Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

matt271
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2007, 9:04 pm

do any of you fellow aspies over eat?? i like to eat, but i didn't think i over ate. my mum told me that i do over eat and am 1 bite short of eating until i throw up. she said i need to feel stuffed to think i feel food. she said this is common for AS.
i am 18 years old, about 5 11 and 185lbs.
so do any of you do the same thing?? how old tall and weight are you? (if ur not shy about it)

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2007, 9:35 pm

I don't really know how full is too full, but sometimes I feel really sick after I eat. I'm almost 5 feet 5 inches, and I think I'm between 125-135 pounds. I don't have a scale. :? One time I made myself throw up because I ate so much.

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2007, 9:44 pm

I was THIN when I was younger, so AS does NOT mean heavy. My last idiot boss smoked up a storm, etc... And my junk food intake went from nearly nothing to a regular diet. It became a habit. Still, I have SOME self control. I would give you more facts, but I have already given a LOT of info here.

Steve

Melantha
Toucan
Toucan

03 Feb 2007, 9:45 pm

I do tend to overeat. I eat when I'm bored too. I used to get terrible heartburn that would only go away if I threw up whatever I'd eaten; I hardly ever get that anymore, but I do still eat until I feel "bloated" or stuffed. Luckily for me, my metabolism is insanely fast (I think I'm some kind of alien-human hybrid experiment) so I stay skinny as a rail no matter what. Because of my metabolism I need to eat very frequently or I get sick. I used to have to go to sick-bay in school because I couldn't make it through the long stretch between lunch and quitting time. Once I got so sick they had to take me home so I could eat something.

nicklegends
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Feb 2007, 10:31 pm

What's weird about me compared to the rest of my family is that I don't really like to eat. Yes, food tastes good, but I eat more to keep myself alive than to savor the harmonious aroma and texture of a pork chop. As a result, I'm fairly thin for my height, but I like it that way.

JBM
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Feb 2007, 10:32 pm

Yes, especially when I;m upset and lonely

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

03 Feb 2007, 11:33 pm

Thanks for posting this topic. I find that I tend to stuff myself until I feel as if I can't breathe. Often I sleep poorly, due to indigestion. I really do feel as if I have to do this in order to feel as if I've really eaten. I am in my forties, (and won't tell my weight. I don't look fat, however). I think that I also overeat because of deriving some kind of comfort in the act of eating. I did read somewhere that certain foods, such as those containing gluten, release a calming drug from the brain - seratonin, I think.

amerikasend
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Feb 2007, 11:37 pm

I'm kind of wondering how people can be over weight? I can eat and eat and not gain any weight. It sort of like how I can drink alcoholic beverages. I can drink and drink, even while the guy that claims he can out drink me is slumped over and I am looking for more booze.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2007, 11:49 pm

I love to eat, and it shows, and it's hard for me not to overeat.

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2007, 12:01 am

When I was younger I'd eat and eat because I felt lonely, and that caused me to be chubby as a kid.

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2007, 12:08 am

I overeat,don't know why,maybe because theres no one in real life i can relate to,that or my depression.

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2007, 12:09 am

Starbuline wrote:
I don't really know how full is too full, but sometimes I feel really sick after I eat. I'm almost 5 feet 5 inches, and I think I'm between 125-135 pounds. I don't have a scale. :? One time I made myself throw up because I ate so much.

Heh Starbuline!

Acceptable weight for a female 5'5" tall ages 19-34 is 114-150 pounds! You are RIGHT IN THE BALL PARK! GRANTED you are younger, but I don't think you are so young that this isn't a good guideline. HECK, you'll probably grow a bit, and the extra weight will impact your total weight even LESS! I hope you're not one of those that feels you have to be like a toothpick, etc... Women are supposed to have like 10%+ bodyfat anyway. And that much would probably end up in the right places. :D

Matt,

Your ideal bodyweight would be 155 to 189! You are on the heavy side, but FAR from obese, and the insurance companies would be FINE with your weight!

Now ME? Ah yeah! That is another story. I need to lose a lot of weight, and you people think YOU'RE heavy. The only bright side is that I handle the weight well. I don't look as heavy as I am.

Steve

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2007, 12:12 am

SteveK wrote:
Starbuline wrote:

Heh Starbuline!

Acceptable weight for a female 5'5" tall ages 19-34 is 114-150 pounds! You are RIGHT IN THE BALL PARK! GRANTED you are younger, but I don't think you are so young that this isn't a good guideline. HECK, you'll probably grow a bit, and the extra weight will impact your total weight even LESS! I hope you're not one of those that feels you have to be like a toothpick, etc... Women are supposed to have like 10%+ bodyfat anyway. And that much would probably end up in the right places. :D

Steve

But unfortunately I wish I was the waif type.

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2007, 12:59 am

Starbuline wrote:

That really is a shame. If you are super thin you probably won't look or feel as nice. Oh well, maybe you won't have the will power, and come to accept that. :D

Steve

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2007, 1:02 am

SteveK wrote:
Starbuline wrote:

That really is a shame. If you are super thin you probably won't look or feel as nice. Oh well, maybe you won't have the will power, and come to accept that. :D

Steve

I will eventually. :D

Melantha
Toucan
Toucan

04 Feb 2007, 1:33 am

SteveK wrote:
Starbuline wrote:

Heh Starbuline!

I often wish I could put on some weight. I think if I worked out a bit and put on some more lean muscle, I'd feel better. I'm 5'4" and about 105 lb. Supposedly "underweight", but I've never put much stock in those kind of standardized charts. They don't take into account things like bone size and density and weight of muscle vs. fat. I have a very small frame and light (but strong) bones. When i was breast-feeding my daughter full-time I got down to 98 lb.! But I'm back up to normal now. What really bugs me about it is that I can't donate blood because they won't let underweight people do it, for some reason. :roll: