Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2013, 7:40 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mqxytLEDXw

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2013, 9:51 pm

if even a fraction of them are legit, even just one, then we are not alone in the universe. the only alternative to that scenario, is if that one is ours.

Suncatcher
Toucan
Toucan

08 Jan 2016, 5:30 pm

auntblabby wrote:
if even a fraction of them are legit, even just one, then we are not alone in the universe. the only alternative to that scenario, is if that one is ours.

Assuming that 90% is fake (that is, most stuff i see in videoclips are obviously edited)

I heavely believe in science. However, there are some things that cannot be explained, nor do i believe the FAA and such organisations that all the sightings can be explained by natural phenomenon like ball lightning, false echo's on radars or weather baloons.

Things like, the foo fighter (ww2) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foo_fighter

Or the belgian UFO wave which not only has thousands of viewers, including several policemen but also a radar lockon from an f16.

The explanation of that..? A false echo, and 'mass hallucination'. A photo showing a UFO in that event that became world famous is now known to be a hoax. However, others have taken photos aswell.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgian_UFO_wave

And ofcourse, thousand of stories from astronauts, pilots etc that all saw something very strange indeed.

I still take everything with a huge grain of salt tho.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2016, 5:33 pm

another possible alternative, is if they are us from the far future time-travelling to their distant past/our present.

Suncatcher
Toucan
Toucan

08 Jan 2016, 7:18 pm

auntblabby wrote:
another possible alternative, is if they are us from the far future time-travelling to their distant past/our present.

Could be possible. The only way to travel faster than the speed of light is to fold or bend space-time,

Star trek in a nutshell.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2016, 7:50 pm

Suncatcher wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Could be possible. The only way to travel faster than the speed of light is to fold or bend space-time,

Star trek in a nutshell.

assuming we don't destroy ourselves/devolve into a pre-technological quasi-civilization, I believe it will take another thousand years or so before we get to the point depicted in star trek as the 23rd century. IOW gene Roddenberry was wildly optimistic by at least 7 centuries, about the rapidity/trajectory of mankind's technological development in the future. I believe the human brain has to first evolve up to the next magnitude level of intelligence.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2016, 8:10 pm

It never ceases to amaze me how often alcohol, drugs, fatigue, or ignorance are involved in UFO sightings.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Suncatcher
Toucan
Toucan

08 Jan 2016, 11:11 pm

Fnord wrote:
It never ceases to amaze me how often alcohol, drugs, fatigue, or ignorance are involved in UFO sightings.

Still true for 99% of the sightings.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2016, 1:41 pm

Suncatcher wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Still true for 99% of the sightings.
True for 100% of UFO sightings.

The "U" stands for "Unidentified", which is ignorance of identity.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.