No, I do not have the disorder. 18%  18%  [ 14 ]
I might have the disorder. 17%  17%  [ 13 ]
I might have the disorder. 28%  28%  [ 22 ]
Total votes : 78

Sedentarian
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2013, 1:26 pm

Your overall score of 23 falls in the range of Mild Depersonalization (15-24). Because you mentioned that some of these symptoms caused you discomfort or distress, we recommend that you be evaluated by a professional who is trained in the administration of the full SCID-D interview.

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2013, 5:14 pm

I ended up with a 33 on the test.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2013, 5:32 pm

Schizpergers wrote:
I got 47.

I have more derealization than depersonalization.

Unlike most people with it, it doesn't cause me any distress and I actually like being this way.

Ha ha, me too. I like the foggy effect of the derealization; makes me feel like I'm in some enchanted land somewhere.

Eloa
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2013, 5:36 pm

but I got diagnosed unofficially (from clinical psychologsist, but do not have money right now for full assessment) with a dissociative disorder (DDNOS or DID) apart from autism.

English is not my native language, so I will very likely do mistakes in writing or understanding. My edits are due to corrections of mistakes, which I sometimes recognize just after submitting a text.

Teasaidh
Raven
Raven

25 Oct 2013, 8:17 pm

I scored a 50. Doesn't surprise me at all though. I was diagnosed with a dissociative disorder when I was 18. Went to therapy for a bit but I never found a provider I liked, so I quit it after a short time.

accomplishment.?
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

fleurdelily
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Oct 2013, 8:46 pm

41. Had an abusive parent, learned to just 'float away' until she shut up... guess I still have the 'gift' of spacing it out, though there were a couple of questions that I would need further explanation before I could answer more accurately. I have no idea if it interfered with a job or not....

serenaserenaserena
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2013, 9:07 pm

I scored a "severe" 35, but I have never heard of it before, and I still don't know what it is, nor do I think I have it.

~~~
Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional.
~~~

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2013, 9:14 pm

It seems like it's very similar to autism in some ways, and then very different at the same time.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/depers ... N=symptoms

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2013, 9:41 pm

Got 20 (mild).
Probably even that was only because at my repetitive job I do it while daydreaming- and check "frequently go through the motions of doing your job while not being there mentally".

TreeShadow
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Oct 2013, 10:10 pm

I got a "severe" score of 36, but I know that I do not have this disorder. Just in reading the questions, I could tell that I didn't have it. I think that this test is BS and its results should not be taken seriously. Not that I think this disorder isn't real - I am certain that it is. However, these questions can really apply to many types of situations that people experience all the time when you think about them. Also, looking around the rest of this website, it looks like they are inflating the scores so that people will buy their self-help nonsense.

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2013, 12:06 am

TreeShadow wrote:
I got a "severe" score of 36, but I know that I do not have this disorder. Just in reading the questions, I could tell that I didn't have it. I think that this test is BS and its results should not be taken seriously. Not that I think this disorder isn't real - I am certain that it is. However, these questions can really apply to many types of situations that people experience all the time when you think about them. Also, looking around the rest of this website, it looks like they are inflating the scores so that people will buy their self-help nonsense.

I wouldn't take it too seriously; it's kind of for fun/interest. If you're interested in the disorder, you'd be better off looking at other resources. I'll put some in the original post.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2013, 12:37 am

Never heard of this until this questionnaire
29 lower end of the severe range

Well that is shocking. Thinking about it I said answered sometimes or many times because I was thinking of daydreaming so I am here or working and my mind is elsewhere. But this seems common to most people at times and is really not the same as feeling out of body. And how many times have you seen somebody say "Are you here?" to another person. Is that a disorder? And since I have not had a routine in long while my mind wanders a lot more then when I had a routine. I am sure if you are in a job you despise you mentally get far away as a coping mechanism. Is that a disorder? Multiple personalities no, if anything I have a stronger sense of identity since my recent diagnoses. I wonder if our literalness means we interpreted the questions in a way to give a high score?

But I don't want to totally dismiss it either because the lack of routine + Aspergers may be causing an issue along these lines. Something I need to be aware of and monitor but no way am I am going to panic over one webpage

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2013, 12:58 am

TreeShadow wrote:

What do you think is BS?

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2013, 1:57 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Never heard of this until this questionnaire
29 lower end of the severe range

Well that is shocking. Thinking about it I said answered sometimes or many times because I was thinking of daydreaming so I am here or working and my mind is elsewhere. But this seems common to most people at times and is really not the same as feeling out of body. And how many times have you seen somebody say "Are you here?" to another person. Is that a disorder? And since I have not had a routine in long while my mind wanders a lot more then when I had a routine. I am sure if you are in a job you despise you mentally get far away as a coping mechanism. Is that a disorder? Multiple personalities no, if anything I have a stronger sense of identity since my recent diagnoses. I wonder if our literalness means we interpreted the questions in a way to give a high score?

But I don't want to totally dismiss it either because the lack of routine + Aspergers may be causing an issue along these lines. Something I need to be aware of and monitor but no way am I am going to panic over one webpage

It's worth looking into with a doc if you think that's it's effecting you in a bad way. Say, if you're feeling yourself "leave" and it takes away from the ability to socialize or do work. I know I feel the floaty/dream-like stage, it tends to be when I'm anxious, very fatigued, or overwhelmed. I can feel myself not knowing what I'm going to say next; I just blurt things out. It's hard to say whether it's autism when I do the blurting out, though. Could just be from fatigue and not being able to keep the aspie side of me hidden any more. There were a lot of these symptoms I related to when reading the other articles and information.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2013, 3:17 am

I know I'm not depersonalised; I never have been. I am prone to derealisation, but I'm not even experiencing that lately.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

TreeShadow
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Oct 2013, 10:15 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
TreeShadow wrote:

What do you think is BS?

The questions themselves and the way the test is scored.