread on a childfree board about this and the OP linked to another article about it but it's not founded anymore but it mentioned the Issy also abused her sister. I totally felt angry about it and felt less sympathy for the girl. I have no respect nor sympathy for abusers. Gee I wonder what was the sister doing to provoke the abuse. :roll: I think that is even more disgusting to dismiss the abuse she did.

Let's see if I can try and find that thread again. I do agree with one comment in the link Virandi posted, I think violent kids should be locked up and mom told me if I ever hit her again, she will send me away and have me locked in a hospital where I can get help. I stopped trying to have ODD like my aspie friend and started to hate him and everyone else like him.

I will tell my son once he starts abusing me and threatening us, he is out of here. If he can't help it, too bad, we are not safe, no one is safe, we lock away criminals and rapists and child molesters even if they can't help it and the world is safe from them so why not violent people? Oh we do lock away violent people if they have committed a crime but why not do that to kids? Some kids do go to detention center for assault.

I have noticed it's okay to think child molesters and abusers should burn in hell and be locked up but think this about violent kids, oh no that is so wrong. Really not all kids are innocent, ever seen The Bad Seed or The Good Son. People have called those movies disturbing because kids are supposed to be innocent but Henry and Rhoda were evil. But because they are movies, people will refuse to believe there can actually be kids out there who are not so innocent. But hey people don't show sympathy for those kids even though they are not even real. But if you're autistic, oh no you get sympathy and no one has no right to be a victim of them. It's always the victims fault if they are getting abused. Oh yeah the mother did attempt to kill Rhoda and then she attempts to kill herself due to remorse but lives and Rhoda lives too but dies from getting struck by lightning and at the end of The Good Son, the mother could only save one child so she let go of her son's hand and saved her nephew. But I could tell she didn't want to do it but she did so she let go without watching him fall to his death. Then she looked after saving her nephew and his body gets washed away by the waves. I bet if those kids were autistic, oh no wrong for anyone to be victims and to try and kill them and wrong for the mother to not save her son and she should have let go of her nephew's hand. It's okay to endanger everyone else's lives and you have to endanger your own. Or I can just get my own kid arrested so he or she will get charged and be locked away unless I am willing to have my child get killed from self defense if he or she decides to attack them with a knife.

Here is another thing that pisses me off, when someone does abuse, the abuser also blames it on other people by saying the victim provokes it but we always make them the bad guys and they also have issues too like with anger but when they are autistic, it's the victim's fault and we have to ASSume the person must have done something to provoke it. Why is autism a free pass and an exception but not everything else? I was never given a free pass, why should everyone else with it? Luckily I never sent my mother to the hospital.

Honestly if I had a child who was an abuser and I was in danger and so were my other kids or other people, I would probably do what Kelli did, sacrifice myself by killing my child like in The Bad Seed and then kill myself because I know people will never understand and my life is already over. Sure I could keep the kid tied or locked in their room to protect everyone and myself but then it will be child abuse and f**k if you are in danger and all your other kids. You have to be god and how the f**k do you control an abuser? Or I will just threaten to kill my child if they make me take him/her home and then myself just so all my kids can get taken because it will be the only way to protect them and have them be safe from the child and I would be safe too and maybe the kid will get more help even if it means I may be locked away too but hey sometimes you have to threaten suicide to get attention so you get the help you need or threaten to hurt someone else to get the help you need. Or maybe I would just dump the child at social services and let everyone else be in danger in their foster home but if my husband wanted to keep the child, I would leave him with our other kids and he can allow himself to get abused by our child. So yeah there are other options I just listed Kelli could have done instead. There are also group homes and I am sure they have professionals there who know how to handle violent kids who are size of adults and be able to restrain them. They sacrifice themselves taking care of them.

I can't find that thread after trying to find it for 15 pages as I was typing all this. Maybe it got moved to the members section.

Well this article mentions she targeted her little sister.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/0 ... 79302.html

I wonder if the girl had other problems besides autism.

You are using movies to justify attempted murder? You do realise they are made up don't you?

I have Autism. My communication difficulties mean that I sometimes get words wrong, that what I mean is not what comes out.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2013, 4:10 pm

Yes they are made up but Issy was an abusive violent SOB. Why does she get sympathy and other abusers do not? Be autistic and you will get it. f**k the victims, f**k the parents and the brother and sister, who cares if they get abused, who cares if the little sister was getting it too. The father only had to get little of it. What a sick world we live in. :evil:

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

09 Oct 2013, 8:38 pm

:roll:

My sister was abusive toward me as a child and a teenager, just like she is as an adult. I know that children can be abusive. However, you will note that I never locked my sister up in a vehicle and tried to asphyxiate her.

No one is saying abuse is okay, but murder is not okay and when you promote the idea that murder of autistic children is acceptable, lots of people are willing to express agreement with that stance. When people talk about how awful it must be for the parents to have an autistic child and make excuses for murder and attempted murder, it only encourages more of this hatred.

But yeah, let's pretend like this is just an isolated case with special circumstances and has nothing to do with the fact that so many parents murder their autistic children.

Oh, and read this and maybe what I am saying will make more sense:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/emilywillin ... -to-blame/

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2013, 8:43 pm

And this is because when people read "autistic girl Issy Stapleton was physically violent" what they think is "autistic people are violent."

Read those comments again. They're talking about autistic children in general, not just one person.

I also challenge you to find one person who argued that abuse should be okay.