Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Melantha
Toucan
Toucan

04 Feb 2007, 1:33 am

SteveK wrote:
Starbuline wrote:
I don't really know how full is too full, but sometimes I feel really sick after I eat. I'm almost 5 feet 5 inches, and I think I'm between 125-135 pounds. I don't have a scale. :? One time I made myself throw up because I ate so much.

Heh Starbuline!

Acceptable weight for a female 5'5" tall ages 19-34 is 114-150 pounds! You are RIGHT IN THE BALL PARK! GRANTED you are younger, but I don't think you are so young that this isn't a good guideline. HECK, you'll probably grow a bit, and the extra weight will impact your total weight even LESS! I hope you're not one of those that feels you have to be like a toothpick, etc... Women are supposed to have like 10%+ bodyfat anyway. And that much would probably end up in the right places. :D

I often wish I could put on some weight. I think if I worked out a bit and put on some more lean muscle, I'd feel better. I'm 5'4" and about 105 lb. Supposedly "underweight", but I've never put much stock in those kind of standardized charts. They don't take into account things like bone size and density and weight of muscle vs. fat. I have a very small frame and light (but strong) bones. When i was breast-feeding my daughter full-time I got down to 98 lb.! But I'm back up to normal now. What really bugs me about it is that I can't donate blood because they won't let underweight people do it, for some reason. :roll:

QL
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Feb 2007, 3:45 am

I guess I can. I just eat until I'm finished or I don't feel good. I will never leave anything on a plate. I hate wastefulness.

I'm 5'8ish" 170ish lbs. Little out of shape I guess. Not much though. My whole family has a very muscular build especially in my legs though so that adds to my weight considerably. I think I could get reall good shape fairly quickly if I actually did physical activity and whatnot.

Droopy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Feb 2007, 4:06 am

I overeat.

silvermist
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Feb 2007, 4:08 am

I guess. But my metabolisim is so fast, the last time I did I only gained a pound.

Bart21
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2007, 8:01 am

I don't think there is a connection really.
I am the only thin one in my direct family.
Not because i don't like food as much as they do.
But because i have more discipline when it comes to eating.
I've always been too afraid to get overweight to allow it to happen.

I've only known 2 people with AS besides myself.
And both were verry skinny people.

I also tend to lose weight much more easily than i gain it.
I can lose several kilos within a week if i want to.
But it takes me months to get my weight back up.