Question for *males* with AS

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

JitakuKeibiinB
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2013, 1:00 am

I maintain a blank face and act the same as usual.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2013, 1:23 am

i do not have a wide variety of moods. i do not know what "happiness" subjectively feels like, but i equate it to an active and continuous sense of "pleased-ness".
i am "pleased " only for short periods of time (like when something i am working on turns out well).

i visualize "sadness" as a feeling of sustained displeasure. i am only displeased for short amounts of time (like realizing i did not switch a camera on before filming something interesting).

my default mood is "complacency", and i may smirk on occasions when i observe what i construe as absurdities from my complacent perspective.
i am not able to be moved to excitement (or despair). i remember my childhood psychiatrist informing my parents that i had a "poverty" of emotions (among other things).

the only mood i feel that displaces me from complacency is "impatience". i can be extremely impatient, and that is as close as anyone will ever see me acting like i am cranky, but as soon as the obstacle i am impatient with dissipates, i return immediately to complacency.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2013, 1:42 am

anamak wrote:
How do you behave when you are happy?

I quietly enjoy being happy as long as possible, so as not to attract jerks who just like to ruin other people's day.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2013, 2:41 am

If society isn't around to judge me, I laugh my head off.

Codyrules37
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2013, 8:48 am