Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

cavernio
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2013, 2:39 pm

spinningpixie wrote:
i was diagnosed with celiac's disease. even if i suddenly could eat gluten without the horrendous pain, i wouldn't. it took months for me to notice a difference but the anxiety has decreased some. there was no drastic change (other than the pain). it is just small things. i seem to be a little less sensitive to sounds, smells, textures, etc. i will never be able to tolerate loud or high pitch sounds but i don't have an immediate meltdown. i can now hold it together long enough to get out of the situation. i seem to be able to processes auditory information a little better. i'm still autistic but i seem to be a little more resilient.

Noticing smells less since I went gluten free was one of those unexpected things that got better for me. I never really knew before coming here that being ultra sensitive to things was associated with ASD.
That and my eyesight actually improved!
I'm still looking forward to feeling even better as I stupidly insist on eating foods that I suspect I shouldn't eat and then, lo and behold, I shouldn't have eaten them. Doesn't help that a lot of the celiac community insists that many foods are safe when they aren't for me.

Poor motivation

Thelibrarian
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2013, 9:15 am

leafplant wrote:
^^ yeah, is why I said wheat is cheap to grow ..um??

What's your point?