Arizona lawmaker refers to Obama as 'De Fuhrer' on Facebook

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

08 Oct 2013, 10:40 am

http://news.yahoo.com/arizona-de-fuhrer ... 42788.html - Open mouth, insert foot. This government shutdown has led to more bickering, but this is just the tipping point for me.

Keep it civil and clean when commenting, however, please.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Thelibrarian
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2013, 11:08 am

equestriatola wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/arizona-de-fuhrer-barton-obama-134942788.html - Open mouth, insert foot. This government shutdown has led to more bickering, but this is just the tipping point for me.

Keep it civil and clean when commenting, however, please.

This kind of name-calling is proof that liberals grow old without ever having grown up; it is the adult version of the cooties game. Mature adults would never invidiously resort to argumenta ad Hitlerum.

It is also ignorance. Fascism was where the state declared war on foreign countries or despised minority groups. As was the case with communism, liberalism is where the state declares war on its own citizens. I think it is obvious which of these two positions characterizes Obama.

Having said this, I think the greatest fear of politicians on both sides of the aisle is that life will go on during the shutdown, and people just might begin to realize that they don't need either Washington or the self-important politicians. I hope it stays shut down personally. We'll all be better off.

TheBicyclingGuitarist
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2013, 11:16 am

@Thelibrarian

It was a Republican who played the Hitler card, not a liberal.

When Obama won in 2012, Obamacare was one of his main platforms, so the people of the USA gave him a mandate to do this. It passed both houses of Congress legally AND survived a challenge in the Supreme Court. So for the conservatives to now claim that it is Obama or the Democrats who are responsible for this government shutdown is b.s. pure and simple. Talk about being immature. Sore losers maybe?

And how can providing better health care for its citizens be considered declaring war on them? Wow.

Thelibrarian
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2013, 11:21 am

TheBicyclingGuitarist wrote:
It was a Republican who played the Hitler card, not a liberal.

When Obama won in 2012, Obamacare was one of his main platforms, so the people of the USA gave him a mandate to do this. It passed both houses of Congress legally AND survived a challenge in the Supreme Court. So for the conservatives to now claim that it is Obama or the Democrats who are responsible for this government shutdown is b.s. pure and simple. Talk about being immature. Sore losers maybe?

And how can providing better health care for its citizens be considered declaring war on them? Wow.

Republicans ARE liberals. This explains why their conservative base is so disaffected with them. It is also why Obama won. The liberal Romney actually got three million fewer white votes than the liberal McCain got four years earlier. Had the GOP nominated a real conservative, he likely would have won.

As far as Obamacare goes, I don't have a dog in this fight. Obamacare stinks, but so does the status quo ante.

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2013, 11:33 am

By all means nominate a "real conservative" with a reactionary agenda. Easy win for the democrats in 2016. :thumright:

Thelibrarian
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2013, 11:43 am

Geekonychus wrote:
By all means nominate a "real conservative" with a reactionary agenda. Easy win for the democrats in 2016. :thumright:

Of course. You liberals are as wise and virtuous as we Americans are stupid and evil. Why, we'd be crazy not to take liberal advice on strategy. Everybody knows you have our best interests at heart....

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

08 Oct 2013, 1:44 pm

It's stories like these that makes me upset that Congress is run by a bunch of children.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2013, 1:55 pm

If the shoe fits, let it be worn.

Barak Obama thinks he is our elected King. I regularly refer to him as Lord Protector Obama. He is as comfortable to have in our republic as Oliver Cromwell was in England.

ruveyn