Page 3 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

tortoise
Raven
Raven

11 Feb 2007, 11:01 pm

Revenant wrote:
Adderal? Treating fatigue with amphetamines?

Not a good idea.

It ain't necessarily so. While stimulants may be no good for many Aspies, those who have comorbid ADHD may benefit from Adderall which has been shown to increase the production neurotransmitters which regulate sleep.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

11 Feb 2007, 11:38 pm

personally i dont know why more people dont like being tired, i love sleeping. sleeping RULES

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2007, 4:16 am

I've had a problem with this since I was 16.

htr123
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Feb 2007, 7:20 am

yes it sounds familiar ive tried a ton of things with nothing really helping and think that its a symptom from some people with AS
Ive tried a ton of things and they only help very little I feel my chronic tiredness causes me alot of problems with thinking concentration energy socializing etc etc etc
I also can get into almost a catatonic state in the winter were my poster gets worse and i become so slow and zombie like i just stare at the computer and dont have drive to do anything
can anybody tell me what catatonic is and if its also come with AS
thansk

htr123
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Feb 2007, 7:20 am

yes it sounds familiar ive tried a ton of things with nothing really helping and think that its a symptom from some people with AS
Ive tried a ton of things and they only help very little I feel my chronic tiredness causes me alot of problems with thinking concentration energy socializing etc etc etc
I also can get into almost a catatonic state in the winter were my poster gets worse and i become so slow and zombie like i just stare at the computer and dont have drive to do anything
thansk

htr123
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Feb 2007, 7:21 am

thansk

consilience
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Feb 2007, 10:27 am

I take Provigil for my fatigue. Unfortunately it exacerbates my anxiety. Benzos work great for me, unfortunately I'd get addicted.

Exercise helps, walks help, sunlight helps, showers help.

kittenfluffies
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2007, 5:15 pm

yes, I can relate to this. Right now I feel so sleepy I want to just crawl under my desk and sleep till 5.

gwynfryn
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2007, 6:24 pm

htr123 wrote:
does anybody have problems with being tired all the time and never really waking up and having a fresh brain. this is my biggest problem and my tiredness also affects my concentration.

If so did you find anything helpfull to stop the tiredness

I can suggest a reason, but not, necesarily a solution:

http://www.awares.org/conferences/bb.as ... 0100100073

As for solutions, use my e-mail.

htr123
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Feb 2007, 5:26 pm

what should i look at on that website link
thansk

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2007, 8:16 pm

Ticker wrote:
Other possibilities for being tired all the time are anemia (as in low iron), pernicious anemia (unable to convert B-12), magnesium deficiency, sleep apnea, Lyme disease, various viruses such as HHV6, EBV and CMV, heart valve defects, elevated liver enzymes, allergies, adrenal malfunction... just to name a few things.

Including insulin-related problems, like hypo-/hyperglycemia, insulin resistance, diabetes, as well as various immune disorders. IgA Deficiency is found more often in ASD populations. Immune problems can lead to chronic fatigue. Hypothyroidism is also in higher percentages of ASD families.

Checking out the immune system may be a good idea.

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

hyperbolic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2007, 10:04 pm

Make SURE you get enough sleep.

gloomywtregret
Raven
Raven

14 Feb 2007, 6:58 pm

I have chronic tiredness as well and my thyroid and immune system are fine.
I do have ADHD though and it isn't being treated.
Might be part of it.
Insomnia as well.

dgd1788
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2007, 7:03 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypothyroidism

novawake

16 Feb 2007, 1:35 pm

I have always had troubles sleeping since I was little. Usually I only sleep a few hours a night. I had been taking Provigil for a while, but I stopped, because I have GAD and it was making it worse.

Right now I take Trazodone to sleep and it helps alot. Within 30minutes of taking it I can pass out asleep. It's just hard to decide to take it early. :P I'm so used to staying up, that if I take it too early, I feel like I missed half my night. :P It also helps with my anxiety, I believe it doubles as a antidepressant/mood stablizer.

Even if I take it at midnight or 1am, I still can get 5hrs of regular sleep and actually stay asleep. For me, that's alot of sleep and it feels great.

Papillon
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2007, 8:07 pm

Insomniac by night, zombie by day. That's me.

I'll go for days at a time with little or no sleep but when the tiredness does catch up, I have to call in at work sick just to catch up on the sleep when I can. OTOH, I'd rather not be operating the equipment when I'm that tired.

Marijuana -when I can get it- is the only thing I've found so far to manage or get some control over the insomnia. I'll get up and smoke some if I'm not asleep by midnight.

Be yourself no matter what they say

**Sting, Englishman In New York