Page 1 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

ritualdrama
Toucan
Toucan

14 Oct 2013, 8:54 pm

People are so sad. I found this thread on the internet: http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=69903

TechnicalAmateur
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Oct 2013, 9:13 pm

Oi. I don't have AS and this made my blood boil.

I love PMs but have no clue how to start a conversation.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2013, 9:16 pm

Isn't that a satire site?

Only thing I didn't like that they had listed as a symptom was violent behavior.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2013, 9:18 pm

I would not take those hicks seriously. they are like barking dogs.

Kuribo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Oct 2013, 9:18 pm

The Landover Baptist Church is a parody. Although the posts there are still offensive, take comfort in the fact that they don't actually believe what they're saying.

If you search, that particular thread has been linked here on Wrong Planet on multiple occasions.

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2013, 11:18 pm

I can't f***ing believe these as*holes claim to be religious. Seriously? Their signatures say things like, "Just a regular nice guy" and "True Christian" while they're saying we're demon spawn ret*ds who should be locked up before we shoot people. If that's what a "true Christian" looks like, my god, this world is beyond screwed. I've never been personally attacked for my AS before, but this was a serious gut shot. How can these so-called carriers of a faith that supposedly wants to help people call us things like that? I feel horrible now.

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2013, 11:22 pm

Kuribo wrote:
The Landover Baptist Church is a parody. Although the posts there are still offensive, take comfort in the fact that they don't actually believe what they're saying.

If you search, that particular thread has been linked here on Wrong Planet on multiple occasions.

Well, it looks like you're right: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landover_Baptist_Church that doesn't mean though that what they're saying isn't hurtful.

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2013, 11:37 pm

<--- Doesn't belong to a cult.

<--- Doesn't count matches.

<--- Is not demon possessed.

Wags
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Oct 2013, 11:46 pm

StarTrekker wrote:
Kuribo wrote:

Well, it looks like you're right: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landover_Baptist_Church that doesn't mean though that what they're saying isn't hurtful.

Wow, I got pretty angry until I realized this site was a parody 0_0

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2013, 3:24 am

Kuribo wrote:

One problem with that is there may be stupid people on that site that don't realize it's a parody and are dead serious about their hate. I've seen people online that though sites like The Onion were legit news sites.

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2013, 5:14 am

Disorders overlapp, some even by many symptoms. What ppl not trained in the psychiatric field mostly miss are the differences, who can also be huge. Just something looks simmilar in some ways, doesn't mean it's the same.

So ppl who don't have much knowledge in the psychiatric field very often just go on the internet, read a fiew symptoms and think for example: "Oh, ADD, that's me, I can't concentrate" when in reality they might have depression instead or see a massmurderer on TV who can't hold eye contact and speaks with a flat voice and think: "oh Rainman does this too, so this serial killer must be autistic" or stuff like that. :roll:

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2013, 12:21 pm

Even before I was diagnosed and knew about Aspergers every time they described the killer as nice guy, a little off, a loner, quiet etc I wondered if people would wonder about me because I fit the description.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2013, 1:17 pm

I have been told by multiple people that I remind them of a serial killer. :oops:

Opi
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Oct 2013, 1:36 pm

i actually found that thread funny as hell. not because i don't perceive people like this (and whether it's a parody or not, i know they exist) as dangerous, but because i started to accept how f****d up the whole human race really is. i mean we, as a species, as a whole, we are ridiculous and take ourselves way too seriously.

if it's something i can do something about, i do what i can. if i can't, i just try to find the humor in it. life is too short and there is too much wrong in the world to get worked up over every injustice. i gotta pick my battles. and this kind of crap, it's ALL OVER the internet, too many windmills to tilt at for this WP junkie.

and i do find parodies like this funny. i am just twisted i guess.

a long time ago a coworker emailed me an article from The Onion and i had no idea at the time it was a parody site, although once i really looked at it, it became obvious. anyway i reacted and furiously emailed the link to everyone i knew, outraged by the article (i have no idea anymore what it was about). WOW was i embarassed when the spoof was pointed out! but it WAS very funny, even to me, once i realized what i'd done (and no, in this case i don't think the person who sent it to me was being mean, i think it was just a practical joke and i played right into it; i laughed myself).

24 - HSP / ADD Quiz- 41, Inattention: 24, Hyperactive/Impulsive: 17
"Odd and different is beautiful" -- Tyra Banks

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2013, 1:56 pm

I once read in there about a couple having a child to save their marriage. I think it was about a kid saving their parents marriage just by being born. I didn't get the joke but after learning how there are people out there that actually think having a child will make their relationship/marriage better so they go ahead and have a baby, the article makes more sense now.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

ritualdrama
Toucan
Toucan

15 Oct 2013, 3:16 pm

TechnicalAmateur wrote:
Oi. I don't have AS and this made my blood boil.
It's hard for me to understand that these people actually believe they are being helpful. They use such hateful language. I don't talk about people the way that these people do.