Page 1 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

htr123
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Feb 2007, 1:56 am

does anybody have problems with being tired all the time and never really waking up and having a fresh brain. this is my biggest problem and my tiredness also affects my concentration.

If so did you find anything helpfull to stop the tiredness

Hoorahville
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Feb 2007, 2:00 am

Get your thyroid checked.

htr123
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Feb 2007, 2:06 am

i have had a full blood test including thyroid and nothingis wrong with me i read that as people can have chronic tiredness

shaucker
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Feb 2007, 2:14 am

Check your diet and sleeping habits. If you've done that, caffeine is a quick fix. Some people swear by vitamin supplements, others say they're a placebo. Try them and see what you think. If none of that works, check with your doctor.

EDIT: Spelling. Bleh.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2007, 2:22 am

I get that sometimes.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

ammerique
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Feb 2007, 2:29 am

I get tired everytime... irregardless of adequate sleep... this happens even when I do regularly exercises which is suppossed to boost your nrg levels... maybe I am suffering from chronic fatigue as well :(

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2007, 3:25 am

A lot of doctors don't know how to read a thyroid test properly. Most go by TSH only which is by itself pretty worthless test. You need Free T3 level tested. Post your lab result numbers and I can interprete it for you as the endocrine system is one of my obsessions. I read medical texts for fun.

Other possibilities for being tired all the time are anemia (as in low iron), pernicious anemia (unable to convert B-12), magnesium deficiency, sleep apnea, Lyme disease, various viruses such as HHV6, EBV and CMV, heart valve defects, elevated liver enzymes, allergies, adrenal malfunction... just to name a few things.

If you feel that bad you need to see a knowledgable doctor and get a battery of tests run.

Cyanide
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2007, 3:26 am

Weird...I always end up crashing after school. I usually can't go through an entire day without having to take a 2-hour nap...I haven't had my thyroid or anything tested though.

ammerique
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Feb 2007, 4:50 am

Ticker wrote:
A lot of doctors don't know how to read a thyroid test properly. Most go by TSH only which is by itself pretty worthless test. You need Free T3 level tested. Post your lab result numbers and I can interprete it for you as the endocrine system is one of my obsessions. I read medical texts for fun.

Other possibilities for being tired all the time are anemia (as in low iron), pernicious anemia (unable to convert B-12), magnesium deficiency, sleep apnea, Lyme disease, various viruses such as HHV6, EBV and CMV, heart valve defects, elevated liver enzymes, allergies, adrenal malfunction... just to name a few things.

If you feel that bad you need to see a knowledgable doctor and get a battery of tests run.

That's a whole hosts of tests under the sun! I know I have trivial MVP... apparently it's not that serious... they even let me go through military training (conscripted u see)

htr123
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Feb 2007, 8:45 am

ive have my blood tested 3 times 3 different doctors for chronic tiredness specifically and nothing is wrong with me the only thing is cat allergies
Ive herd people with as have alot of problems with chronic tiredness as part of as and hope to hear from other people who are tired all the time and have the same deal as me when i was in school i would crash for 2 to 3 hours when i came home too

alex
Developer
Developer

06 Feb 2007, 8:49 am

do you take any medicine? adderall would cure that.

Revenant
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2007, 8:58 am

Adderal? Treating fatigue with amphetamines?

Not a good idea.

htr123
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Feb 2007, 9:01 am

ive tried adderral and stimulants for add they help some but make me cranky and only help for an hour or 2 then im tired again they did not help much thats why i stopped

i guess im kinda givin up looking for a cure but rather want to find out if outher As people have the same problems

Cernunnos
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2007, 9:02 am

I have a problem with sleep and tiredness, which I reckon is related to my AS, but indirectly.

Firstly: when I go to bed I can't stop mulling over the problems I had in the day and how I should have dealt with them better. Then I worry about the problems coming up the next day and how best to deal with those. This means I avoid going to bed early, so that I am so tired that I won't lie awake worrying.

Secondly, and related to the problems worrying about the next day: I hate actually going to sleep because I know that it means the next day is inevitably going to turn up sooner rather than later. So again, however illogical it is, I put off going to bed, because it seems to push the next day further into the future.

Thirdly: if I don't go to bed later I never get time to do what I want to do, what with household chores, kids not going to bed etc.

I know the whole thing is illogical as I end up in a vicious circle: Go to bed late, get more tired, cope less well because I'm too tired, get stressed, worry too much, not want to go to bed, go to bed late ... etc etc.

en_una_isla
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2007, 10:13 am

I get this... and I have an excellent diet and no known medical problems at present. I think my chronic tiredness stems from having difficulty sleeping-- I am rarely able to sleep for more than two hours at once. At night I usually wake up at least 2 times, sometimes I wake up every 45 minutes.

Jameson
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2007, 10:31 am

I get tired easily too. If I don't get a full 8 hours of sleep I end up dragging all day.

I get sensory overload really easily... I noticed yesterday at work that there was a lot more noise around me, and I got tired much sooner than normal. I think the two are linked. If you can, try limiting some of your senses for a day or two and see if that helps.

Air·is·water·with·holes·in·it. Think·honk·if·you're·a·telepath. Never·call·a·man·a·fool.·Borrow·from·him. A·tautology·is·a·thing·which·is·tautological. Hi!·I'm·a·.signature·virus!·Copy·me·into·your·~/.signature·to·help·me·spread!