Page 1 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

wozeree
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2013, 9:07 pm

I dream about my mom (who doesn't speak to me) a lot. I felt like when she "broke up" with me and grieved for a while but managed to deal with it and accept it as for the best. My brain doesn't seem to agree though, these dreams leave me baffled.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2013, 10:24 pm

Chaotic and vivid.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2013, 11:01 pm

My dreams usually involve:

• A city (I don't know which one, but it's always the same)
  • People working out-of-doors or studying inside buildings
  • Me, exploring and/or sneaking around on foot or in a car
  • Strangers who seem to know me
  • Me, Flying
  • A personal confrontation
  • Me, laughing
  • Fade out to wakefulness
Otherwise, they're just jumbles of images and sounds.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

LucySnowe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Oct 2013, 9:33 am

It's interesting that some of you have chaotic, jumbled dreams like this--mine can be jumbled, but there's always some kind of meaning in the mess. I've noticed that as I've started recording dreams in my journal, I not only remember my dreams but that I have them more often, ie, every night. Last night I dreamed I was running out in a forest (fall foliage) and lost a gold bracelet in some fallen leaves. I'm still trying to figure out what that means.

Gazelle
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 10:17 am

Usually I forget my dreams. The other morning I woke up after a bizarre dream where I dreamt that I was very impressed by someone's guitar playing, but it was fake they were only pretending to play guitar. Really they were doing something like guitar hero or just pretending to be the person playing guitar.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 10:38 am

LucySnowe wrote:
... Last night I dreamed I was running out in a forest (fall foliage) and lost a gold bracelet in some fallen leaves. I'm still trying to figure out what that means.

Just to see what you think, here is my (subjective and amateurish) interpretation:

Running - Are you from something or toward something? Or are you just running?

Autumn Forest - An environment that is getting ready for hibernation, while showing off its best colors.

Fallen Leaves - Brown and dead, returning to the soil from whence they came.

Gold - Something precious.

Bracelet - An object to be worn where it can be seen.

Well, now ... you are moving rapidly through the last stages of a joyous phase of your life. You have lost something precious somewhere in the debris. This 'something' was a feature of yourself that others used to admire.

Did you just have a significant birthday (18, 21, 30 ...), or are you about to see one? Did you, or are you about to graduate? Did you recently, or are you about to move away from home and/or get married?

Disclaimer: I am not a psychic (although I used to pretend to be one for the money it brought in), nor am I a degreed mental-health professional. I am just an ordinary person with more than a passing interest in dreams and dream interpretation, and I do it for recreational purposes only - thus, I am not responsible for any actions taken by anyone who reads any interpretations I may give.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Asperger96
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 12:23 pm

LucySnowe wrote:
I lucid dream every now and then--recently I dreamed I was wearing ballet flats and then i realized I was having a dream--and then I suddenly found I had the ability to balance on my toes, even though I've never ballet danced in my life.

I've always wanted to have lucidity, but I never could.

Some mornings I draw "YOU ARE AWAKE on my palm as a trick, but it never worked

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 12:40 pm

I dream about things what make me anxious. I also keep dreaming about work. I've been told that's normal.

FireBird
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 1:04 pm

I have both realistic dreams and some that are so bizarre that its hard to describe. A couple of nights ago I was in a cartoon world. Everything was cartoon characters whether in real life TV or made up from my brain dreaming. Last night was about some kind of assignment from school that was impossible but the world kept changing and it was plain weird. I am not in school but I get a lot of school related dreams. Some of the school related dreams is that I don't know where the classroom is and the school is not like normal schools it was all confusing and didn't make sense. Or that I somehow signed up for 2 classes at the same time which its impossible to happen in real life. I also dream or have a nightmare of being psychotic and being in a mental hospital. The thing is I have been in a mental hospital 10 times in my life. I also lucid dream. But that is only occasionally. Then I fly and do what I want and I realize that I am dreaming. I don't remember all my dreams, just some aspects of it. That has been since my new pill.

neobluex
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 7:49 pm

My dreams are visually realistic, usually with fictitious stuff.
I never see myself, even when they have a third-person perspective,but I know I'm there.

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 8:47 pm

Mine are incredibly color-filled and vivid; also very lifelike....so lifelike, in fact, that sometimes when I wake up from a dream, I can't tell if the event I dreamed about really happened, or if it really was a dream - hope I'm not the only one that happens to! 8O

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes

kifotv
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Oct 2013, 11:22 pm

No one ever speaks out loud in my dreams unless they are yelling at/accusing me. Other than that, my dreams are silent. Even my lucid dreams

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2013, 6:05 pm

Glitch

Last edited by BeggingTurtle on 28 Oct 2013, 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2013, 6:06 pm

Dreams are just... dreams.

They can be things we want or things we desperately want to avoid. Or even, arguably, a form of clairvoyance. You don't have to sleep in order to experience this.

I feel that my dreams tell me something to do. If I had a dream about a friend, I go talk to them. If it portrays me doing something, I try not to make it happen. I can stim (sort of) in my dreams and I don't experience Tourettes (it has happened once or twice). It's strange, but I like dreams for this reason, because my face isn't twitching like heck.

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2013, 6:08 pm

Double post

ColdHand
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Oct 2013, 5:46 pm

How incredibly interesting to read all the replies to this one.

My own dreams differ a lot, many of them are very much movie-like, or even videogame-like, including multiple lives x) I often experience things out of more than one perspective.

I also have one of those dreams that reoccur again and again.
It starts with me coming to a stranger town (not always the same one), I need to find something for someone, don't know what or why, and try to ask people for the way, but they're distant and strange and they don't blink. Then at some point, I start running away from someone. Always the same person/guy, that I feel a strange affection for, even though he has a dark, abusive aura.
I run and run and run, and at some point I'm suddenly in a more familiar environment without really noticing. I think someone's with me, a companion, hard to define and not a person; more like Aladin's parrot, or Link's..anything.
Then at the very end, I enter a small store in a small street; it's run by an old(ish) woman who doesn't talk a lot, but whom I apparently know, or who knows friends of mine. My companion knows her, too. Taking his advise, I ask her to let me hide in the shop, against my instincts, I don't trust her at all;
she agrees (silently), and I hide between pieces of clothing.
She always gives me away, and HE comes, and at the end of the dream he stands in front of me but I couldn't possibly say what he looks like. It feels like I've lost a game for the thousandth time; and it feels like obeying, giving in, and I know he's gonna do something to me.

God. Don't you just hate it when you realize how easily your dreams could, and would, be interpreted to fit your condition by the average psychologist?

the only other reoccuring dream I've had in my life is one where a man dressed comletely in black comes into my room. There's nothing strange about it, the room looks 100% realistic and I'm sitting in my bed, exept...I know for sure that the man wants to murder me.
But he's unbelievably clumsy; he trips over EVERYTHING in the whole room, walks circles, silently curses. Since I know I'm gonna die in the end, I roll my eyes at some point, and become impatient, and want him to get it over with. When he reaches my bed in the end, the last thing I thought before waking up was usually "FINALLY. How hard can it be to cross my tiny bedroom!"
....I might have to add I was really really young when I had that dream, 3-5, maybe.