Page 1 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

JSBACHlover
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 11:47 pm

Hmm -- we are chasing each other across forums. Good thing because I am bored silly and I kind of like you.

Well, the Archbishop would have to decide that. He likes me, but he wants me to work through some of my anxiety and Asperger's issues first, because he knows how much pressure it can be to teach.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 11:52 pm

JSBACHlover wrote:
Hmm -- we are chasing each other across forums. Good thing because I am bored silly and I kind of like you.

Well, the Archbishop would have to decide that. He likes me, but he wants me to work through some of my anxiety and Asperger's issues first, because he knows how much pressure it can be to teach.

remember, small steps, one day at a time, will get you where you want to go. don't feel the need to rush things.

JSBACHlover
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 11:55 pm

Ok good point. I get impatient.

I got through school because I'm smart, fast, and when I'm having a hypomanic episode I can get work done. Otherwise, I'd literally drag myself from one obligation to the next, like a body dragging around a soul.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 11:57 pm

JSBACHlover wrote:

I got through school because I'm smart, fast, and when I'm having a hypomanic episode I can get work done. Otherwise, I'd literally drag myself from one obligation to the next, like a body dragging around a soul.

smart and fast will get you there. I didn't make it there because I am neither especially smart nor fast enough for this world.

JSBACHlover
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2013, 12:00 am

auntblabby wrote:
JSBACHlover wrote:

smart and fast will get you there. I didn't make it there because I am neither especially smart nor fast enough for this world.

:( I thought all Aspies were supposed to be brainy. What's up?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2013, 12:05 am

JSBACHlover wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
JSBACHlover wrote:

some aspies are gatesian, some are simpsonian. most fall somewhere in the middle.

JSBACHlover
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2013, 12:07 am

auntblabby wrote:
JSBACHlover wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
JSBACHlover wrote:

some aspies are gatesian, some are simpsonian. most fall somewhere in the middle.

I didn't think that could be true because all Aspies see the world and experience it so much more intensely than others that it means a supercharged brain; it's the overload and communication to others that makes life so difficult..... ? :roll:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2013, 12:17 am

JSBACHlover wrote:
it's the overload and communication to others that makes life so difficult..... ? :roll:

yes indeed. :idea: only the higher-functioning AS folk can make workarounds that work for them. the rest struggle to varying degrees.

wozeree
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2013, 1:15 am

auntblabby wrote:
JSBACHlover wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
JSBACHlover wrote:

Is that Homer or OJ? :D
I'm going to come give you a big swat if you don't stop denigrating yourself. You are very smart, imaginative and funny, it's obvious by the way you write.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2013, 1:16 am

wozeree wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
JSBACHlover wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
JSBACHlover wrote:

Is that Homer or OJ? :D
I'm going to come give you a big swat if you don't stop denigrating yourself. You are very smart, imaginative and funny, it's obvious by the way you write.

ouch :oops: I was abused as a kid so swats give me flashbacks. anyways, I meant homerian. :lol:

wozeree
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2013, 1:20 am

See the funny look on Pancho's face. He agrees with me.
Ok, I won't swat you. I take that flashback stuff pretty seriously,

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2013, 1:21 am

wozeree wrote:
See the funny look on Pancho's face. He agrees with me.
Ok, I won't swat you. I take that flashback stuff pretty seriously,

your cat is the feline version of spock, that expression is saying, "fascinating...."

wozeree
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2013, 1:25 am

Ha, Mr. Spock! :)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2013, 1:26 am

wozeree wrote:
Ha, Mr. Spock! :)

he's already got the countenance and the ears, all he needs is the renaming and he's all set for the next trekkie convention :wtg:

wozeree
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2013, 1:28 am

Well I've been looking for a winter outfit for him since it's getting cold, maybe I could try a spock one. That would go over great with the people who stop to kiss him whenever I take him out! Beam me up Pancho!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2013, 1:30 am

wozeree wrote:
Well I've been looking for a winter outfit for him since it's getting cold, maybe I could try a spock one. That would go over great with the people who stop to kiss him whenever I take him out! Beam me up Pancho!

commander spockat. :cat: