Page 2 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2013, 6:18 pm

I had a too large head when I was little,the other kids called me "pumpkin head" (oh the happy childhood memories),but luckily it's normal sized now.I've always had dark eye circles.There does seem to be a lot of people on here with beautiful eyes.Mine are my nicest feature.

DimiLouise
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Nov 2013, 8:08 pm

I have a high forehead, asymetrical facial features ( I only use one side of my face actively so one side looks alive and the other looks dull from not being used ) I have heavy eyelids which make me look permastoned (all aspies I interact with have this quality for sure)

I have been able to physically identify aspies for a while based on how they walk and their glazed over eyes look and the final determining factor is how they fail to use inflections in the correct places while speaking. I do all these things too but I observed them in the many aspies I've encountered. (portland is becoming an aspie central)

DimiLouise
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Nov 2013, 8:13 pm

another thing i will add is that ive seen a pattern where NTs are frequently instantly attracted to aspies. It never makes sense to me because we are weird and some of us aren't that attractive but NT's seem instantly attracted to me and my aspie friends more so than other NTs. They latch on as if we have three times more pheromones or something. I can't explain it but I notice it constantly.

johnsmith543535
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Oct 2015, 6:17 pm

Most faces of aspergers are white Europeans, and more specifically, Keltic-Nordid and Atlantid

Look at the face of Messi, Elliott Smith, and Paul Dano, who have all at some time in their life been described as aspergers. They follow the same racial classification.

aspiescentral.com/threads/can-you-tell-by-looking-at-ones-face-if-they-have-aspergers.1815/

Vitamin d and vitamin k2 will impact how the face develops, if you have studied weston A price.

and what are people with aspergers excellent at ? recognising patterns

what is "recognising faces", specifically aspergers like faces ? a pattern,

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2015, 6:43 pm

Well I don't know, does my face look abnormal.

johnsmith543535
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Oct 2015, 9:17 pm

You look fine

But isn't it strange that the following people have all been described as having aspergers traits,
and actually look very similar

Lionel Messi
Paul Dano
Elliott Smith
Paul Morphy , chess player
Hitler as a child

Make up your own mind.

NowhereWoman
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Oct 2015, 10:37 pm

I can't see those pictures...?

This is only anecdotal, but I've known tons and tons of autistic people - including those previously DXd as Aspies (before the DX was removed) - and I have never noticed that their faces were any different from anyone else's face, unless there was an additional/other condition present (for example, Sotos Syndrome).

The only thing different I've noticed about an "Aspie" face is the expression.

Quote:
But isn't it strange that the following people have all been described as having aspergers traits,
and actually look very similar

Lionel Messi
Paul Dano
Elliott Smith
Paul Morphy , chess player
Hitler as a child

^ No, considering the fact that there are thousands and thousands of people on the spectrum who look nothing like these guys.

Last edited by NowhereWoman on 08 Oct 2015, 11:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

NowhereWoman
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Oct 2015, 10:38 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Well I don't know, does my face look abnormal.

No. :) In fact your face is wonderful. I would definitely not think "abnormal" or "different," etc. looking at your picture.

Last edited by NowhereWoman on 08 Oct 2015, 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NowhereWoman
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Oct 2015, 10:51 pm

This is my face ("high functioning"/(former) AS/ASD:

This is my son's face (classic/Kanner autism, moderate):

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2015, 11:03 am

I have a rather high forehead, small, deep-set eyes, thick curvy eyebrows a largish nose, highish cheekbones, a bony chin, a small mouth, and Hobbit/elf/Vulcan ears.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

MapReader
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Oct 2015, 1:16 pm

I can never get a hat that fits my big head. It was more noticeable as a child, but it's still true. I tend to comb my hair forwards in a fringe (I am a man) so my forehead is less noticeable.

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2015, 4:56 pm

semi-random thoughts;

1. Do AS/ASD people "hold" or use their facial muscled differently from NT people and over time affect the symmetry? We've often been described as having little facial expression - I wonder if being more animated results in more toned facial muscles & balanced appearance. Like isotonic exercises.

2. My nose is asymmetric b/c a) I can't predict other people's motions and b) each of our kids broke it with their heads when they were 3-5 yo b/c they have no idea where other people are in space.

3. One of them had an enormous head when they were 18 months old. Enough so that we dressed them up as Charlie Brown for Halloween that year and the effect was perfect.

nerdygirl
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2015, 7:36 pm

My face is very asymmetrical. The asymmetry is impossible to attribute solely to how I use my muscles. Perhaps it is an underlying nerve thing, but I don't think so. I noticed the asymmetry back in elementary school, long before muscle use alone would have made my face "stay that way."

I can't think off the top of my head whether the known or suspected Aspies in my life have asymmetrical faces.

However, I have been looking at a lot of pictures lately, and this is what I notice about the people who I either know to be or suspect to be on the spectrum:

Their eyes and their mouths don't match up. They seem to be saying two different things. The mouth may be smiling, but the eyes are vacant. The mouth may be a little sad, the eyes say confused. Whatever "it" is, the mouth and the eyes don't seem to agree.

Based on a lot of things I have read here on WP, it seems that people on the Spectrum are often suspected of lying. This would make sense if the whole face is not communicating the same message. Based on body language research I have done, a crooked smile is also considered a sign of lying (and also contempt) because the two sides of the face are not matching in communication. It makes sense that would also be true if the upper and lower "halves" of our face were not matching.

Just some thoughts.

voleregard
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

Location: A magical place without backup warning beepers or leaf blowers

09 Oct 2015, 10:32 pm

Necroed thread from 2013. Nice.

Face reading explains some of the asymmetry: https://youtu.be/kS2VaFzElCU at 17:40 (the L being female, R being male is more from a metaphysical perspective)

I think her diagrams are not as helpful, but Naomi Tickle has a more pragmatic approach to face reading (though I don't recall her specifically mentioning symmetry): https://youtu.be/DWqHj18XKhs

For facial asymmetry that can only be accounted for by stroke: https://youtu.be/Cyc4Vrceo9A beginning at 1:55

So it depends on the extent and what is natural and what the possibility is that it's due to some type of injury.

johnsmith543535
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Oct 2015, 10:44 pm

Most aspergers are white Europeans

It's undeniable

It's also fact that facial structure (and nasal breathing) is determined by vitamin D and vitamin k2,
and Weston A price dedicated an entire book towards it

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2015, 11:09 pm

johnsmith543535 wrote:
Most aspergers are white Europeans

It's undeniable

It's also fact that facial structure (and nasal breathing) is determined by vitamin D and vitamin k2,
and Weston A price dedicated an entire book towards it

"However, evidence demonstrates that although rates of diagnosis for autism occur at the same rates in all racial groups..."
Soc Work Public Health. 2011;26(4):454-70. doi: 10.1080/19371918.2011.579499.
Autism and the African American community.
Gourdine RM1, Baffour TD, Teasley M.

The full paper is a good read.

Do you realize that you are implying that only white people get the "smart autistics" / HFA's?

I would link to thecolorofautism.com, but the first "resource" they list is austism speaks. The other two orgs I found appear to be Nonprofit, Inc. types that exist only to raise salaries - I mean, "funding to study the problem".

I think perhaps what you actually may be seeing is certain socio-economic and racial groups becoming invisible. It happens with minorities & various medical conditions due to institutionalized racism.