Page 3 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Otherside
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Nov 2013, 7:50 am

aussiebloke wrote:
^^^

I agree people are idiots I do not comment on peoples bad back etc as I am not a Dr nor do i have one people should remain silent on these matters as it only confirms what a fool these persons are the saying better to keep quite etc .

Any how I suffer from "severe" anxiety disorder + panic disorder and the best adive I got here 8O is don't fight the "SCREAM " :wink: do you like that painting Sunshower like a bad trip if you fight it it only makes it worse so I "go with the flow" even if it makes me an abnoixious giggling @ lucky for me this sort of stuff happens at the end of the day so few witness it :D in fact I see diasabilty services this week and will ask for a morning job as the nervous energy is accumlative so in the morining I'm usually sort of ok .

Good thing with a DX and medication you can work through it all to manage better I had no idea heat was bad for persons like us, in fact I was quite clueless in the past 8O

Odd, I've been told to fight it. Avoiding things make it worse. But then I guess it becomes a balance between avoiding all and everything that makes you anxious, and not doing things which are anxiety inducing.

A few people have seen my panic attacks. It's embarrasing.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2013, 3:52 pm

8O

sunshower wrote:
aussiebloke wrote:
^^^

I agree people are idiots I do not comment on peoples bad back etc as I am not a Dr nor do i have one people should remain silent on these matters as it only confirms what a fool these persons are the saying better to keep quite etc .

Any how I suffer from "severe" anxiety disorder + panic disorder and the best adive I got here 8O is don't fight the "SCREAM " :wink: do you like that painting Sunshower like a bad trip if you fight it it only makes it worse so I "go with the flow" even if it makes me an abnoixious giggling @ lucky for me this sort of stuff happens at the end of the day so few witness it :D in fact I see diasabilty services this week and will ask for a morning job as the nervous energy is accumlative so in the morining I'm usually sort of ok .

Good thing with a DX and medication you can work through it all to manage better I had no idea heat was bad for persons like us, in fact I was quite clueless in the past 8O

yes, it's a good painting.

though you don't have anxiety you see the depression songs /paintings I see here and else where may as well be alien to me 8O , The Scream the 1 st time I saw it I had an ah ha moment and to think druggies chase this type of " feeling " 8O since your an artist why not post a depressive painting , perhaps even a original Sunshower :wink:

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2013, 3:53 pm

Otherside wrote:
aussiebloke wrote:
^^^

Odd, I've been told to fight it. Avoiding things make it worse. But then I guess it becomes a balance between avoiding all and everything that makes you anxious, and not doing things which are anxiety inducing.

really by whom ?

Otherside
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Nov 2013, 4:24 pm

aussiebloke wrote:
Otherside wrote:
aussiebloke wrote:
^^^

really by whom ?

My psychiatrist, two psychologists, an occupational therapist and a councillor.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2013, 5:00 pm

So I'm supposed to sit under florescents, take a sauna , and than go sit next to a flickering window so I can build "tolerance" to it.?

I think you may have missed my point I was talking about de realization/personalization don't fight that ! I find that "helps" ,fighting it only makes the panic attacks worse

Otherside
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Nov 2013, 5:47 pm

aussiebloke wrote:
So I'm supposed to sit under florescents, take a sauna , and than go sit next to a flickering window so I can build "tolerance" to it.?

Where did that come from?

aussiebloke wrote:
I think you may have missed my point I was talking about de realization/personalization don't fight that ! I find that "helps" ,fighting it only makes the panic attacks worse

Anxiety gets worse before it can better. I haven't missed your point. If you avoid everything that makes you anxious, you're only going to end up making it worse. I've never been told to fight it full on. But you can't just sit around doing nothing and hoping it will go away one day. It doesn't work like that. It's not "magically" going to get better. And that is what any therapist or anyone you go to get treatment will tell you. That unless you face it somehow, it won't go away, there's no magic cure, and it may well get worse before it gets better.

Not that I'm exactly a role model to that theory, but sitting around avoiding things does nothing for anxiety, panic attacks, derealization, depersonalization.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2013, 6:11 pm

^^^^

well I have "past head injurys"to add to that list so it may be a little more complicated apparently senstivity to light esp so sunlight is a big problem check www and words such as "horrendous"is mentioned :cry:

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2013, 6:15 pm

well I agree with you "siting around" is not good though I'm not going to spend 8 hours a day working at a supermarket , hence why I'm only going to work part time perhaps in a cinema cool and dark :heart:

Otherside
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Nov 2013, 6:23 pm

aussiebloke wrote:
well I agree with you "siting around" is not good though I'm not going to spend 8 hours a day working at a supermarket , hence why I'm only going to work part time perhaps in a cinema cool and dark :heart:

