36 year old female teacher had sex with 14 year old student

Page 10 of 12 [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2013, 6:22 pm

Jono wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:
Jono wrote:
I think AP's just trolling us.

I think that I perceive a new corollary to Godwin's Law

The New Corollary wrote:
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of someone invoking the T-Word approaches 1

Jono loses. :P

Now he's one that's trying to bait me back into discussion. Actually, I most definitely can refute all of your last points but I feel like I'm just feeding the troll at this point.

You're down 2! 8)

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2013, 6:54 pm

to be fair though, if i had been one of this guy's classmates I would have been jelly as hell.

My deviant art profile

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2013, 7:41 pm

thomas81 wrote:
to be fair though, if i had been one of this guy's classmates I would have been jelly as hell.

Do you mean the one with the elderly lady? At that age, my reaction would probably have been :eew:

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2013, 8:15 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
thomas81 wrote:

Do you mean the one with the elderly lady? At that age, my reaction would probably have been :eew:

I lived an involuntary celibacy until the age of 21. I would've taken what I could get.

My deviant art profile

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2013, 8:35 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
thomas81 wrote:

Sophia Loren from GILFy pleasures.She is over fifty in this picture.

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 11:08 am

Jono wrote:
MCalavera wrote:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQDy7Fc8JTg[/youtube]

MCalavera, what I don't understand is that most of your posts on WP are rational, yet I don't see your how current argument about this here even remotely rational. Look, if the law designates a certain age as an age of consent, then that is a clear guideline in the law. I don't see how an underage person "seducing" an adult over the age of consent is even relevant here, the adult should know what the law says and if the knowingly break the law, then how can they be surprised if they're put on the sex offender registry. I'd be much more sympathetic if it was consensual sex between 2 teenagers, where one is close to the age of consent and the other is only 1 or 2 years younger but that is not what age of consent laws are trying to prevent and an adult should know that what they're doing is illegal, even if they're being "seduced", which I think is utter crap. Also, posting a video sympathetic to a known pro-peadophile advocate and child molester does not do your position much justice. I'm glad that you posted it though, because I actually googled the name of that woman as well as Petra Luna, the singer and anti-abuse campaigner mentioned in it. She has a whole section of her dedicated to helping and providing support for victims of abuse, not just victims of child abuse and she has a separate support site for male victims of abuse:

http://petraluna.com/War_On_Abuse_Network.html

http://help4guys.org

Your post lacks rationality and is symptomatic of groupthink.

I can guarantee if the law ever gets adjusted to adapt to a better understanding of these dynamics, you would adjust your views accordingly.

Also, it's sad that you have to try to make the reporter out to be an advocate of child molestation when he has expressed no such view. It's also sad that you're justifying bullying people for things that are trivial.

Also, abuse means abuse, not its opposite.

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 11:10 am

And no, adults don't always know any better. One can argue that adults who are emotionally immature cannot have informed consent as well.

The law should not be there to punish people for trivial matters but to stop people from getting hurt and to keep dangerous people away from society.

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 11:39 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lldKtNRuMM[/youtube]

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 11:57 am

Misslizard wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:
thomas81 wrote:

Sophia Loren from GILFy pleasures.She is over fifty in this picture.

Now we are talking! All threads are always useless without pictures...

I find Joan Allen very attractive. Here she is in 2008 (at the age of 52).

Generally speaking, there is one caveat, however...

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 7:59 pm

I've always preferred older women generally ever since I was old enough to appreciate women. Its what happens when you attend a boys only school and your teachers are the only non-related females you come into contact with on a regular basis.

My deviant art profile

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 8:27 pm

MCalavera wrote:
Your post lacks rationality and is symptomatic of groupthink.

Oh? Yet, I'm not the one who made an extremely bad attempt at an appeal to emotion, like when you asked me what I'd think if someone close to me was involved in a similar scandal as the story in the OP. That's not a rational argument, it's a logical fallacy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_emotion

Also, now you are not even addressing my arguments anymore. Instead, you just say that I'm succumbing to groupthink. So tell me, what is so irrational about the argument that if one knowingly breaks the law, one should expect to penalised for breaking the law? Are you trying to argue that an adult is "immature" and is "seduced" by an underage teen then they just can't help themselves even though they know that they are breaking the law? Also, just because a view is held by the majority, it does not mean it's "groupthink" as sometimes the majority hold that view because it's right.

MCalavera wrote:
I can guarantee if the law ever gets adjusted to adapt to a better understanding of these dynamics, you would adjust your views accordingly.

I'm pretty sure that those dynamics are already understood extremely well, since there have been hundreds psychiatric papers written about them (which by the way, isn't just based on clients going for therapy, they are based on actual surveys and research that are supposed adhere to scientific standards).

MCalavera wrote:
Also, it's sad that you have to try to make the reporter out to be an advocate of child molestation when he has expressed no such view. It's also sad that you're justifying bullying people for things that are trivial.

I wasn't talking about the John Strossel, the reporter, I was talking about Jan Kruska, the woman, he was sympathetic towards. She actually advocates abolishing age of consent laws altogether in order to legalise child molestation and sex between adults and children. She is a pro-peadophile advocate and I know this because I have actually done a google search after watching that video. Incidentally though, that video was of a trailer for an ABC 20/20 episode about age of consent laws that was actually criticised for being too overly sympathetic towards sex offender advocacy groups rather than just talking about "Romeo and Juliet" violations like what it was supposed to be about. And I'm not justifying anything, some of those online groups that targeted her have actually been criticised for their tactics and don't think this issue is remotely trivial.

MCalavera wrote:
Also, abuse means abuse, not its opposite.

