Page 4 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2013, 12:16 pm

In my last dream my sister-in-law was yelling at me because she said I betrayed her trust. She'd told me something in confidence about a job in a high class recording studio and I blabbed about it.

She yelled, "Why'd you tell people? I don't want anyone to know. I'm not ready!"
I told her, "If I had that studio job, I'd be proud and tell everyone."
She responded, "Well, I feel betrayed because you weren't supposed to talk about it," then stormed off.

Geez. In my own dreams I can't get a break from my awkward thinking and communication missteps.

JSBACHlover
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2013, 5:58 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I dream about things what make me anxious. I also keep dreaming about work. I've been told that's normal.

This ^

wavecannon
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Nov 2013, 7:05 pm

My dreams are usually beautiful.

Last night my team was playing Shrewsbury Town in front of a bumper gate. We won two one as I became self-aware and starting willing goals in, making us score our two in 30 minutes. From that point on it felt that I was directing a dream that was too good to be true so I let the game peter out.

I think the main four types of dreams I have are firstly watching the football, secondly going to record shops, thirdly running around cities in twilight, and fourthly—the bad one—loved ones dying or dead loved ones.

mouthyb
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Nov 2013, 2:18 pm

Does anyone else have this dream--I can fly, or create things out of thin air, or do incredible feats of strength, but ONLY if I don't know I can. When I find out I can (after the first time I do these things), I suddenly can't any more. Even when, in the dream, it's critical that I do so.

Yeah, I know, fear of failure and all that. :oops:

I also, often have dreams where I'm trying to get home or trying to get somewhere and a series of more and more improbable things keeps happening. I have the occasional sex dream, as well. The characters are a mix of people I know and random strangers.

But that first dream is a frequent offender.

Also, anyone else thrash about and talk/murmur/scream in their sleep? I've woken myself up a few times.

The feels are shipped in by train once a week--Friday, I'm in love.

slickbacksteve
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Nov 2013, 2:25 am

i have lots of vivid nightmares. like every night. weirdly enough, i usually enjoy them since they're basically gruesome horror movies i get to live through.

dreams are awesome though if you pay attention to them. they can tell you a lot about yourself and what you're going through subconsciously.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2013, 1:59 pm

My dreams are extremely vivid and last night I even had a dream within a dream as well. My dreams are based in a world similar to ours, but less crowded and there are some very irrational things, like last night in my dream I passed a restaurant that's open different hours every day and sometimes didn't open open until after dinnertime. That's usually my clue I'm in a dream.

One theme I've noticed a lot lately is that I have a major event to get to, say a big hockey game I'm playing in. I keep getting interrupted, the car breaks down, I'm interrupted again and I realize I will never make it on time and even though I left super early to make sure I made it on time, I still failed and let everyone down.

TheCrookedFingers
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Nov 2013, 3:16 pm

My dreams are usually quite trippy.
When I am under stress I get really weird nightmares in which something is wrong but I can't really tell what, for instance my father is smiling at me but it's a wrong smile but I can't tell why because it looks normal, or I must do something really important but I can't.
When I am on vacation I get vivid and lucid fantasy/sci-fi dreams. Those are great.
I also tend to dream quite often about people I feel very intensely about.

IntellectualCat
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Nov 2013, 3:54 pm

arieartist wrote:
My dreams are sometimes very dark. Sometimes I end up in situations where I am out of control and bad things happen through my body even though I don't want them to.

I sometimes have those dreams, and those kinds of dreams are usually very incoherent.

LucySnowe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Nov 2013, 1:34 pm

I think it's very interesting that so many people have bizarre dreams like the ones described! I've started having dreams of floating in the air recently, too. It's interesting because although my waking thoughts are 100% verbal, my dreams are entirely images--my subconscious shining through.

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2013, 3:41 pm

My dreams tend to be realistic, but a situation that's very outrageous like America being overrun. But there are certain things that tell me the dream is real.

1. The dream has a premise. There's a special role about my presence in the dream. I help someone or discover something about myself. Kind of like an anime. :)

2. I don't tic. I have Tourettes and in my dreams, it's like a mini vacation. I don't get the urges or the need to blink constantly.

That's about it.

gertie1999
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Nov 2013, 4:36 pm

Weird and anxious

Aria
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Nov 2013, 6:27 pm

If I am happy, I have nightmares. If I am upset, I have nightmarish dreams about random life events (like cooking for all eternity). If I am stressed, I dream about waking up. And then there are those randomly occurring happy dreams about castles and homemade bread. I have weird dreams.

WAautisticguy
Toucan
Toucan

23 Apr 2014, 11:29 pm

Very odd stuff and very interesting, sometimes boring stuff.
The last dream I had was last night - it was very weird. One of my best friends is a senior. I popped in a old video tape of some low-budget 1980s "made-for-video" movie about teens on a summer beach trip. First of all, the weirdest FBI warning popped up - "IF YOU POINT A CAMCORDER AT THIS SCREEN, YOU WILL BE FINED AND OR ARRESTED!" :? WTH? Must be the copyright...
Anyways, onto the situation. The movie started and the opening scene began - after a couple minutes, I found my senior friend, acting in the movie talking with his "friend" on the beach. AND HIS NAME POPPED UP IN THE OPENING CREDITS! 8O Oddly, he was born years after this "movie" was made, but it seems that he was sent back in time...

I also had an odd dream (late April Fool's Joke?) a couple weeks ago about "Wheel of Fortune." A woman was playing the bonus round and usually if you win, it's anywhere from $30,000 to $100,000 and maybe it lands on a new car. She solved the puzzle within 10 seconds, and well, Pat Sajak opened the envelope, and it said "$1"! ONE DOLLAR! A George Washington bill for winning the bonus round. :lol: Maybe it's time to contact the show and see if they can do this for April Fools in 2015. :lol:

Falloy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Apr 2014, 3:46 am

One thing is striking about my dreams- People who appear in them are people who I knew before I was aged about 16. People I know now or knew later rarely appear.

I dream about people who I was close to but who are gone now- like my dad and granny - and I don't think that's surprising but I dream constantly about people from my childhood and early adolescence. They're mainly friends I drifted away from (or, more correctly, who drifted away from me as they grew up and I didn't) or who I fell out with. I don't feel any particular desire to contact any of them again but sometimes I feel a bit sad about friendships lost that they probably don't even remember.

Almost all of these dreams involve anxiety, usually me being bullied or just belittled. It's not uncommon for me to try to land a punch on a tormentor in a dream, only to be unable to. Sometimes I've woken up throwing a punch and knocking over the bedside lamp :? The dreams aren't usually about actual events but are often fictionalised versions of actual events (if that makes sense).

My dreams are stuck in my teenage/school years but that was a long time ago. I want to move on and "let it go" (pauses to go into song). My dreaming brain won't let me though.

I've idly wondered if there might be some sort of PTSD thing going on.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it normal?