Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2013, 12:58 pm

I most recently met a new friend through another after they invited them to a third friend's birthday party. We seemed to hit it off from day one and agreed to add each other on FB. Not only had we been chatting on FB a lot but we have been hanging out once a week as well. Even though we just started hanging out, they have been offering to take me out to dinner and paying for my meals, offering to go out of his way to pick me up and take me home, and even asked if I needed anything when I was sick a few weeks ago. I asked why he was doing this and he has been calling me his "Best friend. When we hug, they seem to be really tight 5 Mississippi hugs.

He says that he normally hangs out with me because he just moved to the area and is extremely lonely.

However, do you think he is a little too clingy or does he have a crush?

If it is a crush, I am not not to him at all but I do think he is a cool guy. How do I let him down?

If he is clingy how do I explain it without hurting his feelings?

Sherry221B
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2013, 4:37 pm

Maybe he wants to have coitus with you? People just go after their own interests and are selfish, just interested in themselves. If he doesn't want to take something from you, like money, or get advantage to you, he might want to get that-getting sexual-.
It might be the cause of him being overly affectionate towards yourself.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2013, 5:34 pm

We went out to eat last Friday after sabbath services and he made it clear that he wanted to spend one on one time with me and then wanted to hold my hand.

I of course refused by saying that since we are friends that it would make others take the hint that we are dating. I am not sure about him wanting coitus from me but he is constantly reminding me that he is lonely since he is new to the area.

What I did not care for is that he sent me a message on FB in letting me know that he got home safely which is fine. So I responded and said "Great" and he told me to go to bed since I had made it clear to him that I was planning to get up early. I thought it was a little controlling of him.

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2013, 6:26 pm

Quote:
So I responded and said "Great" and he told me to go to bed since I had made it clear to him that I was planning to get up early. I thought it was a little controlling of him.

Depends how exactly he said it. I've said this before to people I know have to get up the next day out of concern.

He sounds like he really likes you, if your able to reciprocate, I would avoid hanging out with him one on one unable he's able to accept it.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2013, 9:03 am

He said "We'll talk later, you need to get to bed." This was right after he told me that he took that hint that he was doing things that I found inappropriate at this time.

Other than that, I think he is a super nice guy and I would not mind hanging out with him in a group setting since he said that he wants to meet some new friends.