Yeah, I have to agree with you there, and although we can't just sit around doing nothing and have to try, trying to hard can make it worse. It's about getting a balance between not doing anything, and facing the anxiety. It would be pretty hypocritical of me to tell you to get a full time job anyway. I'm not doing that anyways at the moment.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2013, 6:33 pm

Well it's nice to know theirs understanding people when I saw the disability services I told her I wont take public transport (I'll ride a bicycle) she knew straight away it was re;ated to glass flicker etc.Most people don't realise most disability is not the "medeterian back" ie bad back (Australian saying in the 60'sand 70's quite a long story to it) but in fact depressive/anxiety related yet the government continue to define disability on ads as someone in a wheel chair or intellectual problems :roll:

ps I'd like to be revenue neutural work enough to not recieve payment from the governemnt yet still recieve the discounts that come with it eg discount on land rates etc no way I could do fulll time .

pps for those that think I'm lazy I used to work full time + :D

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2013, 9:23 pm

well I've got some good news to me don't lose hope I've read the "average" for Paxil to take it's full effect is 6-8 weeks I'm almost to :oops: to admit how long I"ve been on it.

kotshka
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2013, 5:44 pm

Here's a question for you fellow comorbid folks: do you have to deal with a lot of accusations of hypochondria?

I have autism (100% sure), several physical problems such as scoliosis and weak/damaged joints from injuries and tendinitis (100% sure), HPPD (100% sure), and I'm still trying to find ways to get the rest of my issues diagnosed, but I'm about 85% sure I have narcolepsy (I have ALL the symptoms, including falling asleep at inappropriate times such as at work, and stress makes me sleepy) and bipolar disorder (just started a new thread detailing my current mania and asking for advice).

Being the logical, analytical person I am, I do a lot of research (not just Wikipedia and WebMD s**t, but actual books, scientific articles, etc.) as part of my search for answers. I want to know what's wrong with me, why these things happen, and what, if anything, can be done about it. But whenever I bring up one of these problems, people roll their eyes and start crying hypochondria. The general attitude among people seems to be that there simply can't be that much wrong with a single person, and if that person is well-informed about the details of these issues, it must be a case of "they read it on the internet and convinced themselves that they have it" and there's nothing really wrong. I get no support, only ridicule. Even well-intentioned people who care about me spend all their energy trying to persuade me that I'm worrying about nothing, ignoring the very real problems I face every day. I'm pretty sure you can't hypochondria-anxiety yourself into falling asleep in stressful situations, or not sleeping or eating for almost a week but not being able to stop moving or talking. I'm pretty damn sure I'm not just imagining this stuff. It would be nice to have some actual support.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2013, 7:00 pm

My Asperger's isn't formally diagnosed and my only diagnosis relating to that is dyspraxia (I have been told I'm probably on the spectrum, though.)

I have a long history of sometimes severe major depression, including psychotic depression. I'm currently fine and don't need any medication right now, though. It funny how some basic changes to my life made me feel better when I was so ill before. I hope I don't get ill again. If I do, I might have much better coping strategies than I used to, but FML.

Girlwithaspergers
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2013, 8:11 am

I have:
-Aspergers
-ADD/ADHD
-Generalized Anxiety Disorder
-Oppositional Defiance Disorder
-Sensory Integration Disfunction
-Depression
-Selective Eating Disorder
-Possible bipolar
-OCD
-drug addiction
-possible schizophrenia
- almost certainly hyperlexic
-possible savant syndrome
-possible tourettes?
-Polycystic ovaries
-hypoglycemia
-chronic migraines
-paranoia
-problems with personal/sexual identity & possible multiple personalities
-you get the point

aspiesavant
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2015, 5:41 pm

The distinction between Autism, Dyspraxia, Dyslexia, Bi-Polar Disorder, Schizophrenia, OCD, ADHD and Borderline Personality Disorder is not clear-cut.

There's a significant overlap in symptoms and genetic correlation between each of these "disorders". Co-morbidity is also very common.

Personally, I lean towards the notion that Autism, Dyspraxia, Dyslexia, Bi-Polar Disorder, Schizophrenia, OCD, ADHD and Borderline Personality Disorder are not individual conditions but as different expressions of the same spectrum.

I would also argue that these are not disorders, but normal variations within human behavior that have been pathologized for no other reason but the rather eccentric and unusual behavior of people within, which makes them more difficult to manipulate and control.

Zincubus
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2015, 8:18 am

DeviousDani wrote:
Does anyone else have a conjunction of Aspergers/Autism and mental illness?

Does anyone have Aspergers/Autism and Bipolar?
If so how does this affect you?

My mood swings are bad and I have depressive and manic episodes ( I am going to be assessed soon)

To be honest I just presumed that all those things .... autisitic traits , depression , mood swings , bipolar etc etc were all a GIVEN .... that they were all part of the joys of Aspergers ...