You are really being naive, this Jan Kruska is a pseudo-advocate that only pretends to care about child rights, yet she uses the same kind of arguments as pro-peadophile groups like NAMBLA, and they won't openly admit to being pro-abuse either. It's quite scary, actually. By the way, did you even click on those links that I provided in my previous post. They show you the actual advocacy that Petra Luna is doing (who is presented as an antagonist in that video of yours).

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2013, 12:06 am

Jono wrote:
Also, now you are not even addressing my arguments anymore. Instead, you just say that I'm succumbing to groupthink. So tell me, what is so irrational about the argument that if one knowingly breaks the law, one should expect to penalised for breaking the law?

So if the law forbids you to drive a car because, for example, you have black skin and are overweight, does this mean one should not make a rational argument against such absurdity?

Quote:
Are you trying to argue that an adult is "immature" and is "seduced" by an underage teen then they just can't help themselves even though they know that they are breaking the law?

If an adult is intellectually/emotionally immature and was seduced into by an underage teenager, then they shouldn't be treated as sex predators worthy of condemnation and punished in such a harsh manner.

By the way, the fact that you put "immature" and "seduced" in quotes shows that you are subtly appealing to emotion by expressing disbelief, even though you have made no rational argument as to why this couldn't be possible/probable.

Quote:
Also, just because a view is held by the majority, it does not mean it's "groupthink" as sometimes the majority hold that view because it's right.

In this case, it has yet to be argued rationally that it's wrong if the teenager initiated it and both sides enjoyed it.

It is groupthink because you are being led by the ideals of the group rather than sitting down and considering why you believe this to be wrong. As of now, all you are showing me is you are arguing your side because it's the socially acceptable thing to do and not necessarily because it's morally right.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that those dynamics are already understood extremely well, since there have been hundreds psychiatric papers written about them (which by the way, isn't just based on clients going for therapy, they are based on actual surveys and research that are supposed adhere to scientific standards).

Really? So you have evidence that those who actually enjoy the experience end up eventually being traumatized by these exact experiences? Let's see those links please.

Quote:
I wasn't talking about the John Strossel, the reporter, I was talking about Jan Kruska, the woman, he was sympathetic towards. She actually advocates abolishing age of consent laws altogether in order to legalise child molestation and sex between adults and children.

Care to back up that claim? Or are you going by rumors about what she said?

Quote:
She is a pro-peadophile advocate and I know this because I have actually done a google search after watching that video. Incidentally though, that video was of a trailer for an ABC 20/20 episode about age of consent laws that was actually criticised for being too overly sympathetic towards sex offender advocacy groups rather than just talking about "Romeo and Juliet" violations like what it was supposed to be about.

You really need to look up pedophilia because, it seems, you have no idea what it really means. Also, look up the phrase "child molestation".

She is trying to argue for the law to focus on the actual child abuses going on and not waste unnecessary time and energy on dynamics that don't involve any feelings of abuse. Teenagers can enjoy sex as much as adults do. And while I do not agree with encouraging adults to have sex with underage teenagers, it should not be up to the law to punish them if it's consensual on both sides and it shouldn't be the public's business to condemn if both sides are happy.

Quote:
You are really being naive, this Jan Kruska is a pseudo-advocate that only pretends to care about child rights, yet she uses the same kind of arguments as pro-peadophile groups like NAMBLA, and they won't openly admit to being pro-abuse either. It's quite scary, actually.

Let's see you back up those claims first.

EDIT: I just researched NAMBLA. They are too extreme and, while they don't condone, any form of coercion with minors assume that even children as young as 5 can consent to sex, implying pedophilia encouragement.

So, yes, you are right about NAMBLA, but either way, not the main point here in our discussion.

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2013, 7:04 am

League_Girl wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:
Seven years is a long time, just for making a teenaged boy happy.

Compared to how long men get put away if they had an affair with an under age, seven years isn't a lot.

Found this topic through the moderation board. For once I find myself in agreement with you, League_Girl.

Sure, many of us lads would have liked to have been seduced by a female teacher in our youth.. does that make it any more acceptable than a male teacher doing the same thing with an underage female student? NO it does not. Southpark parodied such an issue and I'm going to go with their notion that attractive women get off the hook too easy with such deplorable acts. Frankly I'm surprised a lot of the men in this thread are even supporting this double standard.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2013, 7:34 am

JanuaryMan wrote:
Southpark parodied such an issue

Yes, they did, in the epiisode "Miss Teacher Bangs a Boy".

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2013, 9:55 am

Jono, do you really want to censor free speech by suggesting the mods do something about the last video I posted? Why did you do that? Trying to impress?

Here's another video for you (I dare you to report it):

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lw8GKJ5buHk[/youtube]

Well, Jono, looks like the rumors about her are untrue. So who's lying? Them or her?

Watch the whole video and tell me if she's saying anything inappropriate. She states she is not advocating preying on children, and that the things they say about her are lies.

But now, of more concern for me personally, is why you reported the last video when it did not contain any inappropriate speech advocating anything to do with pedophilia? And why even suggest at the probability that I be warned by the mods for posting it?

Do you really want to go that far just to be a goody-two-shoes, Jono?

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2013, 10:58 am

Sorry MCalavera but I agree with Jono. You are lacking logic in this argument and you are using an appeal towards emotion to win it.
Fair enough, you think what happened in the report was okay for your own reasons but there are obviously laws in place. You may not agree with those laws but that particular law is very similar across the civilized world. If you consider that to be groupthink, however, I'm sure there are plenty of men that visit Cambodia or Thailand every year that will gladly side with you on it.