I might have the disorder. 17%  17%  [ 13 ]
I might have the disorder. 28%  28%  [ 22 ]
Total votes : 78

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2014, 4:39 am

Kinme wrote:
Kind of shocking to see your guys' results so far. Maybe this is common in autism?

Dr Tony Atwood reckons "autism is anxiety looking for a target " :wink:

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2014, 4:43 am

Kinme wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
34.Not so much anymore,but it was no fun at its worst.

How bad has it gotten?

For me if some one had told me to go and mow down a crowd at a supermarket and handed me the gun I think I would have , I do have some understanding when people act it out , :cry:

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2014, 7:54 am

But I doubt it is that bad. Especially the "Did it affect your ability to work?" point. My answer was: "Yes - but positively". It is my copy mechanism that make me actually work better under stress. I split to 2 parts of myself and while one is working the other one is telling what should be done step by step and calms down the working one so I don't get anxiety attack.

Also, some points are directly related to the issues I have that are not a depersonification: For example:
"I have gone thru the motions of living while the real me was far away from what was happening to me." - shutdown.
"My behavior has felt out of control." - meltdown.
"I have purposely hurt or cut myself so that I could feel pain or that I am real." - stims.
"I have had the feeling that I was a stranger to myself or have not recognized myself in the mirror." - face blindness.

QuiversWhiskers
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2014, 8:38 am

droppy wrote:
I got 42. I don't think I have that though.
I don't trust these tests, and I think that this one was a little too short. Also most of my answers were "sometimes", I expected to score lower, how comes I got "severe depersonalization"?

I got the same score with the same thought process, answering "sometimes" and then get a 42 for severe depersonalization? What?!

Also to quote Kiriae:

"Also, some points are directly related to the issues I have that are not a depersonification: For example:
"I have gone thru the motions of living while the real me was far away from what was happening to me." - shutdown.
"My behavior has felt out of control." - meltdown.
"I have purposely hurt or cut myself so that I could feel pain or that I am real." - stims."

Yes! But with the last one here, I don't do it to feel pain or confirm that I am real so much as that sometimes I can't feel my own body parts and that is unsettling. I have migraines, with and without headaches, and a funky EEG so I am sure that contributes.

I have only had this as a true depersonalization during deep depression or under stress. It's a coping with anxiety thing too.

The OP specifically said this was for those on the spectrum and I cannot say for certain that I am because I don't have an "official" diagnosis and I want a hard and fast "test" and quantifiable numbers to prove it but I strongly suspect that I am. Just wanted to clarify that. Don't take my response as being from someone definitely on the spectrum. I'll attach my signature for informational purposes.

Defies categorization. A mixed bag.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2014, 2:00 am

I get it real bad when I forget to tale my Paxil, it's true it has a really short 1/2 life 8O
What are #$%^&*s supposed to do when it stops working suicide , mass killings , mental hospital , god knows , :?

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2014, 3:08 am

I got 44. Been this way all my life.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2014, 3:33 am

It's not that uncommon apparently .

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2014, 7:33 am

The Steinberg Depersonalization Questionnaire

YOUR SCORE IS 47

Your score of 47 falls in the range of Severe Depersonalization (25-75).We recommend that you be evaluated by a professional who is trained in the administration of the full SCID-D interview. If your depersonalization has interfered with your relationships with friends, family or coworkers, or has affected your ability to work or has caused you distress, it is particularly important that you obtain a professional consultation.

Should an experienced clinician find that you have a dissociative disorder, you have a treatable illness with a very good prognosis for recovery. Your illness is widely shared by others who coped with trauma by using the self-protective defense of dissociation.

With proper treatment, in time you will no longer find it necessary to disconnect from yourself or your feelings. Eventually, as you grow strong enough to reconnect with your memories, feelings and behaviors and begin to accept them as your own, your depersonalization will be reduced and you will become a more integrated and psychologically healthy person.

Wreck It Ralph

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2014, 10:40 am

63 (severe)

I heard even NTs have "out of body" experiences, not just me. I wonder if this is a disassociation thing...

SameStars
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2014, 11:44 am

I scored 43.

Kaedra
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Jul 2014, 1:28 pm

I wouldn't go as far to call it a disorder, though. I exist within my thoughts; my body is more of a tool for interacting with the world around me.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2014, 2:25 pm

Kaedra wrote:

I wouldn't go as far to call it a disorder, though. I exist within my thoughts; my body is more of a tool for interacting with the world around me.

^ That is how I feel too.

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2014, 3:25 pm

I scored 51.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2014, 3:51 am

Does anybody here get it worst at night , outdoors ?
It's like darkness on top of the darkness :wink:

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2014, 8:02 pm

LOOK TO DIET

www.wrongplanet.net/postt268794.html

LOOK TO DIET

Swiper
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Oct 2014, 9:23 pm