Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2013, 9:25 pm

Sure I am at times lazy I'm HONEST OK! Don't WANT to clean the house and such and I know I should step up and be more responsible etc. But today I felt truly tired and weak and physically drained. Not emotionally no meltdowns but last night I got upset and started crying over an issue. I think perhaps I just didn't sleep well but find it odd I NEVER get fatigue and was wondering if others on the spectrum might and what triggers it for some of you. Thanks.

JSBACHlover
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2013, 9:32 pm

Fatigue is my life. If I put in a full day I hardly have the energy to eat. And when I lie down my calves hurt something fierce. I work out three times a week, too, and it's a battle because I get so weak so fast. Fatigue is an intrinsic part of having AS.

Last edited by JSBACHlover on 24 Oct 2013, 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2013, 9:48 pm

I alternate productive vs unproductive days because of this. My last job burned me out quite a bit, but I was able to quit and I'm on a therapist's orders to keep it easy a while. Stress is a huge trigger for me, and finding the right balance has been my concentration lately. Lack of sleep does have a huge effect, and the world won't stop rotating if you clean every other day instead. :) I do find taking a little time off leads to more productivity without feeling so drained, but I realize it's hard to come by sometimes.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2013, 10:49 pm

being with people wears me out. the every other day thing works well for me. when I used to do it every day, I had to drag myself out of bed.

Wags
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Oct 2013, 10:50 pm

24/7 not matter what. Even when I get enough sleep.

ak_born
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Oct 2013, 11:29 pm

I started taking Ritalin because I was having such a difficult time with overwhelming fatigue and was staring to become concerned about keeping my job. It has helped quite a bit, but I certainly feel fatigued unless I'm in an exciting situation.

JSBACHlover
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2013, 11:54 pm

MjrMajorMajor wrote:
I alternate productive vs unproductive days because of this. My last job burned me out quite a bit, but I was able to quit and I'm on a therapist's orders to keep it easy a while. Stress is a huge trigger for me, and finding the right balance has been my concentration lately. Lack of sleep does have a huge effect, and the world won't stop rotating if you clean every other day instead. :) I do find taking a little time off leads to more productivity without feeling so drained, but I realize it's hard to come by sometimes.

Oh my gosh! I go every other day too! I thought this was a bipolar thing but I think it's really an Aspie thing.

rapidroy
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2013, 12:05 am

If I do something that takes alot of enegry (mental or physical) I usually can't do much the next day if I can get out of bed. I try to plan for a reasonable amount of enegry drain on any given day.

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2013, 1:00 pm

I live with fatigue all day, every day. What varies is the degree and the type. Today I am only mildly tired but my brain wants to listen to the radio instead of working. Some days I can hardly sit up at my desk but I still get a lot of work done because my mind is clear.

IreneS
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Oct 2013, 2:14 pm

I have problems with fatigue. Today I´ve been in bed almost all day because of it. I find that it gets worse when it rains, I sometimes feel like I run on solar power; if there´s no sun, there´s no power. If it rains two days or more in a row I feel like I´m half asleep all the time and have no strength in my body.

fibonaccispiral777
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Oct 2013, 3:04 pm

cathylynn wrote:
being with people wears me out. the every other day thing works well for me. when I used to do it every day, I had to drag myself out of bed.

Oh god, yes being with people is incredibly draining. I have to stay in the house, maybe in bed, for about three days after being with people for an extremely long time just to rejuvenate and get a sense of self back.

LucySnowe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Oct 2013, 3:05 pm

I have and I do still, although to a lesser extent. I've found that exercise and being cognizant of what you eat have a great deal of influence in helping me feel better. I find that when I skip meals (lunch especially), that's when I get this mental fog.

And there is definitely a time of day correlation for me: I'm most alert in the morning, after I've rested, and really, really drained by about 3 pm after all that social interaction.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2013, 3:14 pm

I used to have this problem heavily too.

Anti-psychotics were the cause here, so I quit them and started doing mild weight training to get in shape.

Now I feel reborn.

I even prefer getting bullied again in school over having to deal with this fatigue again, it was that bad.

Sethno
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2013, 4:19 pm

JSBACHlover wrote:
Fatigue is my life. If I put in a full day I hardly have the energy to eat. And when I lie down my calves hurt something fierce. I work out three times a week, too, and it's a battle because I get so weak so fast. Fatigue is an intrinsic part of having AS.

Interesting you say that.

Another arrow pointing towards ASD for me. Fatigue has been my major symptom for longer than I can remember.

I'd never heard this before.

What would these results mean? Been told here I must be a "half pint".

nuttyengineer
Toucan
Toucan

24 Oct 2013, 8:20 pm

I've come to accept that fatigue is just going to be a part of my life. Especially while I'm still a grad student. In fact, I'm getting to a point where I will sometimes spend a couple of hours at my computer and realize that I have just been staring blankly at it.

PerfectlyDarkTails
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2013, 8:36 pm

Yeah... fatigue is a common issue for me as well. It's anything from the general day, types of light, social situations, consistant noise, traveling and any general work that involves physical exertion. It don't bother me but that's where the majority of jobs need.

AS 168/200, NT: 20/ 200, AQ=45 EQ=15, SQ=78, IQ=135