Can autistic girls only attract autistic men? Just wondering

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

amicdeep
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Dec 2013, 8:01 pm

I have a sister that's in a similar situation (we both have Asperger's and so bounce ideas around to try and find ways around things) we found for both of us touch was the key.(and not in a sexual way infact most seems to be platonic) most np do it without thinking or being aware of doing it and almost all of it is nonsexual but people with Asperger's (mainly using ourselves as examples) don't no matter how well we chatted and spent time with people. it wasn't automatic and was uncomftable to learn. but people seem to feel closure emotionally when touched and seem to show it back it the same way. and touch can be escalated to sexual contact far easier than staring from scratch.
hope this helps

MadeUnderground
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2013, 4:51 pm

Yes it's possible for autistic women to attract neurotypicals. I don't understand the question, really.

There are no absolutes in life.

The one ASD girl I knew was crazy in love with an ASD guy but there were SO many NT guys that were crazy about her, despite how nuts she was (she was funny, nice, but I have no other way to describe her but a little nuts.. obsessive, controlling, stalking, physically violent, etc). Granted, the guys into her were what many people would consider "odd" but they were NT nonetheless.

And I have a question, for the guys that you do attract that are more introverted, how do you know they are ASD?

Also there are many variations of extroverted and introverted people. To be extroverts are people who ENJOY surrounding themselves by people and do so most of the time. Introverts being the opposite.

However, you may have an outgoing person who is introverted, (like myself). If I am surrounded by people I am very outgoing, friendly, funny, what not.. But I strongly prefer to be by myself and I will try to avoid being around people or leave as soon as I can.

So is your dating preference NT's or are you just wanting to try something new? I find this interesting because I am the exact opposite.
I strongly prefer a woman on the spectrum but that could be that all the women I've dated were NT's..

LucySnowe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Dec 2013, 4:56 pm

I'm typically attracted to NTs, but I've noticed that the types of guys I tend to attract are other Aspies or men with Aspie traits. I have no idea why, though.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2013, 5:15 pm

Ferrus91 wrote:
Isn't it kind of funny that if the OP had've been male and talking about fat girls, he would've had someone jump down his throat by now.

Especially ironic as fat girls have the option of not being fat by eating less and exercising more. Changing the structure of your neurology is a trifle more difficult, but of course we're much more to blame regardless.

Ferrus91 wrote:
Right because people with aspergers have bad social skills because they simply 'don't care'. I understand what you're saying and you are entitled to feel that way - but if you insist on making tacit moral judgements on an aspie forum about how a neurological condition is really just reducible to some kind of choice or laziness, then I think you should expect to get short shrift.

Says bloody he!

leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2013, 5:15 pm

I think I attract odd people. I am obviously quite odd and 'normal' people find me a bit scary, probably. I say this because everyone is always really enthusiastic when they first meet me but then as soon as I start talking, you can see the change on their face from "Oh isn't this a lovely looking plush toy" to "OMG it's a Gremlin!"

NB MadeUnderground your new pic makes you look so sad. I feel like crying. Has someone upset you?

MadeUnderground
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2013, 5:35 pm

leafplant wrote:
I
NB MadeUnderground your new pic makes you look so sad. I feel like crying. Has someone upset you?

That's just my normal facial expression. The last avi pic was abnormal since I was smiling.

I'm sorry my face makes you want to cry. That makes me a sad panda. :(

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2013, 5:37 pm

Lol, take a look at the L&D forum now you're in it.

It basically only exists out of threads about aspie to NT relationships these days.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2013, 5:42 pm

No, they can't, you're gonna die with an old autie man.

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2013, 10:03 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

This^

Better learn to like trains lady. That's all he'll talk about.........

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2013, 11:54 am

Yes, they can. I attact NT men.

FabianV
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Dec 2013, 3:15 pm

I think the issue is that flirting is often subtle and aspies/autists, for obvious reasons, won't pick up on it- so naturally, we're often oblivious to the opposite sexes interest, unless said individual comes on pretty strongly, ARGH.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2013, 6:26 am

I have AS and my husband of almost 27 years is NT, my ex husband of a little over a year is NT, and all the guys I've ever dated were NT's. I was diagnosed with AS in my 40's. I'll be 50 in the spring.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2013, 2:43 am

Geekonychus wrote:
Autistic men are gross. You should stay away. Far away.......

good advise :thumleft:

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2013, 2:47 am

AdamAutistic wrote:
Geekonychus wrote:
Autistic men are gross. You should stay away. Far away.......

i find them attactive.

I've been approached by gay men , it's strange as I don't believe I give off that vibe.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2013, 2:52 am

Geekonychus wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

This^

Better learn to like trains lady. That's all he'll talk about.........

and planes and automobiles .

planes , trains and auto mobiles wasn't that a film ?

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2013, 4:42 am

I don't attract any men IRL and outside of one guy that I barely know IRL, I do not know any aspie men. Certainly didn't know any aspie boys growing up.