Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

fibonaccispiral777
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Oct 2013, 3:15 am

I often get people saying i'm speaking gibberish and that what I am saying is not making any sense. I was debating with someone about Christianity. I am personally a non-believer, however I was questioning the reasons an atheist disbelieved. They said that the notion of Jesus was nonsensical and asked why he would need to create Jesus and I said 'since he himself cannot interact with the physical world'. They then said 'But how can he create that which he is not a part of?' and this is what I said, which was deemed complete nonsense. I was not trying to be pretentious in anyway, it made perfect sense to me. This is what I said-

'Yes, however God is defined by the fact that he is able to create that which he himself is not part of and thus if he were to lose such an aspect of his being, he would no longer be defined as that which he is. Sorry you probably think I'm stupid. I'm trying to think of an analogy(to something creating something else that that something cannot interact with). I suppose in the world of Quantum Physics, quantum particles behave very differently to how macrocosmic entities behave even though they themselves have created such entities. They create that which they cannot be.'

I hope that makes the tiniest bit of sense to someone on this forum, otherwise I am going mad. :cry:

FallingDownMan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Oct 2013, 8:39 am

What you have written here sounds like something of extreme intelligence, not gibberish. It almost sounds like something out of a really old book. You know, like how they wrote 200 or 300 years ago.

I on the other hand do speak gibberish when I get too many people around me. Sometimes I will swap syblellas, or wap swords... swap syllables or swap words with each other. I will say things like, "You know that smoodle pinkered and that I want to get him round and take care of him like you want before."

What you wrote here sounds perfectly fine.

Opi
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Oct 2013, 11:51 am

i don't think what you are saying is gibberish, but for some reason i do find it hard to follow sometimes. I'm not really sure what it is, but it's something to do with your sentence structure.

i tend to get rather wordy. i do know it can make my sentences hard to follow. sometimes i have to consciously break up one long sentence into several sentences. it just makes it easier to read. maybe you could try that.

24 - HSP / ADD Quiz- 41, Inattention: 24, Hyperactive/Impulsive: 17
"Odd and different is beautiful" -- Tyra Banks

AdamAutistic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2013, 3:56 pm

i am fluent in gibberish.

joejoe1298
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Oct 2013, 4:54 pm

fibonaccispiral777, what you wrote does not seem like gibberish to me. It makes sense to me, and it does seem intelligent. It seems like someone would need to put a little thinking in to understand you, though.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2013, 5:22 pm

It does make sense and in fact a science fiction writer used it as the premise of a novel. I wish I could remember the name but I've read so many sci fi novels that it's hard to remember names. But I remember plots. What you said (more or less) was given as an explanation for Jesus's appearance as a human. The novel had Jesus as a character but that doesn't narrow it down much. Lots of sci fi novels do. Anyhow, not gibberish. But it will probably resonate most with people who read a lot of sci fi and philosophy majors. If this guy fits either (or both) of those categories then maybe he did in fact understand you but disagreed. Sometimes people use "you're talking gibberish/nonsense" to mean "I disagree".

Opi
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Oct 2013, 6:02 pm

Janissy wrote:
Sometimes people use "you're talking gibberish/nonsense" to mean "I disagree".

i really do love it when people translate. this is the stuff that confuses the hell out of me.

24 - HSP / ADD Quiz- 41, Inattention: 24, Hyperactive/Impulsive: 17
"Odd and different is beautiful" -- Tyra Banks