Funny video: dog girlfriend vs cat girlfriend

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

LogicalMolly
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Oct 2013, 1:37 pm

I thought this was quite funny. You will only get the joke if you are familiar with both cat and dog behaviour. ;)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4GPG4eNNEk[/youtube]

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 2:10 pm

I'm totally a cat girlfriend.

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 5:48 pm

Dog girlfriend was adorable :)
Video made me chuckle.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 6:10 pm

The women I've known have displayed varying mixtures of both personality types at different times.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 6:14 pm

Fnord wrote:
The women I've known have displayed varying mixtures of both personality types at different times.

Of course, it's just funny when you break the two down like in the video. I really am more like the cat girlfriend, though. Probably why I'm single... :lol:

Oh well...

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 6:18 pm

So ... does that mean that if someone scratches you behind your ears, you will eventually stick your butt in their face?

:lol: Just joking!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 6:19 pm

Not too far from reality, though... :lmao:

LogicalMolly
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Oct 2013, 6:29 pm

Fnord wrote:

Oh dear I had a sinking feeling that somebody would take this seriously. :lol:

They are not "personality types." The purpose of the video is to imagine what a human cat would act like, and what a human dog would act like. That is all. You are not supposed to watch the video and say "I want a girlfriend like this" or "I want one like that" or "I am more like the cat girlfriend" or "I am more like the dog one."You can do that if you want, but the point of the humour is supposed to be to laugh at how funny it is when two humans pretend to be animals.

The woman turning round and round trying to reach the tag on the back of her dress is supposed to represent a dog chasing its own tail. It's a joke. No "personality types" implied at all. As I said, you will only understand the video if you are familiar with the behaviours of both cats and dogs.

Here is another video where the actors imagine what it would be like if your friends were a cat and a dog. Again, they are not trying to imply that there are two "personality types" of friends, and that all people fall into one category or the other. Rather, they are imagining what it would be like if animals were human. Real humans do not act like the people in the video. Clearly, no human friend would eat another friend's vomit (or at least, I'd like to hope not)! Warning: the "cat friend" in the video does quite a good (gross) impression of a cat vomiting. :lol:

I just found these videos recently and thought I'd share them to give the rest of you a laugh, that's all.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbycvPwr1Wg[/youtube]

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 9:36 pm

They actually are personality trait inherent in humans, they're just not quite as strong as they are in a cat or dog. How else would we be able to relate to certain types of animals and temperaments? Yes, the videos are hilarious (came across them months ago) but they're funny *because* people can relate, however exaggerated it may be.